Topic: Into the heart of filmmaking! Do you want to be a Director?

Because I sure know I am going to be. Of course, like most of you, I am a brickfilmer as well. ^^ I started out doing it just about 8 months ago, and I love it!

So yeah, is there anyone else here working on becoming a real-life movie director? mini/smile

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/7904765754_a766f0e523.jpg
Into the darkness once more. I walk into the unknown. To a far better life than I've ever known.

Re: Into the heart of filmmaking! Do you want to be a Director?

Well, it would be pretty awesome working in the film industry, but I have so many other options that I could choose, because of my intelligence.

L0stInPie wrote:

Well, it would be pretty awesome working in the film industry, but I have so many other options that I could choose, because of my intelligence.

It would be awesome...and who says the people in the film industry aren't smart? I have many options as well, but what you want, and what you enjoy doing, is what matters.

Into the darkness once more. I walk into the unknown. To a far better life than I've ever known.

Yes, I'd love becoming a director. I'm studying film school at the moment and like everybody I want to make movies later, but it that doesn't work out, I'd also be happy to work for TV.

A friend of mine is going to start a new film company (His Channel) and I might work for him! I also think being a director would be TOTAL AWESOME SAUCE!!! mini/XD

Last edited by Peanut (November 17, 2009 (01:36pm))

I do not care about your opinion, unless it has to do with it needing more ponies.
||YouTube||BrickShelf||Vimeo|

Moviemaking is just my hobby and I highly doubt that I'll follow it through to a professional level. Besides, the media industry is notoriously hard to break in to.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Infurno wrote:

Yes, I'd love becoming a director. I'm studying film school at the moment and like everybody I want to make movies later, but it that doesn't work out, I'd also be happy to work for TV.

How is filmschool ? I might go in 2 years after I graduate.

Hazzat wrote:

Moviemaking is just my hobby and I highly doubt that I'll follow it through to a professional level. Besides, the media industry is notoriously hard to break in to.

Yes, it is very hard to get into the film industry. But then again, it isn't. There are thousands of directors who can say "I am officially a movie director". However, what is hard to do is to get noticed and known, and that is where the challenge begins. mini/smile

Infurno wrote:

This actually.

Sigh, how sad the story of my life when Infurno takes the words out of my mouth time and again. I'm mostly inclined to do fiction work, so not really multicam liveshows, or stuff. So, I wouldn't mind directing a good show on tv, I mean, as long as I'm doing something that's got to do with cinematographic qualities, sounds good.
Though, watching some things on Belgian tv today really got me into acting again - but y'never know if I wouldn't choose the Tarantino option and act as well. It's a bit unclear at the moment what it'll be - but creative stuff has always been my strong point and my main priority.

You can answer my question too WIllemse mini/tongue

Oh, sorry.

It's pretty sweet at the moment, the RITS. We've had some fun assignments and classes - although obviously, the opposite can be said as well. Both Infurno and me share the same opinion in that editing is our most interesting course, which it is, but not everything is as interesting every day. But, it's far from horrible, in fact, it's great. If I wouldn't be liking it, I'd be in the wrong school at the moment. mini/wink

Infurno and I were wondering if we shouldn't have went to BGM (image, sound, editing) instead, because our love for editing was getting unhealthy mini/XD - but yeah no.

Maybe I should do BGM, editing is my favourite part of the filmmaking.
I'm also doubting if I should go the RITS where you guys are, or NARAFI, also in Brussels

Last edited by Pillow (November 17, 2009 (02:35pm))

Well, what I've heard sounds pretty accurate - that the NARAFI gives more of a total packet, where at the RITS, you mostly specialize in one thing. Like the AK (Audiovisual arts) direction which I'm in, splits into four directions (film, tv, writing & documentary), of which I'll be choosing one in the end, that's the idea.

The Audiovisual Assistance option breeds assitants, obviously, and choosing BGM really makes you a technical guy - so while editing is one of the things I love doing most as well, it'd be too much to be really technical all of the time.

Apparently, the NARAFI does have a more general technical side, I've heard - but again, I can't quite make the comparison myself.

I've been filming stuff for longer than I can count, and making up stories longer than I can remember. Well, almost. My great-great-grandfather, I think, was a cinematographer, and I believe I've had several other ancestors in the film business. Most of my hobbies involve filmmaking in one way or another, and I love all of them. I'm taking a Basic Drawing class, and I hope to get into the animation program at BYU Provo, and take some classes on writing/screenplay.

So yeah, I'd like to be a director.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

Filmmaking is a hobby for me, and I'd like to keep it that way so I can try new things.

My grandmother used to work of Universal Studios. HHHHHMMMMM...

Awesomeonomy wrote:

Filmmaking is a hobby for me, and I'd like to keep it that way so I can try new things.

Yeah, it is good to try new things. mini/smile But it doesn't hurt to work towards a goal. mini/smile

I'm probably going to major in film and philosophy, and certainly want to start making films. Bard has a really nice film department from what I've seen; you get to know the professors and the environment is small enough as well. The people who teach here are pretty awesome.

Night Owl wrote:

I'm probably going to major in film and philosophy, and certainly want to start making films. Bard has a really nice film department from what I've seen; you get to know the professors and the environment is small enough as well. The people who teach here are pretty awesome.

I know you...aren't you that guy who made "The River"?

Yes he is. mini/smile

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''