Topic: Seasons Change - LEGO Stop-Motion || THAC XVIII Entry

Seasons Change - LEGO Stop-Motion || THAC XVIII Entry

Watch Now: YouTube Link
Released: January 10, 2021
Content Advisory: no violence, no language, no sexual content

Hey everyone!

I hope you enjoy this brickfilm.  I made it for Bricks in Motion's THAC (Twenty-Four Hour Animation Contest).  You have to script, animate, edit, composite, and finish a film in just 24 hours.

Directory Link

Re: Seasons Change - LEGO Stop-Motion || THAC XVIII Entry

Ah! What a wonderfully told, albeit slightly sad, story of life's progression. You did a great job channeling the theme, and the opening shot of awesomeness instantly interested me and drew me in.

As always, the sets and lighting blow me away. Great job leveraging your strengths in those areas, even in THAC.
The lightening strike transition at 0:45 was really well done. Great choice.

I think the only thing that doesn't match is the dialog by the son. Finding a way to convey that wordlessly like the other actions, would have made that section smoother.

That was a very beautiful entry.  The keying isn't perfect but the film looks great otherwise.

This is one of my favorite entries.
I don't know how you made such a great set in 24 hours. (even if you started before the start it is still an amazing set)
You did a great job showing time passing.
Good luck!

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b
"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

Loved the lighting in this. Great job overall and the sound design added a great deal to the feels.

Great work. You captured a lot of emotion with each shot. Excellent set design as well.