Topic: Princess Storm

Princess Storm

Watch Now: YouTube
Released: June 12, 2021
Content Advisory: mild violence, no language, no sexual content

Escaping from royalty, Princess Storm fights with her own mind and the enemy kingdom to truly learn what’s most important in her life.

-----
Behind the scenes video coming soon!

-----

A film 6 years in the making is finally complete. I've been working on "Princess Storm" since 2015... writing, animating, re-writing, re-animating... I had given up on ever finishing the film... until last year, I decided to give it my best shot. So here we are! My longest animation to date. I put a lot into this, and I'm really excited to share this with you.

Directory Link

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Re: Princess Storm

Bro... That's one fantastic film.
You did a amazing job slowly unfolding all the details of the story. While the animation, sets, and lighting, were all absolutely stunning, and worthy of high praise, I think the plot stood out as the most impressive part.

It's quite impressive. You should be proud.

Wow, that was a beautiful film. You paid so much attention to the lighting on all the shots, not just the ones with fire. Your animation style lends itself wonderfully to some of the slower dance scenes especially but all the scenes are amazingly well-animated. This is going to be one of the best brickfilms of the year and of all time.

You put a lot of effort in this, and it's paid off beautifully. Longer, more serious brickfilms aren't all too common, but this is a worthy addition to the category for sure. The look of the film is amazing - things like the colors, lighting, and choice of shot framing are all incredibly good by themselves but together they make for a very cohesive result. And those rainy shots really worked, some of the finest rain effects seen in brickfilming.

I like how you built up the narrative as well. At the start it feels like the king is a bad father but as the film progresses that perception really changes. It's not just the characters who are changing and growing, with each new scene and piece of information the audience's understanding of the characters grows and changes.

What else is there to say? This is a classic.

EDIT: Of course there is more to say! I do hope that for the behind-the-scenes you go into the writing and rewriting process. I'm really interested to hear how the script changed through the film, and whether you had to reshoot or re-edit any previously shot scenes to fit the final film.

Last edited by BertL (June 12, 2021 (04:07pm))

Helix Bricks Productions wrote:

Your animation style lends itself wonderfully to some of the slower dance scenes especially but all the scenes are amazingly well-animated.

Thank you so much!

BertL wrote:

I like how you built up the narrative as well. At the start it feels like the king is a bad father but as the film progresses that perception really changes. It's not just the characters who are changing and growing, with each new scene and piece of information the audience's understanding of the characters grows and changes.

Thank you, I'm so glad you felt that way. In an original draft, the king was basically the bad guy, but I realized that wasn't how I wanted to frame the story, so I made sure to progress it in a way that told all the perspectives of the story, and I'm really happy with how it came out. I'm glad it translated well to the audience! mini/smile

I've finished the Behind the Scenes video if anyone's interested in checking it out. I talk about the entire process, including the scriptwriting process and the production process.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Finally got to watching it, and WOW! That was a beautiful brickfilm. The lighting, the cinematography, the story telling, the animation, the music, the sound design, was all spot on. I really enjoyed it, and the bts was great! Now you can finish that Captain D. Rom film. mini/wink

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b
"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

I was not sure about the nonlinear telling of the story, but now that I think about it, it does add tension to the goings on.

At 9:50 in the behind the scenes is genius.

Great work on this! And after seeing that behind the scenes video I can see the blood, sweat, and tears over this project. You did an amazing job on this. Also, you got some skills with blender one of my favorite shots was CGI and I didn't even realize it was!

Absolutely a masterpiece!

Spoiler (click to read)

Also I think I was the 200th like.

YouTube | Brick-a-Brack | Vimeo

2 Timothy 3:16-17