Topic: Rig Removal Software for Mac?

Hi Everyone, I'm new here. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good software for Rig removal. I have been testing out DragonFrame as my animation software, but it doesn't have the rig removal feature so I'm not sure whether to invest in it
Or not. But if I do decide to go the Dragonframe route, does anyone know of a free or inexpensive software I could use to remove rigs from my stop motions?

Thanks & have a Blessed day! mini/smile

"Matthew 24 is knocking at the door"

Animation / Procrastination

Re: Rig Removal Software for Mac?

There is an app called stop motion studio pro on the mac or the iPhone that has it. I think it's like 5usd or something around that.

BricksandBricks wrote:

There is an app called stop motion studio pro on the mac or the iPhone that has it. I think it's like 5usd or something around that.

Thanks for the reply. I have tried Stop Motion Studio on my MacBook, but to be honest it gave me nothing but problems, I'm not sure why though, as I have heard it works for others. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Stoat Productions wrote:
BricksandBricks wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I have tried Stop Motion Studio on my MacBook, but to be honest it gave me nothing but problems, I'm not sure why though, as I have heard it works for others. Thanks for the suggestion though!

I've heard premiere pro works for masking and after effects but it is a bit expensive. There are a couple free software like gimp that work for masking but I have never tried it before.

I use GIMP for all of my rig removal. GIMP is an image manipulation program so you have to mask every frame individually but it works great. Rioforce has a good tutorial on how to do so on his youtube channel. I bet there are others too.

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b
"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

2x4 studios wrote:

I use GIMP for all of my rig removal. GIMP is an image manipulation program so you have to mask every frame individually but it works great. Rioforce has a good tutorial on how to do so on his youtube channel. I bet there are others too.

Thanks! I did decide to buy Dragonframe, and have started using GIMP as my rig removal software. So far so good! Thanks for the reply!