Topic: Found my old legos

I remember trying to make a brickfilm when I was like 10, they were terrible. I loved doing it though.

I found my old legos and decided to try again, I'm using some LED strips for lighting and a Logitech Brio as the camera.

it turned out okay, either the LEDs or the Brio caused a bit of flickering between the images, but it was mostly meant to be a general movement test.

I had a lot of fun doing it, it's very short, but if anyone has any advice for things like lighting for settings for the Brio, I'd love to hear it

Oh, btw I was using the trial version of AnimaShooter for capturing the pictures

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwjufpvnRlQ

Re: Found my old legos

I have the Brio as well. I have had some success by turning the “exposure” down, plus no “gain”. I have quite heavy lighting.

I have Tahoma 2D for capturing.

Robukka wrote:

I have the Brio as well. I have had some success by turning the “exposure” down, plus no “gain”. I have quite heavy lighting.

I have Tahoma 2D for capturing.

How low do you set the exposure? If I set it too low I get horizontal black lines

JakeBocaj wrote:

How low do you set the exposure? If I set it too low I get horizontal black lines

Yep, those black lines from low exposure are called banding. The light flicker in your video was probably caused by the LED strips.

Robukka wrote:

...I have Tahoma 2D for capturing.

Same here. It's a great program.

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b
"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb