Re: The Lego Movie Project

I saw your email. I would like to apply for the animator role but Just to remind you...

I really want to take part in this, but I won't be free on school days, only on weekends( if there is no homework) and holidays.

So I won't be animating now as it is the exam period. Also, as the exams are coming (as I said before) I won't be participating that much, only after. I'll send the test film later. 2 frames per milliseconds is ok, right?

Also, the script seems to be a dark ages style.Is it, or is it a modern place.

Last edited by D.J.M. (April 15, 2009 (02:16am))

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

It takes place in the medieval times.

What will probably happen is that the animators will be assigned scenes to complete, you could probably do one or two scenes in total with the holidays and if you finish you could tackle another one or two if you wanted.

That is what will most likely happen.

"11 year olds should dance with girls kiss with tounge and make good things out of this" -- Brick by brick
"What the heck is this underwear business?" -- BertL

SKETCHY.

What happened to Super? I got kicked a few months back.

Not trying to be mean but, This project will crash and burn like a candle in a hurricane. (Not the same but you get the point) What I'm saying is, even if you do make this to the credits, no one will put it in there theater. Sorry

Last edited by lil'jj (April 15, 2009 (06:12pm))

We're not trying to get this in theaters nationally (at least I hope so, that's a ridiculous idea), but as The Doctor said, he has some options locally, and maybe others have that option as well (I don't).

Like The Doctor said, you need to believe if you want this to get finished. This is a true community project, uniting the entire community of brickfilmers across Brickfilms AND Bricksinmotion.

It seems like the one way to keep a project like this afloat is to take it in small stages. Don't set huge, gigantic goals. Take it one scene at a time, one animator at a time. Don't overload animators, let them pull out after a scene or two if they need to. That's going to be the trick here: keeping momentum by moving in steps.

- Leo

lil'jj wrote:

What happened to Super? I got kicked a few months back.

SUPER is, to my knowledge, dead.  Lechnology was really trying to keep it alive, but deadlines for script revisions and such passed and people stopped posting on the forum.  I was never heavily involved in the writing and wasn't going to be filming any of it, my emphases were in effects and music.

I will say that while I think this project is probably too ambitious for its own good, from what I can tell it isn't nearly in the same realm of ridiculously unfeasible projects as SUPER was.  That having been said, SUPER had a lot more people working on it and a lot more experience behind it (in regards to brickfilming) and it still didn't work out.

My point about the theatre releases was just that while it's sort of fun to have your movie shown in a theater, I'm not sure how likely a few public screenings are to garner the fairly large-scale publicity you're hoping for.  I've had my movies shown in theaters (albeit for festivals) and on local TV, and gotten mentions in local newspapers for it.  It's fun, but this kind of small-scale media exposure is unlikely to create long-term publicity.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Leonardo812 wrote:

It seems like the one way to keep a project like this afloat is to take it in small stages. Don't set huge, gigantic goals. Take it one scene at a time, one animator at a time. Don't overload animators, let them pull out after a scene or two if they need to. That's going to be the trick here: keeping momentum by moving in steps.

- Leo

Yea, this is what I mean. Have them do one at a time etc.

"11 year olds should dance with girls kiss with tounge and make good things out of this" -- Brick by brick

Badger wrote:

We're not trying to get this in theaters nationally (at least I hope so, that's a ridiculous idea), but as The Doctor said, he has some options locally, and maybe others have that option as well (I don't).

Like The Doctor said, you need to believe if you want this to get finished. This is a true community project, uniting the entire community of brickfilmers across Brickfilms AND Bricksinmotion.

I do doubt that it will go beyond my local area unless other people are willing to put their own time and money into screenings in their local area.

Absolute best case scenario with the release is that we get offers for further screenings from some sort of distributor or cinema chain. But again that is absolute best case, I do doubt that it will get past the local stage but I'm not ruling it out because you have to realize what we're doing here and that no one has ever done it before (to the best of my knowledge) and I think that will attract a lot of attention.

But as Smeagol said, it probably won't last. We'll get our brief stint in the spot-light and we'll vanish. Although people, here at least, would defiantly remember who we are and what we did should we choose to come back.

Heh, even one of MY films have been screened ONE time on one of the largest screens(cinema) in Norway..
It was over a year ago and it sucked.
Here it is, you surely don't think this deserves that?

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Antifaan/KISS/kiss_banner_2.jpg

and another plus is that we have many people dedicated to this project!!
who even without the promise of a huge turnout, will stick through this to the end!
so don't give up Doc! let's get this movie rolling! we have multiple people working
on the script as we speak, and as for voice actors... i wanna try out... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40uEklriidQ
(i play the part of craig)

Good to see you on BIM, FLIPaBRIK. mini/smile

_2014

hey thanks, i just joined yesterday!

I should update and let you guys know that we will probably be lowering the length aim for this to something like 45-60 minutes. I would like it to be 60 minutes because any less and it will just be an epic short film.

Hey, I'll try to send my application film for an animator role this weekend. I'll try.

Could everyone submit their applications via the thread on BF.com? I know you hate the site but it makes things easier.

http://brickfilms.com/community/viewtop … mp;t=23812

Please submit applications for animation in this thread on BF.com.

K. I will make and post a short tomorrow.

Dr007 wrote:

I should update and let you guys know that we will probably be lowering the length aim for this to something like 45-60 minutes. I would like it to be 60 minutes because any less and it will just be an epic short film.

yes! that is  a good idea considering that a 90min production wouldnt keep the attention of the little ones quite as long as a 60min... good thinking!