Topic: Miracle At Mount Anna!

This is my newest relese:

[Release] Miracle At Mount Anna
see it here: http://www.brickfilms.co.nr/ (my website)
Please tell me what you think of it!

Last edited by JL (January 12, 2009 (08:30pm))

Current Productions: Coast Attack
Visit JL Productions for more films and cool brickfilming stuff at www.brickfilms.co.nr

Re: Miracle At Mount Anna!

To start with the good stuff: I really, really like the way you used bricks for special effects like gunfire and blood. If you don't mind, I'll keep those in mind for whenever I decide to make an aggresive movie. I can also appreciate the effort you made in creating a set and backdrop for the main battle with limited means.

But I can also see room for improvement. For starters: your editing. It takes almost 50 seconds before the actual animation begins, and there is a lot of black between some shots. Easy to remedy! More difficult though, is the quality of your animation. It's quite jerky at times, and, noticeably most in the beginning, the minifigs walk without moving their legs! (You could attribute that to:
   a) working on a slippery surface instead of groundplate with nubbles (nobblies? knobs? puckels? whatev.), and
   b) a nice integration with the toy soldiers, stylewise
and get away with it) but still, I'd focus on that for your next film. If you have access to computer and a webcam (I'm assuming you just used a digital camera), you should look into framegrabbing software with onionskinning. That'll help a lot! (It did for me, anyway). See the appriopriate thread on this board for tips on (free) sofware. As for walking on a smooth surface, a little blue-tac (blu-tak? blue-tack? you know what I mean) will work wonders to temporarily stick your minifigs to the surface.

Some other, imho very minor, issues: the story isn't terribly original, and your voiceactor (you?) sounded a little too young. (I sympathise, I have no (one with a) decent voice/accent, too)

But still, I thought there were enough original elements to make it a worthwhile movie. Do keep up the originality and keep working on your animation.

-PG

Last edited by papaguru (January 13, 2009 (10:37am))

Version 1 of the the screenplay for episode 2 of The Stunt is finishised, and I really, really] await your critique!

Re: Miracle At Mount Anna!

Thanks for your advice! I use a webcam but it doesn't have very good resolution. I have a mini tripod and use the software monkeyjam but for that I used FrameByFrame on my mac. Until now I haven't had a very good microphone. I used to use my mac's built in one (Iused it for that movie to) but a few days ago I bought a rocketfish microphone I am currently working on my next movie, Coast Attack, And it is my first movie using monkeyjam, my PC (which by the way increases my webcam's quality) and the michrophone. I have also improved my animation tehcneaqces so expect it to be a lot better! I will have it up at my website (www.brickfilms.co.nr) and my youtube account (www.youtube.com/JLProductions5) in a few days. Thanks Again.

Current Productions: Coast Attack
Visit JL Productions for more films and cool brickfilming stuff at www.brickfilms.co.nr