Re: Cartoon-ish Tests: "Baseball Pitch" posted!

hey littlebrick you might want to watch some hanna barbera cartoons

Project Secret

Or alternatively, some cartoons where they don't recycle the same five frames over and over and call it animation.

0ldScratch wrote:

Or alternatively, some cartoons where they don't recycle the same five frames over and over and call it animation.

You're never gonna let that go, are you?

YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
Darkness cannot be destroyed. It can only be channelled.

Those were great. I applaud your animation skill!

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

maggosh wrote:

You're never gonna let that go, are you?

I'm not aware of having mentioned it before on here. I just think that if the focus is physical comedy and the animation of exaggerated motion, some of the older WB shorts might be a better choice than the Flintstones.

I highly recommend The Animaniacs.

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

Loony Toons, perhaps?

Thanks for the comments, guys. I noticed that quite a few people didn't really like the looking around bit; well, I was just playing around with the mini-figure beforehand and came up with that pose, and I though it looked pretty natural.

I'm not sure what to do for my next test. I was thinking maybe I could do some things with a soldier, or a giant hammer. I'm open to any suggestions, though.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

LB, I never knew you were this good of an animator.
I just watched pretty much all your films on Vimeo, and they were all absoulutly GREAT! Great job with this test!
I can't wait until you make another film! mini/smile

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

I love your tests, and I think you should look at this episode: Looney Tunes
I think it would be great to try something with a gun like in this episode and make a comedic shotgun to the face haha as bad as that sounds. But I do like your giant hammer idea.

It's not completely online yet (Vimeo's converting it), but here's another video: Soldier March. It's slightly different from the previous tests; where the previous two have really wacky, quick movements, this test is trying to exaggerate movements. I would have done something different, but I didn't have a giant LEGO hammer built, plus I really wanted to do a soldier march.

I'm still open to suggestions for tests; try and keep guns out of the equation, though.

PS: It looks like you might be able to download the video, if the Flash version still doesn't work.

PSS: Nevermind. It should be up in about 3 hours, 40 minutes.

Last edited by Littlebrick (February 9, 2009 (09:00pm))

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra

We have to wait 2 hours to view it unless we are Vimeo Plus members, they never have to wait. Lucky beeps.

Littlebrick wrote:

I'm still open to suggestions for tests; try and keep guns out of the equation, though.

Picking up and carrying something heavy - could be a large box or just an unexpectedly heavy briefcase.
Hanging from a helicopter footrail thing as it flies around - just capturing the movement of the fig being buffetted by the wind, changes in direction, etc.
The Groucho Marx mirror routine? That must be on youtube somewhere. I've always meant to use this in a film and never got round to it.
The ladder gag - one guy with a ladder/1x8 plate over his shoulder turns, other guy ducks, etc.
Pratfalls generally - falling flat, tripping on obstacles, falling due to impact with moving objects at head height.

That celebration one was amazing! Loved the way the legs moved there!

Yechi Hamelech!

0ldScratch wrote:
Littlebrick wrote:

Picking up and carrying something heavy - could be a large box or just an unexpectedly heavy briefcase.
Hanging from a helicopter footrail thing as it flies around - just capturing the movement of the fig being buffetted by the wind, changes in direction, etc.
The Groucho Marx mirror routine? That must be on youtube somewhere. I've always meant to use this in a film and never got round to it.
The ladder gag - one guy with a ladder/1x8 plate over his shoulder turns, other guy ducks, etc.
Pratfalls generally - falling flat, tripping on obstacles, falling due to impact with moving objects at head height.

Those are some great ideas; I'll probably end up trying out at least one of them, but I would like to try several of them. I'm not sure how I could do the helicopter one; maybe I could have the fig holding onto a pole, blown by a strong wind?

For the helicopter one, I was thinking all you'd need would be the footrail suspended from something out of shot, the minifig hanging off it, and some trees and rooftops and things to move around below him. That way, you could have him trying to dodge things as he flies along. Just a thought. mini/smile

That Soldiers March is very well done have a slice of cake on me.

_2014

Soldier's March: NAILED
Look Around and Run: Have him swing run in place a bit longer before he takes off.
Celebration: It looked ok, maybe make a longer test so I could tell better.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

The soilder's march was very nice. Maybe not as cartoony as the others were, but I can see where it was going.

The Heaven System
Watch it now!

I don't think I quite nailed this next one, but I'll see what you guys think: Prat Fall. I think I know what the problem is, and I'll re-animate it later today.

On a brighter note, I think this is the first time I've ever uploaded more than two new videos in a week.

The run cycle looked more like sliding (which I kind of like) but you nailed the fall.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png