Topic: Haunted

Directory Link

Haunted

YouTube

A person becomes scared when one of her friends tells a scary story and then hears the sound of footsteps rapidly approaching her. This video was created for the 2010 Festival of Souls Contest.
Special Thanks to MT-bricks: http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=MT_Bricks

Re: Haunted

I took a risk by watching a Festival Of Souls entry on my own, at night, with all the lights off. Fortunately, there aren't any 'jump' moments (even though I swear I would have pooped myself if something popped up during that black area between 2:28 and 2:33). Still, this was entertaining and it kept me gripped until the end, and I felt silly for not spotting the obvious 'plot twist'. Some of the animation wasn't great though - I'm not fond of minifigs raising their arms all the way and spinning their hands round 360 degrees to two they're talking. Something more subtle would have worked much better.
4/5

Also, I noticed this is available in 'Original' resolution, which is something I was only ever seen on videos that are 4000 pixels wide - what's the resolution on this?

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Hazzat wrote:

Also, I noticed this is available in 'Original' resolution, which is something I was only ever seen on videos that are 4000 pixels wide - what's the resolution on this?

It was in 2k resolution and for 16x9 that is (2048x1152)

Very nice video. i liked the story. when the guy  said, "...a Megablock' a little song play in my head which went Dun Dun Dunnnn mini/lol  . My only criticism (or the only part which annoyed me) was the part when the guy talked, no offense. It wasn't the story- i just dislike it when people make the minifigures hads spin every single time they talk! lol. otherwise, very nice video.   *4/5 stars*

Emayesoen wrote:

My only criticism (or the only part which annoyed me) was the part when the guy talked, no offense. It wasn't the story- i just dislike it when people make the minifigures hads spin every single time they talk!

Yay my brother said the something and I can see your point. In future I think I will avoid twirling the wrist 360 degrease.

I would love some more feed back for this film.

I can't comment that much since I'm a judge.

But that was interesting.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/7904765754_a766f0e523.jpg
Into the darkness once more. I walk into the unknown. To a far better life than I've ever known.

Scypax wrote:

I can't comment that much since I'm a judge.

But that was interesting.

I hope it was interesting in a good way.

It is. mini/smile

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/7904765754_a766f0e523.jpg
Into the darkness once more. I walk into the unknown. To a far better life than I've ever known.

Scypax wrote:

It is. mini/smile

Ok good you had me worried for a second.

Who Review this film? It got a 5 overall but in all the other categories it got a 0. Is that a mistake?

Maybe it's my fault but I wasn't in the mood to watch a brickfilm with much dialogues so I was expecting more jump scares and such when watching a movie with a title "Haunted". The animation itself I gotta say was GREAT! Really great job thumbs up for your work! mini/smile  it's just that as I've said I wanted more action. Overall I gotta say it's a really nice film, definitely worth watching.

LarryStudios wrote:

Maybe it's my fault but I wasn't in the mood to watch a brickfilm with much dialogues so I was expecting more jump scares and such when watching a movie with a title "Haunted". The animation itself I gotta say was GREAT! Really great job thumbs up for your work! mini/smile  it's just that as I've said I wanted more action. Overall I gotta say it's a really nice film, definitely worth watching.

No it was not the overall rating it was the fact the the information was not filled in all the way on the sub scores.

LarryStudios is not a member of the Review Panel. While I was not the reviewer in question, films that are not recommended generally receive an overall rating. It's up to the reviewer in question, though.

Jargon wrote:

LarryStudios is not a member of the Review Panel. While I was not the reviewer in question, films that are not recommended simply receive an overall rating.

All my past films got sub ratings and were not in the recommended category.

It's up to the reviewer in question. It's also a relatively recent policy, as things are rather backed up at the moment.

Jargon wrote:

It's up to the reviewer in question. It's also a relatively recent policy, as things are rather backed up at the moment.

OK that is what I wanted to know. Thank you for your time.