Topic: More Administrators, More videos on BIM?

We all know that Every Brickfilm here on BIM is being Reviewed before releasing to the Website.
All though, many people are complaining that their videos arrent never getting Released, because they arrent not many video´s are getting Reviewed.

I just had an idea, that i don´t think i´m the only one who has had.
If there is more Administrators or Moderators, or whatever it´s called, on BIM.
then more people are able to Review the videos, and then more people will be happy mini/smile

I just checked the list of Moderators and Administrators and i found
10 Moderators, and 7 Administrators.

now, am i rigth when i say that the Administrators is like the "big-guy-bosses",
and the Moderators are the "guards" that makes shure that everybody is following the rules.

another thing:
if its only Administrators that can Review videos, then why arrent they never Reviewing videos?
there is new videos on the Website once and a while, but comparing that to all the videos that has been
uploaded, thats just...

now, i have NO problems with anything!
I am just "speaking out loud" about my idea, that i don´t think that i´m the only one has had.

Please wrigth what YOU think.

Re: More Administrators, More videos on BIM?

1: There are also reviewers that aren't Mods. They're just members that are part of the Review Panel.

2: They already extended the Review Panal, who are not all Mods.
3: You have many spelling errors
4: This is in the wrong thread (should go in the Site thread- very bottom)
5: Slow down on the topic creations, you're like me, posting faster than anyone else- except I didn't make a topic for every idea that popped into my head. Be selective and think before you post.

Not to be offensive. Just slow down. (Yes I should probably listen to my own words... mini/tongue )

Brickfilmer a decade ago, now looking to relive the glory days mini/smile

My OCD and spelling pet-peeve is going to drive me crazy. 
Please spell check before posting, it would really help.

JWKstudios wrote:

[...]that their videos arrent never getting Released, because they arrent not many video´s are getting Reviewed.

So their videos are not never getting Released because they are not not many videos are getting reviewed?

BricksInMotion.com is not Youtube.  Youtube let's any crap get uploaded.  BricksInMotion.com's directory only includes the better and best brickfilms out there.  No crappy 2 fps out of focus incoherent animation.  Those people can cry to their Youtube subscribers.  People are allowed to post their films in the forum, but only the good ones are accepted to the Directory.

https://i.imgur.com/4b9NnS3.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/GUIl0qk.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/ox64uld.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/v3iyhE5.png

DerTarchin wrote:

-They already extended the Review Panal, who are not all Mods.
-You have many spelling errors
-This is in the wrong thread (should go in the Site thread- very bottom)
-slow down on the topic creations, you're like me, posting faster than anyone else- except I didn't make a topic for every idea that popped into my head. Be selective and think before you post.

Not to be offensive. Just slow down. (Yes I should probably listen to my own words... mini/tongue )

you are absoluttely rigth.
i didnt think rigth about what thread this should be one, so i just chossed this one.
and, this is an idea i´ve had for a while, so i though i wanted to know what the rest of the worl though.

and i just checked the user list on "Reviewers" and i see there´s 10.

are they sitting down everybody and talking to earch other about earch brickfilm or what?

Lechnology wrote:

My OCD and spelling pet-peeve is going to drive me crazy. 
Please spell check before posting, it would really help.

yes, i am deeply sorry for not being the best speller. i´m erupean, or whatever...

about youtube and such, of course. BIM is for the good Brickfilmers.
and i´m not complaining about anything. i´m just saying. i´ve seen many videos here that are "bad" comparred to mine.

I believe (and I'm new too, so a mod or other older BiMer feel free to correct me) that they each just sign in to an admin. style account and choose from a list of submitted films, rate them, comment them, and then complete the submission by adding it to the directory, then move on to the next one. They work independently unless they PM each other or something.

Also, its really annoying me, your spelling. Is it because you can't speak/write proper English words/grammer because you're from Denmark, or are you in a hurry to type, or what? Its annoying.

right
chose
absolutely

and those are just a few, plus your grammer.

well, my english spelling isn´t the greatest, i admit it. but i´ve started to chat online and such to be better at it.

but, if they are earch reviewing videos, then the question is why there isn´t that many new vidoes.
arrent people uploading videos all the time?

i respect that only the good ones are getting through, but...   ...yeah...

Not neccessarily only the good ones. Just tests or WIPs or other non film/trailer videos don't get submitted. Go here:
http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/to … your-film/

be patient.

Moved to correct forum.

The Review Panel is in charge of reviewing films. Moderators and Administrators are able to review films, but it's not their main job and very few do so. All three of these user groups are able to access the film queue through their own accounts. Reviewers watch one of the oldest 25 films in the queue and decide whether or not it is worthy of inclusion in the directory. If so, he will then rate its technical qualities, and if it is worthy of recommendation to the rest of the community, type up a written review, before finally accepting it into the directory.

Adding new panel members has been tried, and it's always hit or miss. The first panel expansion added four panel members and got the queue from around 120 films down to 25, but all four of those additions have either quit or stopped reviewing. The most recent expansion added three new members and lowered the queue from nearly 200 films to 70 at its lowest point... however, one of the additions has only reviewed around ten films and a second only reviewed a single film, and the queue has crept back over 120.

As most of the reviewers are older teenagers and above, things like school, work, and significant others (well, we are brickfilmers... maybe not that last one) take up much of our time, and while we fit in as much reviewing as we can, it's sometimes tough to find the will to watch and attempt to critique yet another dynamic duo, Star Wars "parody," or forrestfire ripoff. Panel members unfortunately drop like flies once they're added... the number of guys who review 5 or fewer films and then disappear is probably equal to the number who are actually productive... and finding people up to the task is a tough proposition.

Reviewing is a chore. At the risk of offending some of our members, many of the films submitted simply aren't especially entertaining--I'd guess that only about 30% of submissions receive recommended status, a rating that indicates the reviewer feels the majority of BiM members would enjoy the film. It's for this reason that so few additions show up on the front page... films are being reviewed in the interim, but they're deemed to be below the quality standard to recommend to the community.

The ultimate solution is likely going to be a combination of things... perhaps continuing to search for more panel members who won't go AWOL after the first week, perhaps tightening directory standards to keep out some of the riffraff, and definitely some patience on the part of the general membership. Rest assured that we realize we've got a problem and that we're working to fix it... but it's much easier said than done.

Oh, and lay off the guy about his English. If he was yet another American dip[expletive] who abuses lolspeak and the Caps Lock, fire away, but considering that he's Danish and his most egregious error was ignoring those little red squiggles under many of his words, I'm willing to cut him some slack.

EDIT: And before anyone yells at me for complaining about Americans, I am one. And there are times I'm ashamed of that fact.

With all due respect Noodle, I don't want you here. - Ratboy Productions

DerTarchin wrote:

I <3 Irony

There are a lot of Review Panel members, but we don't review every film.  We're making a reasonable pace on reviewing these days, but unfortunately there are not very many qualified people who are willing to review films on a regular basis.  Most of the applications we get are from children and teens with poor grammar, spelling, and overall writing ability, and we try to be a little pickier when accepting people to the review panel so that the reviews will actually mean something.

And as we've seen time and time again, there's nothing that makes people less interested in reviewing films than being accepted into the review panel.  They tend to write 3-4 reviews and then fizzle out, the majority of the time.

Again, the review process and directory isn't meant to be a way of getting feedback for the directors of the films.  It's for public browsing of the best of this site, so given that the significant time lapse should generally not make much difference.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Sméagol wrote:
DerTarchin wrote:

I <3 Irony

The funniest part about this is that he bolded his own spelling error.

With all due respect Noodle, I don't want you here. - Ratboy Productions

Noodle wrote:

... perhaps continuing to search for more panel members who won't go AWOL after the first week,

Hm, I'm actually rather interested now. If it's not too much of a problem, I'd like to reapply for the Review Panel (I think my reviews were a tad bit too long last time.) I'm on BiM quite a bit, and lots of the time don't have much else to do, so I think I could reasonably say that I would keep reviewing films, if from nothing else than of the lack of something else to do for an hour or so each day. However, if you don't want/need me on the panel, or just don't feel I'm responsible enough, I'm fine with that also. I'm just throwing out a suggestion.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/BGanimations/Signatures/final_400x100.png

I've heard similar words before, from people who ended up reviewing two films or so.  Not that you'd do that, but it's statistically pretty likely based on past experience.

You're welcome to reapply, I don't remember your reviews specifically but if I were to be honest my recollection was just that nobody who we didn't accept submitted competently written reviews; we weren't especially picky.  It wouldn't be so much an issue of making the review shorter as avoiding mistakes and not lingering on technical details instead of reviewing the film itself.

Also I basically never check the applications, but if we get desperate again I may start checking them.  The reviewing rate right now isn't quite as bad as it was for a while, so I didn't plan to try to add more people soon, because that never really helps the problem very much.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

I try to do them in chunks of five or so. I'll see if I can fit some in tomorrow. mini/smile

Sméagol wrote:

I didn't plan to try to add more people soon, because that never really helps the problem very much.

Maybe you added the wrong people?

are you asking the new Reviewers (before they become reviewers) what they kan do,
and what kind of experiences they have, so you know witch "level" they are on?

I think that you should have like a month of training, and test their endurance and ability. We also pretty much agree with JWK, the films don't seem to be comming any quicker. Now please, PLEASE don't take this the wrong way, we are not saying that you guys don't do an excellent job, because you do. We really appreciate your work here and dedicating your time for snotty kids, no offense we are included. All we are saying is that you should probably release the people who aren't doing anything, and then if you recruit anyone else, do the month training thing. Now, we have applied again and again for the review pannel, and we have been turned down every single time. At first this was a little of our issue towards the review pannel, we felt that we deserved the job since we usually have decent grammar, and decent reviewing techniques. But now, we realize that it's not the more people you get it's the quality. So that's or advice quality over quantity.

http://tinyurl.com/krwj4ek
http://tinyurl.com/kvxr6umhttp://tinyurl.com/kxofj4mhttp://tinyurl.com/k5fw3syhttp://tinyurl.com/m4rv8tf

Firstly, JWK, I understand that you're Danish, but I would recommend using an online translator to translate from Danish to English.

Secondly, of all the 14 reviewers, the ones that make rare appearances would be Tripod, Leonardo812, and Blue Ghost. Everyone else appears more than once a week.

Thirdly, the way reviewers apply to gain their title, is they review 3 or 4 films, and PM them to a user named Review Panel. They don't get in without decent English grammar and spelling. They are required to review a film at least once a month, or they are removed from the panel. (Don't quote me on that, I'm not on the panel, nor do I run it.)

JWKstudios wrote:

Maybe you added the wrong people?

I know you mean well, but please don't question him like that. It's rude, it's insubordinate, and running BiM, I'm certain, is quite stressful.

Juggernaut Pictures wrote:

I think that you should have like a month of training, and test their endurance and ability.

This is for mods, not reviewers.

At first this was a little of our issue towards the review pannel, we felt that we deserved the job since we usually have decent grammar...

Sméagol said it just right when he said: I <3 irony.

Yeah, I haven't been doing a a whole lot about reviewing films at the moment, I think I've only accepted like four or five films into the directory over the last three or four weeks - none of which were recommended. Every time I prepared to write a review, I was lost for words and couldn't string a coherent sentance together to save my life, mind you that was when I was super tired at 12am in the morning.

I think I'll be able to stick to a more regular pattern in the future.

Hehe. Sorry for the review panel mistake. mini/shifty

Wow. Thanks Noodle. I never knew all of this... I would love to commit my time to reviewing brickfilms, but being the first year in High School I'd never find the time. Is it possible to become a Reviewer only in the summer? Because I'm usually open in the summers. Just since I signed up I've spent so much time on the forums (as you've probably noticed) that I bet I would have gone through at least 20 brickfilms submitted. I'd probably review the best when I'm all "fresh" and excited for brickfilming. Once people fizzle down, they wont think of it as that important of a priority. Of course I have NO idea how I might review (what do you consider to be worth the community watching) and I'm worried I might turn down films that other reviewers may consider worth adding to the directory....

Last edited by DerTarchin (September 2, 2010 (09:19am))