Re: Cartoon-ish Tests: "Baseball Pitch" posted!

the fall was good but you need to work on the run.

_2014

I'm not sure what's wrong with the run; it worked great in Crispy Cheeser.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

The run is good, but the fall on the other hand didn't work IMO. Maybe his torso and legs should raise for a few frames when he fell. (sliding on his head)

Last edited by VN (February 12, 2009 (11:38am))

Life is like a box of LEGO, you never know what you're gonna build. - mrgraff

The run looks ok to me. It's maybe a little distracting that he looks to one side but I don't see a problem with it. I think the fall maybe needs to be a little slower at the start. Not sure - it's hard to tell unless I slow it down and take it apart frame by frame.

VN wrote:

The run is good, but the fall on the other hand didn't work IMO. Maybe his torso and legs should raise for a few frames when he fell. (sliding on his head)

That's exactly what I was going to try next; I was going to do that the first time, but somehow I wound up with this. I guess my only excuse is that I had been out of the house all day and had only gotten about 5 hours of sleep.

0ldScratch, I added the looking to one side because I figured someone wouldn't run right into a pole if they knew it was there. Also, the actual fall was about 3 frames; tripping over the pole, one flying through the air, and hitting the ground. I don't think the problem was the amount of time it took for him to fall, though adding one more frame might make it look better.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra

I love to see a good clothesline, or getting clipped off at the head while running. A lot like the fall in "The Letter" when the door opens and he hits it. I love the tests btw.

Okay, here is Prat Fall 2.0, remade and re-mastered. I think I made a huge improvement.

NOTE: I took another look my source for the Crispy Cheeser Running Cycle, and I realized that I got it wrong! I did the correct version in this one, but I still like my version better.

It's quite the improvment.

Perfect.

Life is like a box of LEGO, you never know what you're gonna build. - mrgraff

I like the leg thing st the end

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

If there was a smily that was smiling and had a tear drop under the eye, I would use it now.
"Snif"
buetiful

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

Wow amazing animations!

mabie you can do a little short.When the minifig is planting TNT ....

Project Secret

I felt like animating something today, and this is the result; Baseball Pitch. I particularly like this one, half because of the way the figure leans back, and half because this is only the second instance of baseball pitching I can think of in any brickfilm, The Laws of Issac Newton, by MindGame, being the other.

That was very good, nice and smooth. Great masking too. The only thing that I think you can add to make it look more cartoony is before he throws the ball he should spin his arm around and around getting faster and throw the ball when it's he's spinning his arm the fastest. Like in the cartoons.:P

Oh, also I believe this is the third video of masking a throw of a stud object, not particularly being a baseball, but Hazzat masked a stud being thrown when he made "What would you do with a LEGO Stud?". mini/wink

Nice, I like the baseball pitch, but I think it could be longer

Happy THACing mini/sunnies

Love it.

My old YouTube is since long ago defunct - now even removed.
Here is my new one.

Wow, pretty nice. It's a little fast though. I think that he should throw the ball and you should take more frames when he turns his back to the camera and then pauses in the position he is in for about a second or so.

Last edited by Splash (March 7, 2009 (02:38am))

"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

filmyguy wrote:

Oh, also I believe this is the third video of masking a throw of a stud object, not particularly being a baseball, but Hazzat masked a stud being thrown when he made "What would you do with a LEGO Stud?". mini/wink

Pah, that wasn't real masking.

I like this one, especially the little tilt on his left foot when he leans back.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Baseball pitch was awesome.