Re: Happy Septemberfest Everyone!

I'm fine with celebrating all these classic films, but not with just celebrating TCOTY. I'm just not a fan of celebrating TCOTY in itself.

I'd just like to say that I knew NXT was only pretending not to understand in the first place but I was meaning to play along with it.

MooCJ, if you reject TCOTY you reject all classic brickfilms.  It is the cornerstone on which the entire canon of classic brickfilms is founded.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

RealBrick rant in 1....2....3....

Sméagol wrote:

I'd just like to say that I knew NXT was only pretending not to understand in the first place but I was meaning to play along with it.
MooCJ, if you reject TCOTY you reject all classic brickfilms.  It is the cornerstone on which the entire canon of classic brickfilms is founded.

Meh, I've come to accept Septemberfest for what it is...
a hilarious month long celebration of a film with an insanely rabid following.

I still say there should be a month long celebration of the cult films:
Like Anne Frank in Bricks by Weirdears
The Carnivorous Deer of Trappleton County
and...
*drumroll*

ONORNO!!!

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG

ONORNO!!! mini/bigsmile

Seriously, that movie is genius. I'm dead serious.

-MRB

YouTube
Max, She/They

RealBrick wrote:

Actually, I can agree with you about the animation in Unrenewable, but the voice acting I have to say, was better in Unrenewable.

Oh well, at least we agree on one thing, right mini/tongue?

Is anyone besides and The Janitor me a PK fan?  I love those wacky dudes.

Thanks for reminding me of that one. It's quite infamous for being ridiculously over-hyped before its release.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

RevMen wrote:

Is anyone besides and The Janitor me a PK fan?  I love those wacky dudes.

PK fan?  mini/eh

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG

PK Porukka and the others.  They made those crazy art films with strange sounds.

Oh yeah! He's still around on YouTube.
I enjoyed his abstract films as well.

Protowrxs had the most memorable music videos.
Great stuff.

YouTube/Twitter/SG

Protowrxs' Antidepressants still makes me laugh.

Sadly I can't enter the septemberfest. mini/sad

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/7904765754_a766f0e523.jpg
Into the darkness once more. I walk into the unknown. To a far better life than I've ever known.

Wait... Not PK.  PE.

But yes, you found them.  Excellent.

Might be nice to have a list of classic films/filmers in this thread.
Trying to shake up my brain and list some.

Edit...
This guy used to post test vids of Lego explosions.
I can't find any of Idiotless's "Fight Club" films on YouTube. :'(
Couldn't find Logan's account, but someone else uploaded his films.

Yeeesh, wish I downloaded all of the classics ages ago.
Seems like they're an endangered species nowadays.

YouTube/Twitter/SG

Vandy is one.

http://i.imgur.com/Q9NCUnx.png

MPfist0 wrote:
Juggernaut Pictures wrote:

I give TCOTY the story, it has that over unrenewable. But, the animation is average, the the quality of the voice actors mics are horrible, and the camera... ew. So from a story yes TCOTY is better, but the technical aspects of Unrenewable, the compositing, the camera quality, the effects, masking, CGI, animation, facial animation, grading, lighting, and cinematography is much better in Unrenewable, now I realize that Unrenewable was made in a more modern time than TCOTY, but TCOTY still does not compare to the technical aspects of Unrenewable. And I feel that it is quite unfair to exclude all of the other great brickfilms (Picturesque, The River, and even a modern one like The Force Unleashed) and just call one the "best brickfilm" and slap every other animator in the face. It is fine to have an opinion, but to make a holiday, and state it as a fact that it is the best, is arrogant, rude, obnoxious, bias, and disrespectful to every other brickfilmer. Sorry to ruin the holiday cheer but this is simply how we feel.

Hey, calm down. I never said it sucks, or that I don't like the voice acting, or the effects, or animation (well, also, in unrenewable, the animation isn't the strongest part). You know, none of these things are what make a brickfilm great. And plus, Tcoty isn't my favourite brickfilm, 12 bucks is, and I honestly don't think it really is the best brickfilm ever. Neither Unrenewable is. Probably neither 12 bucks it. It's really difficult to make everybody agree on which one the best brickfilm is, you know why. Sorry for any disrespectful acting I had, obnoxious, rude, arrogant or whatever. It wasn't my intention. Also my post was more of a joke than a serious post.

P.S.: Masking? In tcoty there isn't any shot where masking is used (correct me if I'm wrong). And I have to disagree with you that voice acting and animation is better in Unrenewable than in tcoty.

P.P.S.: Sorry if in this last post I was a bit arrogant or rude again, I was a bit surprised anyone would take my previous post seriously, and seeing you complaining and insulting (by that I mean calling me rude, abnoxious etc etc...I don't know the right term) me about that, made me go mad.

P.P.P.S.: Vik, the list is coming in my next post, probably mini/tongue. If there is going to be a next post.

Edit: sorry, last thing. I think The River can be considered a classic, not sure about the other two (especially picturesque). There are a lot of "modern great films".

We weren't actually just talking to you, it's not wrong to have an opinion. And you weren't disrespectful in any way. Sadly it looks like we (yes we are 3 people) did what we flamed everyone for, we pretty much stated that Unrenewable is the best when it is actually an opinion.

Last edited by Juggernaut Pictures (September 10, 2010 (03:48pm))

http://tinyurl.com/krwj4ek
http://tinyurl.com/kvxr6umhttp://tinyurl.com/kxofj4mhttp://tinyurl.com/k5fw3syhttp://tinyurl.com/m4rv8tf

Today is the 5th anniversary of when TCOTY was released!! mini/delirium mini/delirium TCOTY FOR THE WIN!!!

Used to be 'Caidence'

MPfist0 wrote:

I give TCOTY the story, it has that over unrenewable. But, the animation is average, the the quality of the voice actors mics are horrible, and the camera... ew. So from a story yes TCOTY is better, but the technical aspects of Unrenewable, the compositing, the camera quality, the effects, masking, CGI, animation, facial animation, grading, lighting, and cinematography is much better in Unrenewable, now I realize that Unrenewable was made in a more modern time than TCOTY, but TCOTY still does not compare to the technical aspects of Unrenewable. And I feel that it is quite unfair to exclude all of the other great brickfilms (Picturesque, The River, and even a modern one like The Force Unleashed) and just call one the "best brickfilm" and slap every other animator in the face. It is fine to have an opinion, but to make a holiday, and state it as a fact that it is the best, is arrogant, rude, obnoxious, bias, and disrespectful to every other brickfilmer. Sorry to ruin the holiday cheer but this is simply how we feel.

Hey, calm down. I never said it sucks, or that I don't like the voice acting, or the effects, or animation (well, also, in unrenewable, the animation isn't the strongest part). You know, none of these things are what make a brickfilm great. And plus, Tcoty isn't my favourite brickfilm, 12 bucks is, and I honestly don't think it really is the best brickfilm ever. Neither Unrenewable is. Probably neither 12 bucks it. It's really difficult to make everybody agree on which one the best brickfilm is, you know why. Sorry for any disrespectful acting I had, obnoxious, rude, arrogant or whatever. It wasn't my intention. Also my post was more of a joke than a serious post.

P.S.: Masking? In tcoty there isn't any shot where masking is used (correct me if I'm wrong). And I have to disagree with you that voice acting and animation is better in Unrenewable than in tcoty.

P.P.S.: Sorry if in this last post I was a bit arrogant or rude again, I was a bit surprised anyone would take my previous post seriously, and seeing you complaining and insulting (by that I mean calling me rude, abnoxious etc etc...I don't know the right term) me about that, made me go mad.

P.P.P.S.: Vik, the list is coming in my next post, probably mini/tongue. If there is going to be a next post.

Edit: sorry, last thing. I think The River can be considered a classic, not sure about the other two (especially picturesque). There are a lot of "modern great films".

We weren't actually just talking to you, it's not wrong to have an opinion. And you weren't disrespectful in any way. Sadly it looks like we (yes we are 3 people) did what we flamed everyone for, we pretty much stated that Unrenewable is the best when it is actually an opinion.

Are 'you' three clones? Because you always seem to think the exact same thing. You never have a different opinion?...

Vik, the List (since you wanted it)(the order it's casual):
-12 Bucks                                                    -America: Outlawed                                                    -Cognizance
-Down the Hatch                                           -The Day Brickfilms DOT com crashed                         -Zero Gravity Rebellion
-Odd Jobs                                                    -Special Deliverance                                                   -Valentine
-Night at the Pier                                          -Choose your own storyline: The fight for Paradise Hills -Writers Block
-Da Europeans: Unfinished Project                 -The Magic Portal                                                        -Aladibababad
-Frankenstein                                               -Beast                                                                       -Through the years
-Mr Socially impaired: The end of expectation -Robota                                                                     -One: A space Odissey
-Manos: the hands of Dave                            -Out of Time                                                              -Twisted
-The first lego movie                                     -The Citizen of the Year                                              -Bane of the Sith
-Allest ist Die Noppe                                      -Amphibian Appendages                                             -Mirrored Perspective
-Henry & Edmond: Le nouveau Voisin             -Changes (for 6 music)                                               -Box: an epic motion picture
-First Class                                                   -The River                                                                 -The Gauntlet
-Canister Wasteland 2                                   -Days of our Pizza                                                      -Gurve Meh The Candy
-The Game                                                   -The Franky Job                                                         -1xy
-Oldschool Lego Star Wars: A new hope          -Taco Trouble                                                            -The Letter
-About a Door                                               -Star Wars: The Great Disturbance                              -Good Company Redux
-Fallen Part 1                                                -The Han Solo Affair

These are only 50 of the brickfilms I enjoy more than Unrenewable. Right now I'm watching ladonite's brickfilms, so yeah, there are a lot more (I hope I don't get banned by Smeagol for disliking his last work mini/tongue).