Topic: Knucklehead

Directory Link

Knucklehead

YouTube

This is a music video for a song by Fight Like Apes. I originally started the project because (a) I wanted to practise facial animation and (b) I wanted to animate a choir of rock monsters. I have achieved both of those aims.

It kind of grew out of control while I was making it and I'm not sure the "story" makes a whole lot of sense.

Update
This is how I roll

Re: Knucklehead

Nice, this is the first film you've posted in almost a year, ain't it?

AWWW BABY BABY BABY!
Tried to post a comment twice on YouTube but it doesn't seem to be letting me...
I thought this was great, man. Really awesome facial animation too!

Haha, nice!

That was the best random brickfilm I've seen.
Very well made. Not a fan of the song though. mini/sad

Last edited by bloogyo (March 26, 2010 (03:46pm))

Keshen wrote:

AWWW BABY BABY BABY!
Tried to post a comment twice on YouTube but it doesn't seem to be letting me...
I thought this was great, man. Really awesome facial animation too!

Cheers, dude. Even after a day synching all those mouth shapes up, the miners still made me laugh. Some quality voice work right there.

Sooooooo cool, I am surprised by the cinematography

http://www.bricksinmotion.com/sig.png
Brick by Brick is the man

The set was great. The animation was very good. I loved the rock monster chorus.

5/5. I loved it, and it was 1000x better than what I could do, maybe even more.

Very nice job with the facial animation. It's good to see you making films again.

Website YouTube Twitter
http://i45.tinypic.com/2mruqon.jpg
Check out my live action directing debut, The Day That Never Comes

My god that was awesome. The rock monster choir was hilarious and the face animation was fantastic! Great work 0ldScratch, I loved every part of that. mini/smile

NXTManiac

https://i.imgur.com/IRCtQGu.jpg

Haha, that was great. I laughed when I saw the choir of Rock Monsters. It was pretty hilarious. mini/lol

-JK

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

I just love this, magic, that you make. mini/smile

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

This is one of few brickfilms that inexplicably puts a smile on my face. I love it, absolutely LOVE it. This, this is what happiness is made of. The set design was impressive, as was the mouth animation and the stop motion. Well done, sir, you have made me fall in love once again with a leggo muuvie.

mini/love

Last edited by Bricklord (March 27, 2010 (01:17pm))

I've decided that I'm going to become immune to several select, non-lethal poisons, then put them in my snacks to discourage sneaky snack snatchers. -Littlebrick

deviantART | YouTube

I really enjoyed this film.

One of my new favorite brickfilms. So many great moments.

Make more more often.

Even though I loved the animation, the set, and the funniness of the miners, I still didn't make it more then halfway through the film. That is because I HATE this song, I'm gonna go watch this again (with the sound muted)

Don't be fooled, my avatar is a facade of conformity.

This has became one of my favorite brickfilm of 2010. It was great how you animated the Rock Monsters singing and of course the facial animation on the women miner. Probably the only thing I didn't like was the song itself. It was a bit irritating but other than that, really good film.

Bricklord wrote:

Well done, sir, you have made me fall in love once again with a leggo muuvie.:

Absolutely true.
This film gave me that same 'wow factor' that was forgotten from ages ago.
I still go on YouTube when I get a spare moment and look for films, but this... mini/eek

May this film inspire and spark creativity.

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG

-

Last edited by Lucas (September 1, 2021 (10:09am))

I'll always fall for singing rock monsters! mini/bigsmile And say what you will about the song, it was funny. Not to mention the miner's desperate escape.