Topic: BRAWL 2015: Behind The Door

Directory Link

Behind The Door - BRAWL 2015

YouTube

My Brickfilm for the BRAWL 2015. mini/smile Enjoy.

Worldwide Brickfilm Community : Brick à Brack

YouTube Channel : MBstudio
Twitter : @MBstudio_Movies

Re: BRAWL 2015: Behind The Door

Wow, to make a 15 minute film is extremely impressive for BRAWL. Good work! I really enjoyed this! The story was well thought out and flowed very naturally, keeping me interested throughout the entire thing. The animation was great, and the lighting was perfect. I cannot wait to see what you create next! mini/bigsmile

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

I am amazed. A fifteen minute film in one week, and even with the subtitles done in the week! Not only that, but it was a great film, too. One of the biggest stand-outs, in my opinion. It held my attention throughout and the mystery and atmosphere were very well done. Great work!

Thank you ! mini/bigsmile

This is incredible for BRAWL. Not only that you actually FINISHED a 15-minute film in a week, but also a good one. There were quite a few set/camera/focus bumps, but otherwise everything felt pretty clean. The animation was mostly smooth, a bit rough in areas (the shots with the guy discovering the other astronaut, especially), but it wasn't too bad overall. This film had a great atmosphere and by the end I was really wanting to know what was on the other side of the door. Again, great job! mini/bigsmile

Incredible work!

This quickly stood out because of the length, but the story is where this film really shines.
I love how it really took it's time to set up the mystery and show how it affected the man over time. Doing so really brought the viewers into the man's head, and that connection paid off well once the twist hit.

Sure, the animation could use some polishing, and as mentioned, there were some bumps and things, but the film was easily able to overcome those faults and deliver something that was both memorable, and pretty deep.

Thanks for entering BRAWL, I hope you enjoyed it!

un film fascinant et complètement original.

an intriguing and completely original film.

-William Osborne.

Thank you ! Your comments make me really happy ! mini/bigsmile

First off, a bit tip of the hat for making a 15 minute film in a week. That is practically unheard of.

Another larger tip of the hat for making it as engaging and interesting as it is. This is seriously one of the best original brickfilm stories I've seen in a long time. The level of intrigue and unease that builds up all the way to the ending is wonderful, and without a reliable narrator to follow along with, the mystery of the story had me hooked right from the beginning.

If I had one criticism of the payoff, though it's...

Spoiler (click to read)

that I don't think you developed the robots enough as characters to make the "robots developing personal attachments to their human counterparts" revelation really stick its landing. The last act, especially the conversation between Charlie and Owen, felt a little shoehorned in, whereas I think there was a way you could have better "shown" their relationship rather than having them tell it all in one scene.

Still, it's a single blip in a film that, for the most part, gets so much right. Well done, this is a great entry.

As a piece of storytelling this was great, really kept me in it. Technically, not so much, but there was some cool editing tricks in there too. I actually disagree with MindGame:

Spoiler (click to read)

Whilst at first I thought the conversation seemed a bit tangential, the the resolution surprised me and was probably the highlight of the film, when the robot decides to help him. I'm a sucker for friendly robots though, haha.

Fantastic work!

mini/smile

Thank you for your comments I'm very happy ! mini/bigsmile

Wow... MindGame and ForlornCreature who have see my Brickfilm and comment it... mini/love

This was one of the stand out films of BRAWL, you should be proud MB, this is a great film.