Topic: IM Airport Adventure

Directory Link

IM Airport Adventure

IM Airport Spot

This is a short commercial piece we did for a NYC company that is working on an extensive multi-piece Kickstarter project.

We were provided with final dialogue and a storyboard; the rest of the work is ours. It's good fun!

You might also enjoy the Kickstarter related to this. It has several cool Lego-related elements: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1400869672/into-mystery-clue-11-lightbox?ref=users

Re: IM Airport Adventure

Wow, that was really awesome! The set building was fantastic, and the animation was smooth. The lighting was also top-notch. I enjoyed the little things happening in the background as well, like the space guy getting shot. I'm almost convinced to support this project mini/tongue

The lip sync was also really cool, you should make a simple tutorial so we can figure out how you do that mini/wink The effect at the beginning was also extraordinary. Your smooth-surface walking was really smooth, may I ask how if you used sticky tac or tape, or something else? I can never figure out how to make the smooth surface walking smooth enough.

Again, great work, I look forward to seeing more from you! mini/smile

Last edited by rioforce (July 27, 2015 (09:52am))

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

This is very well done. The sets, animation, and lip sync are amazing. Awesome job!

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

This movie is incredible. The mouth movements are amazing. I don't know how you do it. I do have mouth movements in mine, but it can look a bit messy at times. I wish you well on this project you are working on, I hope it goes well!

-William Osborne.

rioforce wrote:

Wow, that was really awesome! The set building was fantastic, and the animation was smooth. The lighting was also top-notch. I enjoyed the little things happening in the background as well, like the space guy getting shot. I'm almost convinced to support this project mini/tongue

The lip sync was also really cool, you should make a simple tutorial so we can figure out how you do that mini/wink The effect at the beginning was also extraordinary. Your smooth-surface walking was really smooth, may I ask how if you used sticky tac or tape, or something else? I can never figure out how to make the smooth surface walking smooth enough.

Again, great work, I look forward to seeing more from you! mini/smile

Rioforce,

Thank you very much! We greatly appreciate the compliments. Yes, I use putty under the characters feet when they are walking on the tile floor, unless you can't see their feet, in which case I'd swap out for a regular plate to make things easier. As to a tutorial, that could be done, but it would be rather complex. It took us about 3 years to develop and perfect that technique! Live and learn ya know... I'll have to talk to my head effects artist and see what we can do.

Cheers!

Incredible production values!

It looks and feels fantastic, excellent job.
There's a huge scale, yet also tiny details, good effects, and a very polished appearance.
The dialog delivery and visuals meld very well, and it feels very much like a genuine and natural conversation.

Great job.

Mudskipper wrote:

As to a tutorial, that could be done, but it would be rather complex. It took us about 3 years to develop and perfect that technique! Live and learn ya know... I'll have to talk to my head effects artist and see what we can do.

Well, I really didn't mean a full-fledged start-to-finish tutorial, I just meant kind of an overview to answer questions like if you use tracking markers or if you do it frame by frame, and how do you get it to form to the head. Just things like that. I understand completely that is is a long and extensive process, the final result is just so awesome, I'm curious how it's done. mini/wink

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b