Topic: THAC 6 - Abduction 3

This is my entry for THAC 6, the third Abduction film. It's just as random if not more so than the previous, but I think I fit the theme in slightly better this time. I finished in about 22 hours, which is the longest time I've spent on a THAC film yet.

High Quality H.264 1280x544 40MB
Submitted Version RM 640x272 5.29MB
Youtube
Film Page

-Nick

Last edited by Nick Durron (January 4, 2009 (10:10pm))

Re: THAC 6 - Abduction 3

That was nice. The cinematography was good, though I have to admit that the color tint in the spaceship reminded me of Battlefield Earth. mini/tongue I think the beginning of the film stands out; you got a genuinely creepy atmosphere for a while.

That was sick....Good Luck.. ! mini/bigsmile mini/eek

Amazing. Your animation look a tiny bit rushed though it's made in less than 24 hours. Great job, wouldn't surprise me if this won.

My old YouTube is since long ago defunct - now even removed.
Here is my new one.

Must...see...MORE!

Amazing! In 22 hours!?

I'm BACK! mini/bigsmile

The mood created during the opening sequence was terrific but I was shocked at the fact that this mood did not carry on through to the rest of the film. Instead, humour is used ineffectively to try and wrap up the film. That said, the ending was still quite intriguing and could be open for another film? Technically the film is as impressive as any other film of Nick Durron even though it was made in only 24 hours but the story was lacking a plot.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/COTB/FunkyJunk/RUMBLE/mg.jpg

That was great! Animation and cinematography were very nice.

-Brain wave

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/nomfee/Lego/fjpb_poster_.png
Click above to watch mini/bigsmile
Youtube Twitter

And I guess the next Abduction film will involve Tony and Toby warning the U.S. government about aliens invading earth and solders are sent out across the country to protect humanity.

Very good Nick! I agree with Night Owl, great cinematography, the music was good as well. I could feel the alien atmosphere in the spaceship, the lighting really helped with that.  There were some animation jerks but for 22 hours, this was fantastic. I can tell this will do well in the contest. mini/smile

NXTManiac

https://i.imgur.com/IRCtQGu.jpg

The best of the series! Everything was pulled off very well, a definite winner. mini/smile

Life is like a box of LEGO, you never know what you're gonna build. - mrgraff

I love this series. Great film Nick! Terrific cinematography,nice score, and great lighting and animation!

Thanks for the comments everyone. mini/smile

Night Owl wrote:

I have to admit that the color tint in the spaceship reminded me of Battlefield Earth. mini/tongue

LOL, it does look a bit like that.

Matt Gillan wrote:

The mood created during the opening sequence was terrific but I was shocked at the fact that this mood did not carry on through to the rest of the film. Instead, humour is used ineffectively to try and wrap up the film. That said, the ending was still quite intriguing and could be open for another film? Technically the film is as impressive as any other film of Nick Durron even though it was made in only 24 hours but the story was lacking a plot.

I completely agree that the mood shift wasn't very good, but I didn't have nearly enough time to make everything happen the way I really would have liked. Same with the ending, though I should say that these films are meant to all be together, so each "ending" is just a convenient stopping point.

krakovibrick man wrote:

And I guess the next Abduction film will involve Tony and Toby warning the U.S. government about aliens invading earth and solders are sent out across the country to protect humanity.

Interesting. I had something else in mind, but it depends on whether I decide to continue to the series or not. Sometime I'd like to make a longer alien invasion film.

I liked it, it took me a moment to figure out the sudden shift but it made sense once I realized it took place directly after Abduction 2.  Still, the shift in atmosphere and change of characters is a bit jarring, but I felt the technical aspects and lighting throughout were pretty creative, even if the footage on the ship looked similar to Abduction 2.

-Sméagol

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Wow that was great, I'll have to go back and watch 1 & 2. The lighting/sound and the big spaceship were tip-top.

Check out "The Bulls New Caravan" my THAC 6 entry or visit the Bodville website.

Absolutely brilliant! Loved it! Encore! Bravo!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein