Re: The Fastest Funniest Lego Star Wars Story Ever Told

Wow so much win. The sets were stellar as were the brick built fx.

CrimStories

Other:  DOTBW      Take Out      Crime Stories      Cyclic     YouTube

This is awesome mini/eek

Haha, I loved the fast-paced and funny storyline. The sets were amazing (along with the animation), and the narrator's voice sounded great! I'd give it a 9/10.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/BGanimations/Signatures/final_400x100.png

AWESOME!

Cool stuff - totally entertaining and awesome.

- Leo

-

Last edited by Lucas (September 1, 2021 (10:28am))

Very impressive stuff here.  I think I was most amazed by the sets, but everything was done really well too.  Most importantly it was entertaining, never a dull moment.  I hope Lego has more work for you to do mini/smile

Impressive...most impressive. /obviousjoke

Nice job on the sets, especially on the Death Star explosions (I also had to pause and rewatch the X-wing landing in Dagobah a couple times). I also really liked a lot of the background sound effects to the narration as well as the timing on the animation, definitely helped give the film a nice little comedic kick.

I tip my hat to an insane amount of work -- great timing and character touches, crazy brick-built in-camera effects, sweet lighting and design, and an overall solid tribute to the Holy Trilogy. The massive amount of views says it all -- really great job.

I must say, that the most impressive thing in this film wasn't the sets, (though those were amazing), but the simple subtleties in the animation, and the bricksplosions. But the one part the really stood out to tell me how much this was thought through, was when lukes hand falls on to the ship before him, I only noticed it the third time watching, but I am 100% sure it improved my experience, even when I didn't notice it.

My Blog]       Flickr]        Twitter]        YouTube]
"Eh" - Bertl

Just to quell my jealous heart, I like to think that the people who were thanked in the credits all loaned different SW sets to make this video. Not that one kid had all those sets! :-D

Now they just need to do the prequels!

Well, as far as I know, this dude has won the Nickelodeon competition for Lego, and Lego supports him now.

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

Not sure if Lego supports him now for good, but it supported this film.

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

it's funny... my mom showed me this somewhere else online, and somehow you just happened to be a BIM member mini/lol  ____   
                                                                                                                                                                               l____l
                                                                                                                                                                               l

That was pretty awesome, I'd almost say it was close to Spite Your Face kind of work. I'm still waiting for the day I can make a brickfilm with a LEGO company size amount of LEGO mini/tongue

All right, not to bump an old topic, but it's been a while since I looked at this and there are a number of comments I haven't seen before... maybe since it was officially added to the directory?  Anyways, THANKS EVERYONE!!  Your comments mean so much to me!  It's really the only feedback I get!

For those that are interested, it was SOO much work to pull this off.  I don't know if I'll ever be able to top it without similarly huge licensed properties, but time will tell.  LEGO has been keeping me busy but I'm not employed by them.  I'm on a break right now, with two more shorts in the can waiting for release online.  A music video of sorts that premiered at Brickworld 2010 (probably end up in a LEGOclubTV episode on Youtube) and some Space Police promo work that will probably make its way to the LEGO website in the next month or so too.  So keep an eye out, and I'm hoping to do more!

To make you all sick with envy, I DID get to keep all the kits pictured, and even a few more!  This includes incredible bonus items like the chrome gold C3po!  But it still represents only a small fraction of the entire product line, and the vast majority of the background details came out of my own collection.  I do have a fair amount of bricks but many adult fans and the brick event displays dwarf my hoard!  I was lucky enough to get thousands and thousands of bulk basic bricks to help with this Star Wars project though.

Hopefully, they will keep me working, and I'll try to get some of my own ideas in there too!  I was just lucky to get some slop from the overworked team at Paganomation!  Thanks so much for your comment btw, we're coming at this from different angles, but your work for LEGO has also just been amazing!  And thanks again to everyone here!!
mini/smile
garrett

May I ask how old you are? The voices sound a little young for a video as amazing as this mini/smile very impressive. Congrats.

EDIT: Wait so HOW did you get all of those sets?

Last edited by eoh49 (July 30, 2010 (04:47pm))

Yoder, Lego supplied the audio.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

Ok I must be missing something? Where did he get the lego? Why did LEGO decide to give him audio to make this video?

Because he won a contest a while back that Lego made.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png