Topic: LEGO fist fight

Directory Link

LEGO fist fight

Link Name

This is a LEGO animation where I try to follow xxxfancypantsxxx's tips. It turned out fine, but it's a bit blurry and shaky since I could not find my tripod. Enjoy!

Re: LEGO fist fight

it's ok but you need a new camera like me im saving up for the logitech quickcam pro 9000 you should too

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Chuppa/Signatures/sig1.png

Thanks! I know I need a new camera, but it's SOOOOO pricy for me. I'm 13 seriouslly! I really don't know if I should invest in a camera or in more LEGO. I started collecting LEGO 3 years ago, you other guys 7-10years ago.

I'm 13 too and I bought a Quickcam Pro 9000

I mean I can't save it up just like that, from week money. After all I live in Norway, and I'm not sure but I think it costs 1000kr. And I get 50kr a week. I might ask for it for my birthday. It's coming soon. (that's acctually when I turn 13)

i saving up for one too i have my birthday soon and should get money for it then

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Chuppa/Signatures/sig1.png

I know! mini/bigsmile You told me the same thing on youtube LOL! mini/bigsmile

Camera movements and animation wasn't bad, but it came off like more of a test than a film... a lot of the camera movements were unnecessary and somewhat distracting. Pacing and sound effects need work. Not bad at all, though... with a little more practice and a camera with manual focus, you should be in good shape.

With all due respect Noodle, I don't want you here. - Ratboy Productions

Thanks! It was a test. Using easing in and out. Do you know how I can get proper sound effects for free (DON'T say findsounds.com)? I mean like those that fancypants has, and Keshen aswell and ZackMG and so on and so on... I admit I got a little carried away with those Matrix-like effects. Was the pacing too slow or too fast? I bet too slow.

Camera as everyone else said.  I also noticed the shadow of your hand in a few frames.

-

Last edited by Lucas (September 1, 2021 (10:23am))

Goliathan wrote:

Camera as everyone else said.  I also noticed the shadow of your hand in a few frames.

Yes I agree. And my hand shadow appeared because my proper lamp I use for animation broke. I had Only one big lamp and one nightlamp and I couldn't move them so I got my hand shadow in the frames. Wish I had found my tripod when I was animating this, but since I'm an Idiot it was right under my nose, and I found it a second after I finished animating LOL!

LuckeMasse wrote:

I was 12 when I got mine.

You mean Quickcam9000? You probablly didn't read the above comments. I don't know if I should invest in Lego or in a camera. That's my prob. I have not been collecting for that long.

1) If it was a test, it should have been posted in the WIPs and Tests forum, not here. Tests aren't eligible for the directory.
2) If you've got a decent microphone, make your own sound effects. I'm pretty sure that's what Keshen did for this film. You get exactly the sound you want that way, and you can't get any more realistic (and cheap) than that. mini/wink
3) I think the speed of the Matrix effects was fine, they just weren't used well. There were too many of them, and it really disrupted the pacing of the scene.

With all due respect Noodle, I don't want you here. - Ratboy Productions

Noodle wrote:

1) If it was a test, it should have been posted in the WIPs and Tests forum, not here. Tests aren't eligible for the directory.
2) If you've got a decent microphone, make your own sound effects. I'm pretty sure that's what Keshen did for this film. You get exactly the sound you want that way, and you can't get any more realistic (and cheap) than that. mini/wink
3) I think the speed of the Matrix effects was fine, they just weren't used well. There were too many of them, and it really disrupted the pacing of the scene.

It was both a film and a test. Basiclly I was thinking of making more after some time. I now started with LEGO WW2, so I won't Make more fist fights for some time. Thanks for the tips! So next time make the fight a little more alive and remove some matrix effects! Also do you mean I should do my effects with my mouth LOL? My microphone is some high quality built into my laptop, so I will probablly be able to do as you said, but can you give some idea how i can make that fading effect? Anything you can think of... that will make that sound? If you do please reply!

Thanks for all the tips! I'll keep them in mind next time I animate! mini/smile

-

Last edited by Lucas (September 1, 2021 (10:21am))

LuckeMasse wrote:
raicho20 wrote:
LuckeMasse wrote:

I was 12 when I got mine.

You mean Quickcam9000? You probablly didn't read the above comments. I don't know if I should invest in Lego or in a camera. That's my prob. I have not been collecting for that long.

Yeah I mean the camera. But you should try to get LEGO and then a good camera.

I also think that's smarter. I think that if I follow the list of LEGO I want to buy that isn't that big, I'll manege to get a camera too. It would be nice if I do.

magisterps3 wrote:

Hi, nice film, you need a new camera though. A little shaky, and proper lighting is required. Kepp working on your animation and make sure it is smooth. Camera angles were good. I rate this 7/10. Very good.

Thanks! It's a good rating! It was shaky mainlly cause I lost my tripod and filmed this on freehand. Glad you liked the angels! Also about lighting: Well my lamp broke, and I have to fix it, but I know it needed better lighting, without flickering! Thanks for your feedback! mini/smile