Topic: Fishing for Squidman (White Expanse Test)

Decided to try a little test with an idea I had after reading through/watching one of Rsteenoven's tutorials on the White Expanse method. 

I've found that animating without studs for the minifigure(s) to stand on is quite a bit more difficult and I think that shows in my animation quality which is in my opinion worse than my run test.  Still gets the basic idea across... 

Anyway, once again, please include your comments and suggestions on what I can do to improve my technique!  Thanks!

YouTube

Re: Fishing for Squidman (White Expanse Test)

Animation was somewhat choppy, but you pulled the white expanse effect off very good! I also saw no light flickers or setbumps.

-Donsalvatore

New film:
In Pre-Production...]

Camera was a bit shaky and the animation could use some work (no studs is a pain, isn't it), but the white expanse itself was impressive.

quite a few bumps, but the white expanse was exelent. I wish mine were like it. mini/sad

bertl wrote:

Camera was a bit shaky

I don't think it was the camera. I think it was him bumping the minifig. The same thing happened to me when I first tried white expanse.

Sleuth5000 wrote:
bertl wrote:

Camera was a bit shaky

I don't think it was the camera. I think it was him bumping the minifig. The same thing happened to me when I first tried white expanse.

I think the shaking comes from the problem I mentioned with animating a figure without having studs for it to stick to.  All that kept the figure standing was a bit of sticky tac and every time I went to move the arms, head, etc. the minifig would move a slight bit and create the unsmooth shaky look of it.  Any ideas for easier animation on smooth surfaces?