Topic: Squad 1066

Directory Link

Squad 1066

link

After about a month and a half of animating bit by bit, I have finally finished my second entry to Spugesdu's stop-motion contest. It includes lots of lasers, lightsaber effects, and even a bit of CGI. Simag, the clones, droids, and sith apprentices and masters are voiced by Kurtis. The very short part with the radio guy in the hangar (not the one with the weird helmet) was voiced by me, enjoy...

Re: Squad 1066

When I first started watching that I thought that this was just another terrible copy of squad 42, the starting walk cycle is amateurish and the fps is very low. But by the end I found my self wanting to watch the next episode. The thing that made this good was that it had a fast paste atmosphere, used good music (even though it was copyrighted mini/no ) and showed nice cinematography. And for some reason your animation skills improved as the film went on. voices weren't bad ether.

7/10

To improve it I would recommend adjusting the sound levels at the opening credits, it was hard to hear what you were saying over the 'Justice league' music.

I found it cool. the animation was good. but I thought you would get voices slightly higher compared to the music.

8 / 10

Why are you looking at my signature?
Mod edit: Your signature started it.
... Oh yeah.

well done, i agree with both motion studios and TDogg, and really there isn't much more to say. A very good storyline.

My Blog]       Flickr]        Twitter]        YouTube]
"Eh" - Bertl

OK, time for a review!
To start with I actually fond this better then some of the Squad 42s. The animation and voicing was mediocre, however you managed to pull-off a 10 Minute Brickfilm without it loosing it's pace, so for that I congratulate you. You certainly have a problem with light flickers as well, but that can be adjusted and fixed over time, and will come with experience (As all things do).

Though slightly jittery you pulled off some good techniques with the animation though. The bit after they go through their pods was quite brilliant, with a good amount of people doing stuff at once, something very hard to pull-off. So basically this had it's ups and downs. One thing I have to say is good music choice, even if it does need to be tuned down a little.

Set Design: 6.2/10
Voice Acting: 7.1/10
Animation: 7.7/10
Lighting: 7.2/10
Story: 8.2/10
Overall: 7.4/10

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

LegOpinions wrote:

To start with I actually fond this better then some of the Squad 42s.

That's because it is better than all the Squad 42 to date.

I'd be more than happy to let this win, I enjoyed it tremendously! Good luck!