Re: The Video Game Discussion Topic!

Frankly, it looks slightly uncomfortable, like the Wiimote. But the Wii U's graphic quality and gameplay possiblities make up for it. My jaw dropped when Arkam City and Assassin's Creed were announced. And, apparrently, you don't have to buy a new console. That's a nice bonus!

FUUUUU

That controller has to be the best thing I've ever seen in gaming since the wii! That's on the top of my list naow. mini/cat

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Oh. My. GAWD.

They just announced a new Smash Bros. game on the Wii U.

My life's complete.

I mean it this time.

Formerly "brickflix"

I am a nonfilming user...for now.

Cool but Im not impressed. I heard that the new wii was suppose to cater to the hardcore gamers. How am I supposed to play shooters and games of the like on this thing?

Stoppedmotion wrote:

Cool but Im not impressed. I heard that the new wii was suppose to cater to the hardcore gamers. How am I supposed to play shooters and games of the like on this thing?

How aren't you supposed to play shooters and games of the like on this thing? It has 2 analog sticks. It works as a regular controller.

Squash wrote:

What would they apologize for? IGN gave it an 8.5 rating. That's pretty good.

olol IGN

Wow. I'm super hyped. The trailer was amazing especially that bit at the end. Also, that Zelda concert was incredible. mini/bigsmile

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

At least they did not call it "Wii 2" It would be pretty uncomfortable talking about it in japanese.

Last edited by WelcomeToAwesomeness (June 7, 2011 (11:29pm))

bricksinmotion member of the year

Timothy R wrote:
Squash wrote:

What would they apologize for? IGN gave it an 8.5 rating. That's pretty good.

olol IGN

Heheh, I've seen your comparison posts for IGN's ratings. Brink 6.5 - and what was the name of the game involving babies? 8.5, anyway.

The greatest thing I wanted to see though... Thank you.

I don't make Brickfilms. I trade virtual hats.

I honestly don't have any problem with IGN's reviews. Obviously they won't give a game aimed at young children a low score based solely on the fact that most gamers aren't young children. I know a lot of people dislike their ratings, but they seem fine to me, for the most part. Regardless, Gamespot gave Other M the same score, and I've spoken to people who enjoyed it. The biggest complaint I've heard about it was the whole issue about whether it was sexist or not. I've seen nothing on the level of people thinking Nintendo should somehow find time at the biggest game conference of the year to apologize for it.

Anyway, I'm glad to see Nintendo is starting back into hardcore gaming, and seems to have updated the specs on their new system. Luigi's Mansion for DS piqued my interest; I was a big fan of the original.

If there's anything that stuck out to me as being worth complaining about with the WiiU, it would be the ridiculously uncreative name.

At least it isn't as uncreative as PlayStation 2. mini/tongue

http://i.imgur.com/VEx1h.png

And what a derp, Nintendo. (Naughty language, be warned): http://i.imgur.com/iZOse.jpg

I was keen to hear about the Wii U, but after seeing the controller I'm not all that interested.

http://1876.voxcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/wii-u-ofc-1.jpg
It almost seems like a joke - that thing is probably the most impractical, uncomfortable piece of trash I've seen. It's cool that Nintendo like's doing something new with every console they do now, but that looks awful.

The mock-up image IGN released like 2-3 months ago actually looked decent, especially compared with the turd nintendo intend to sell.

I'm surprised they stuck with the Wii name as well. It might seem like it would make sense to capitalise on the brand recognition of the Wii, but only like 1 in 10 Wii owners play it regularly, the other 9 bought it 3-4 years ago when it was new and cool, and have let it sit gathering dust ever since they got bored of Wii Sport.

All of the older consumers that are in their late 30s to 50s aren't going to bother buying a WiiU, since they already have a Wii they never player. But then if Nintendo aren't targeting that market, why did they keep a dumbass name like Wii? Why not start a new slate with all the hardcore nintendo fans they screwed over with the Wii?

phantom wrote:

Oh. My. GAWD.

They just announced a new Smash Bros. game on the Wii U.

My life's complete.

I mean it this time.

You shouldn't be all that shocked by that. Stand back, I'm gonna drop a major information bomb. Nintendo will release reiterations of every major Mario game on the wii u, including zelda and metroid games. And they'll probably announce some new mario IP at some point, Mario Universe or something.

People are still going to buy it though Riley. You know that.

I don't think the controller looks that bad. It's not the size of an iPad or something. As long as it's light-weight (Which the press has said so), I can see getting used to this quickly. Just like the Xbox 360 controller, a bulky piece of crap but I got used to it.

Timothy R wrote:

People are still going to buy it though Riley. You know that.

Would have believed that 12 months ago. After the 3DS launch, I'm not so sure people are as willing to buy whatever Nintendo makes anymore. I'm interest in finding out what the price is though. I wouldn't be all that surprised if the Wii U is the catalyst to Nintendo's fall from grace as well.

I think it's strange that we've barely caught a glimpse of the console itself. At first I thought the new controller was just another peripheral for the Wii, when actually:
http://www.crunchgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/wii-u-console.jpg

I'll wait to see the price before putting it on my Christmas/birthday list.

EDIT: After watching some demo videos I've realised that this is actually a lot like the DS. You've got two screens, one on top of the other, and the bottom one is a touch screen.

Last edited by Hazzat (June 8, 2011 (05:25am))

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Honestly, I kinda like it. Its fairly innovative, yet is a slight throwback to traditional gaming. It looks a little uncomfortable, but I thought the DS would be uncomfortable to hold (and its not). But I dont think I'll buy it just yet - since the Wii still has some replay value.

Riley wrote:

After the 3DS launch, I'm not so sure people are as willing to buy whatever Nintendo makes anymore.

From what I have seen, the 3DS has been well received. The only problem I have heard is that the battery life isn't long enough - but I'm sure that Nintendo will release a 3DS Lite or something.

Last edited by Max Butcher (June 8, 2011 (06:29am))

YouTube
Max, She/They

Max Butcher wrote:
Riley wrote:

After the 3DS launch, I'm not so sure people are as willing to buy whatever Nintendo makes anymore.

From what I have seen, the 3DS has been well received. The only problem I have heard is that the battery life isn't long enough - but I'm sure that Nintendo will release a 3DS Lite or something.

I'm not referring to any of the reviews, and all I have heard about it is good, but the sales are nowhere near what Nintendo expected. I think Kotaku or Joystiq ran a story about how poorly the 3DS launch had performed, particularly in Australia and New Zealand. The 3DS has completely tanked here, it's hard to find anyone who owns one or even cares about it at all.

I don't understand...

Why have a screen on the controller? Does it hook up to a tv too?

Wow. The Zelda gameplay video looks outstanding. I mean, the gameplay graphics are better than any cg scene I've seen on any console before, which is fantastic. And the battle mii thing looks fun.