Re: When looking for a new webcam.

fib12345 wrote:

The QCP9k's Resolution is 2MP.

It's actually not. The QCP9k resolution is 1600x1200p. Which can be said to be 2MP. But that is just a rounded up number of the total pixel count. It is actually less than 2MP (2 Million Pixels) witch is Full HD.
In order for it to actually be 2MP Full HD it has to have around 1920x1080p. It's a good starting camera for brickfilming, But if you want to have actual Full HD you should upgrade/get the Logitech C920 Pro.
It isn't that much more expensive, than the QCP9k and can take photos up to 15MP! and can record in Full HD.

wat*

I have the "QCP9k", and the highest I can get it is 1280x720, which is HD (and the resolution I use).

(*=intentional mispelling)

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

minifig051 wrote:

wat*

I have the "QCP9k", and the highest I can get it is 1280x720, which is HD (and the resolution I use).

(*=intentional mispelling)

Uhh, I shoot at 1600x900 so I think you've messed up a setting somewhere.

"every day I feel more pleased that sigging isn't a thing anymore" - Squash
YOUTUBE | Will voice act, ping me in the discord.
03:52    Smeagol    I should send girls turds in a box
01:28    Smeagol    That signature leaves me wondering if I should be sending more girls more turds in boxes than I presently am

Again, I say; wat

I checked one of the exported videos I shot using the webcam, and it's 1280x720 all right.
By the way, I use the frame capture software Stop Motion Pro (version Action! HD).  It has 1280x720 as an option on the capture settings.  That's the only way I was able to get that resolution (the webcam software lets me go up to only 1600x1200). EDIT: No, it does. The "Large" option in the size settings of the webcam software is 1280x720.

Last edited by minifig051 (December 30, 2012 (01:30pm))

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

Ok, Im looking for new webcam, beacuse my old is not good to do anything. Lot of gain, big light flickers, not true colours.

I'm intersted only webcams in Poland, but lot of webcam models are available on whole world.
I want good quality images, especially for green/blue screen beacause i don't have enough bricks to build all buildings, vehicles etc.

I give you a link to polish auctions website, something like ebay.
I want webcam in price to 100zł (PLN).
So, please go there, sort price, and if you have any of those models in this price and it's good, please show me some images and video, beacuse it's very hard to find a shop in my city where they can test webcams.

Ok it's a link to the webcams category:
(First few pages are showed promoted products, but on the next pages offers are continued.

http://allegro.pl/listing.php/showcat?i … C%C2%A0%3E
And instruction where you can sort the price:
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-pihQqJrbZrg/UD1LJBMfz3I/AAAAAAAAECo/eOhGRMsbrdE/s800/allegro_eng.png

You can also give me links to amazon or other stores besides Poland. Price to 30$.

EDIT:
Is the Logitech C170 a good webcam for brickfilming? Any experiences?]

Last edited by Adalbertus (August 31, 2012 (06:15pm))

Hi everyone, I'm having a bit of trouble deciding which of these three cameras to buy for brick animating -

The Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000 (£43),
the Logitech Webcam Pro 9000 (£39.99),
or the Logitech C615 HD (£34.66).

I can't seem to find any difference between the QC & WC Pro 9000s, but the C615 HD does seem to be significantly better on paper.

Could anyone make a recommendation?

Thanks.

I don't really know anything about the C615, but if the quality is better, and it has complete manual control, I'd definitely recommend it. Right now I'm going to go look it up though.

Edit: Okay, first of all the Quickcam Pro and the Webcam Pro are, in fact, the same thing. mini/tongue Just one is pricier. For the C615, it looks like it has full manual settings just like the 9000, so it would work just fine for brickfilming. And 34 pounds ($55) looks like a pretty good price for it too. mini/wink

Edit2: Well, I was just looking at a Logitech Webcam compare, and it looks like the C615 is the best if you want a Mac-compatible camera (it's actually the only Man-compatible one), but if you use a PC the Logitech C920 looks like a better choice, for not much more money. Here's a comparison between the C615 and the C920: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/34/&v … 8&A9=9

Hope this helps!

Last edited by Mighty Wanderer (September 3, 2012 (08:30am))

That's fantastic, thank you very much for the advice! mini/smile

Hey guys mini/smile
I've been having a lot of trouble with my Logitech QCP9000 for the past year* but now I can't even use it...
Are there any webcams by Microsoft you could recommend?
The reason I'm looking for a Microsoft webcam is because I thought it would be more compatible with my PC (since it's a Windows) 
*For more info about the cam problem itself, I put up a thread for it a while ago, linky

I use the logitech c920 with Windows 7 (regular 64bit), and haven't had any problems with it so far. I don't know about Microsoft webcams, but I would say that logitech cams work fine with Windows (based off mine).
.99 cents mini/wink

http://bricksafe.com/files/Legoguy501/BiM%20Signature.png
2nd place Darkness and Light entry: The Tree
Behind the Scenes

I had a Microsoft live cam Studio. Which was pretty good because it had a tripod mount, did 1080p and produced very detailed images. Although I will mention that I did suffer some flicker problems, but that could of been due to my set-up.

I used the studio until it broke with a problem similar to the one of your QC9000! So don't think your problem just occurs to Logitech cameras!!! mini/tongue

I now use the Logitech webcam c920 which I personally prefer much more to the Livecam Studio. Also I find it unlikely that Microsoft camera are any more 'compatible' with Windows then Logitech's mini/smile

Boats Animator
Free stop motion software with 1080p support!
YouTubeBrickfilms WikiBoats Animator

Thanks guys for replying! mini/smile
Maybe I'll be able to get some money to buy the Logitech c920. mini/sunnies

Hi all, I could do with some help finding a webcam to use with iStopmotion. Obviously it needs to be Mac compatible. So far I've found the C910 and C920s, which are fairly expensive (around £60-£70) and the C615, which is much cheaper (cheapest I've found is £25). I'm reluctant to spend anything over £50 for a webcam unless it's definitely going to be worth it. Could someone recommend which webcam to go for, or suggest a completely different one? Thanks.

EDIT- I've also found Quickcam Pro 9000s for £25, which seems a good price. Would this be any better?

Last edited by Jayem (December 30, 2012 (10:56am))

Get the c920, I have it with iStopmotion, and it's really great. In respects of actually controlling manual features, it's your lucky day: http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/to … ion-again/ - Just follow the link in the post, have $7 at the ready, and download 'Webcam Settings' from the Mac App Store.

Thanks, I've just bought that app and it looks like it'll be very useful.
However, I think the C920 is a bit too expensive for me. How much worse would the C615 be do you think?

I use an aGENT v6 webcam
http://www.liquiddigital.com.au

Pros
It's manual focus is AMAZING
Only about $100
Goes on any tripod
Fits in tight places

Cons
No manual exposure or white balance

check out my test footage with it using istopmotion on my mac
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a8bkeVyy44

Catchermakings wrote:

I use an aGENT v6 webcam
http://www.liquiddigital.com.au

Pros
It's manual focus is AMAZING
Only about $100
Goes on any tripod
Fits in tight places

Cons
No manual exposure or white balance

check out my test footage with it using istopmotion on my mac
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a8bkeVyy44

Thank you very much for the detailed response. I've used the Agent V5 in my school's art department, and it is very impressive. Unfortunately it's just too expensive for me. But I'll bear that in mind for the future if I suddenly have a larger budget.

Stick with Logitech, go either c910 or c615, which both look like very decent cameras (both can do 1080p etc). One issue to think about is, the c615 is a more obscure, less-known about webcam, so I don't know if Webcam Settings will offer all of the manual feature as with the c910 or c920 (but it should). I'd personally go for the c910.

Thanks. The webcam settings site says that it does offer the same controls as the C910 and 20 so I'm just gonna go for it. Also one of the THAC X videos was made using it, and the quality seemed fine so that's an assurance.

Okay, good luck!