Topic: City of Dissidence unfinished.

School can do this to you. I didn't really like the terrible dialouge and such, so I stopped production. I always have wanted to do a music video and up until now, I can't wait much longer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS1Tdz2NZv8&fmt=18

Re: City of Dissidence unfinished.

1) At :45 you mix fleshies with yellows.                               - 5 shiny things.
2) The youtube title is "LOL MY UNFINISHED STUFFLES."       - 5 shiny things.
3) It's not a bad unfinished project.                                   + 5 shiny things.
4) Quitter!                                                                        - 5 shiny things.

Overall, nice work.   mini/smile

- Leo

Last edited by Leonardo812 (January 8, 2009 (06:21pm))

You owe Leo 15 shiny things.

Nothing wrong with mixing "fleshies" with "yellows".
The minifig with the red bandanna, his torso looks like a black indiana jones torso, did you colour it or was it just the lighting?

Leonardo812 wrote:

1) At :45 you mix fleshies with yellows.

Actually, if you listen carefully, I think it's part of the plot.

It's a shame that you couldn't finish this. It was quite enjoyable.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

looks like a great film mini/bigsmile

Project Secret

At :45 you mix fleshies with yellows.     

Nothing wrong with this, We live in a world with different skin tones, why can't Lego minifigs.

OH WHY CAN'T WE JUST LEARN TO GET ALONG NO MATTER WHAT COLOUR OF OUR SKIN mini/lol mini/lol mini/lol mini/lol

Last edited by Si665 (January 9, 2009 (05:07am))

Leonardo812 wrote:

1) At :45 you mix fleshies with yellows.                               - 5 shiny things.

RACIST! mini/tongue

Life is like a box of LEGO, you never know what you're gonna build. - mrgraff

VN wrote:
Leonardo812 wrote:

RACIST! mini/tongue

Hey, hey.

There is a rule since the dawn of time that we the brickfilmers will never mix fleshes with yellows. Case dismissed. The court finds you guilty.

- Leo

Looks like Leonardo would prefer that the fleshies and yellows be kept separate but equal.

Anyway it seems pretty clear to me that the tan/yellow contrast was part of the story.  I thought this looked good technically, I agree with you that the voice acting is a little unpolished perhaps.  It's difficult to judge story really from 2 minutes of footage.  How long was this originally going to be?

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Next time skull brick, get voice actors!

My old YouTube is since long ago defunct - now even removed.
Here is my new one.

Nice. Animation was nice and I liked the cinematography. I think you should get some voice actors to voice though.

-Brain Wave

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/nomfee/Lego/fjpb_poster_.png
Click above to watch mini/bigsmile
Youtube Twitter

The only thing that annoyed me was the fact that you did all of the voices. I don't know if it was just because it was an unfinished project and all, but it would turn out a lot better if you got a variety of voices in there.

Other than that, all looked fine. I would've liked to see the final production.

The Heaven System
Watch it now!

Leonardo812 wrote:
VN wrote:
Leonardo812 wrote:

RACIST! mini/tongue

Hey, hey.

There is a rule since the dawn of time that we the brickfilmers will never mix fleshes with yellows. Case dismissed. The court finds you guilty.

- Leo

Does this rule also also apply to mixing the old "two-eyes-and-a-smile" faces end the new faces with beards, funny expressions, etc?

And, puristically, where do you stand on manipulating faces for, say, lip-synching? Is there a difference between changing actual faces vs. adding digital faces afterwards?

- PG

Version 1 of the the screenplay for episode 2 of The Stunt is finishised, and I really, really] await your critique!

papaguru wrote:

Does this rule also also apply to mixing the old "two-eyes-and-a-smile" faces end the new faces with beards, funny expressions, etc?

No way! That's fine.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Smeagol wrote:

How long was this originally going to be?

Probably around 10 minutes long.

Ouch

Hmm... The framing was really wack in some shots. It threw me off quite a bit.

Plus it is hard to tell who is saying what, they all have the same voice. And I thought you had to pay to distribute Freeplaymusic? Is this correct?

I though that there should have been more gore in the morgue as well. mini/tongue

On the nice side, the animation was groovy, and the neat story picks up right away. It's too bad this wasn't finished; I'm still wondering what happens! mini/wink

-Jimmybob

Move over Rover, let Jimi take over.
[email protected]

papaguru wrote:

And, puristically, where do you stand on manipulating faces for, say, lip-synching? Is there a difference between changing actual faces vs. adding digital faces afterwards?

- PG

[Laugh] No, no. I was completely joking about mixing the fleshies and yellows. I think it was actually part of the plot of the film.

And I do add digital faces to most of my characters.

- Leo

Leonardo812 wrote:

Fleshies were never around in the dawn of time. It's not even written in the Score, Vandesdelca.

YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
Darkness cannot be destroyed. It can only be channelled.