Topic: The Truth Teller: Alexander McJones

Directory Link

The Truth Teller: Alexander McJones

YouTube

A crazed man warns us of hybrid humanoids.

Re: The Truth Teller: Alexander McJones

Hmm, facial animation is a tough thing to get perfect, but I think you're well on the way.

Like any aspect of animation, it's important to have enough frames that the motion appears smooth. Here, the mouth shapes were great, but there were not any transition frames. The mouth simply leap from one major shape to the next with no smoothness, no transition, and thus, no sense of motion.

The animation of the person himself was a snappy, quick, and energetic style that perfectly matched the kind of movement I'd expect from the audio. Quick, nervous, and a little bit strange. Perfect job.

I'm just not going to comment on the spoken dialog.

Re: The Truth Teller: Alexander McJones

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Hmm, facial animation is a tough thing to get perfect, but I think you're well on the way.

Like any aspect of animation, it's important to have enough frames that the motion appears smooth. Here, the mouth shapes were great, but there were not any transition frames. The mouth simply leap from one major shape to the next with no smoothness, no transition, and thus, no sense of motion.

The animation of the person himself was a snappy, quick, and energetic style that perfectly matched the kind of movement I'd expect from the audio. Quick, nervous, and a little bit strange. Perfect job.

I'm just not going to comment on the spoken dialog.

I agree, the mouth movements were almost jarring-esque, with a very choppy and dry motion to it. It was my first time attempting facial animation with spoken dialogue, and it is something I intend on improving upon in the future.
Thanks for the feedback Pritchard!