Re: The Animation Challenge

Ah. Wish I could find someone to do the effects for me. Or actually, someone who can do it better. I can do good lightsaber effects, but it doesn't look as good as someone who uses Axogon or AE. And I can't do sparks or anything fun like that either. If anyone wants to do them for me, I'd appreciate it.

I've decided that I'm going to become immune to several select, non-lethal poisons, then put them in my snacks to discourage sneaky snack snatchers. -Littlebrick

deviantART | YouTube

I can make nice looking lightsabers in SonyVegas.

Go to my lightsaber test/duel in the 'WIPs and Tests' Forum and check it out.

Also give me feedback, quite a few people have viewed the forum but no one has even commented...

Thanks for the offer, but in this case I can do it better myself in LSmaker. I left feedback for you, btw.

I've decided that I'm going to become immune to several select, non-lethal poisons, then put them in my snacks to discourage sneaky snack snatchers. -Littlebrick

deviantART | YouTube

Okay you guys, I have a proposition.  How would everyone feel if we moved the deadline to December 31st?  I just know that for me personally, the next couple weeks are quite busy, and I wouldn't be able to do a satisfactory job on mine.  So are we all cool with extending to the 31st?

I'm cool with that. That would definitely be convenient for me, I need more time as well.

deviantART | YouTube

The more time the better IMO.

Yeah that would be great as I need more time also.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/nomfee/Lego/fjpb_poster_.png
Click above to watch mini/bigsmile
Youtube Twitter

Alright, the 31st it is then.

this sounds like a great contest.
I might join.

Fancypants wrote:

Alright, the 31st it is then.

Awesome! That would work great for me! mini/bigsmile

Why I noticed this just now?!?...I could make something quick, but at least well done, since there are only 16 days left...

Maybe push back the date a little more. mini/lol

Just a couple of shots to go for me mini/smile! Though I might have to re do some D:.

Youtube Twitter

NewRight wrote:

Maybe push back the date a little more. mini/lol

right, because I have guests now and 'till the 2nd of january (right for THAC) I can't animate animore...right now, I filmed 30/40 seconds, which isn't that much...

Good to see people are still doing this.  For awhile there I thought it was going to be just me and Bricklord.  mini/smile

We can change the deadline if you want, since I know most people aren't going to finish in time, and then there's THAC right after.  So how much do you want?  Two, three weeks?  Let me know.  As for me I'm going to try to get it finished by the 31st.

I'm going to try and get all the animation done before Christmas, and try to get the SFX + Editing finished before the 31st, though this might be a tight squeeze as I need to get ready for THAC, and tied up with family etc. Though my film isn't going to be anything spectacular mini/tongue. Looking forward to everyone else's films though mini/bigsmile !

Btw, Filmyguy are you still making a film for this?

Last edited by Brain Wave (December 22, 2009 (02:46pm))

Youtube Twitter

I hate to admit it, but I need more time. It took me much longer than I expected to make up my mind on the theme of my duel, create the characters, build the set, and just all around buckle down and get to it. I need at least 2 weeks, so if it's agreeable to all of you I would like to extend the deadline a little.

deviantART | YouTube

Bearing in mind that THAC is also soon. mini/wink

Sounds cool. I would attempt it except the fact that I don't know to how to make the lightsabers glow. I lost most of them anyway...

If you extended the deadline I'd try out mini/cat