Topic: Worst Eastern

Directory Link

Worst Eastern

Worst Eastern

Man arrives at motel late at night. He has been driving for several hours and desperately wants a place to sleep.
However, is the motel properly cleaned?

Find out in this action-packed horror thriller comedy!

If you slept restlessly the night after you watched Psycho, this movie will keep you sleepless the next two weeks...

My second stop-motion/brickfilm.

Last edited by Sylther (June 16, 2010 (02:04pm))

Re: Worst Eastern

Your second stop motion film? That was nice. Although, I think it could have been a bit longer, but still a very nice film. I'd give 3.5/5

You do that classic continental thing where you pronouns V as W, it made me laugh. Anyway the animation was bad but the car would of looked better if you eased in and out. I didn't like the Titles but that didn't really effect the film in anyway.
I would say that it was enjoyable and certainly good for your second film, there aren't many people who have made something like that for their second film.

great job! i think the animation was very good for being your second film! mini/smile I cant wait to see more films from you!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/RealBrick/Sigs/braswell.png

Light flicker can SUCK it!

Thank you all for the comments.

TDogg186 wrote:

You do that classic continental thing where you pronouns V as W, it made me laugh.

I’m glad that the movie made you laugh. That was the whole point with the movie mini/wink

A friend made me aware of the vacancy/wacancy thing, when I was about to finish production. I didn’t want to re-do the dialog then. I thought it wouldn’t be a big issue – animation, the dialog itself and the editing was the primary. But now I regret, because it irritates me.
Anyway, you can just imagine the two guys as being from the continent – from a non-English-speaking country – both having the same pronunciation disorder mini/smile

TDogg186 wrote:

.....the car would of looked better if you eased in and out.

I’m not sure about the “ease-out”, but “ease-in”, yes.
I never was happy with the scene in total. I liked the camera movement (first time I worked with that) and the light from the car.
But I had problem doing the ease-in. The problem was (and is) that the base plate have these buds (don’t know if that’s the correct word). This means it is difficult to move the car in small steps. If you do, it looks like the car getting up and down – like it’s jumping – because in some frames the car would stand on the buds (high level) and others between buds (low level).

I haven’t figured out how to solve that problem.

Anyone have a suggestion?

An excellent job for a second film. I'm fairly sure you mean your second full film, because you must have experimented a bit with tests etc. before. The animation was distracting, because animation is probably the highest regarded quality of a brickfilm, and I thought it was the least impressive. The set design was excellent, and the camera movements were great too. I think the voice acting could do with a little work but it wasn't really bad. I thought that the story was a bit of a let down, and the film seemed to short for its own good (That sort of thing should really extend to 6+ minutes) but what there was was good. I'm going to be a bit specific about this mark, because I think 3.5 is too low, but 4 is a tiny bit much.
3.7/5 - A great Attempt for a second brickfilm, but definitely flawed

"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

Very nice second film! Unfortunately, I saw the plot twist 80 miles away when I read the description. You should work on that. mini/wink

I do not care about your opinion, unless it has to do with it needing more ponies.
||YouTube||BrickShelf||Vimeo|

Thank you all for your honest and constructive comments.
I appreciate that.
I still have a lot to learn.