Re: The Animation Challenge

I honestly look at this theme and thought it was really boring.  We should do a theme that plays with physics or something.  Like maybe,
tripping and falling, getting hit by a car, moving heavy objects, throwing a ball or exaggerated reaction's

These are all themes that I think would be fun to animate.

I agree with N0odleBrick, not many themes on this thread have caught my attention recently.

Ok, I will make a new theme. Here it is:
I like the idea of N0odlebrick, so the new theme is Throwing an object
The Deadline is Tuesday March 29

I hope this challenge interests you. mini/bigsmile
Happy animating!

Sorry for being a bit of a pessimist but I'm not a big fan of the new challenges these days. Zero gravity is quite overdone so whoever is hosting a challenge should ask for suggestions and look back at old challenges from the new and the previous thread. And hit-by-car was done last year.
Throwing an object is quite plain and isn't much of a challenge. Just like a walk cycle. However, if you would like to make a walk cycle challenging, then specify it into something like "a zombie walk" or "unique walk cycle". Something like throwing a shotput, javelin, a person, disc or a hammer throw would be better because it requires more studying of human motion. Plus it isn't often seen nor done in brickfilm animations. "Throwing something" is too vague, as it could be a Lego brick that was thrown which is too simple.
On a positive note, swimming was quite a good challenge. It was just a shame that no one entered.
Anyways, this is just a tip for how to come up with these animation challenges.

Youtube

my dad doesn't want me to brickfilm on because it's his computer, but he's not home right now at the moment.
-FilmyGuy1

Thanks for the advice, but this will have to be the last challenge I will try. That way I don't have to be a challenge hog. mini/wink
If I win a future challenge, I will certainly consider this. mini/smile

Sorry, meant to enter challenge but forgot. I saw you changed the deadline though so I'll try to enter it this time. mini/bigsmile

Batmanjpd Entertainment

I think that repeating themes is fine, its not like we've all done it before.  for instance, I didn't animate getting hit by a car a year ago and if I did I could probably do it a lot better now.  So that is something that I think would be fun to do again.

Also, I agree with Kd2000 that themes need to be more specific.  throwing an object is a little broad, but say the theme was throwing a bouncy ball and hitting something. This adds a new dynamic to the animation.  Now you have to animate a bouncy ball not just some solid object and also animate that object interacting with something.  Just basically restating what Kd2000 said expressing what I was thinking when I suggested this theme.

I will be entering this one by the way,

Last edited by soupmanjack (March 24, 2016 (10:07am))

Two more days for entries! mini/smile
Please enter so we can start getting this topic running again, thanks.

Last edited by Raptor Studios (March 28, 2016 (02:28pm))

I'll try to get my entry in tonight

edit: looks like it will be tomorrow afternoon (EDT) mini/smile

Last edited by MarkNelsonMovies (March 28, 2016 (05:26pm))

http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B-S9Gk-8REITRVJVQXVwZkdBRk0
“But the enterprise in which I’m about to embark on is fraught with imminent peril.”

Great! Sounds good. mini/bigsmile

Here is my entry;

https://youtu.be/Q-m-sdD0Om8

It has some serious light flicker because I forgot to set the ISO to manual, but it was fun to make anyway. mini/smile
I tried to do some easing to make the motions seem more realistic.

http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B-S9Gk-8REITRVJVQXVwZkdBRk0
“But the enterprise in which I’m about to embark on is fraught with imminent peril.”

My Entry

I completely forgot about my follow through on his arm swing, looks kinda bad.

Last edited by soupmanjack (March 29, 2016 (12:31pm))

Despite the lack of follow through, that looks really great, N0odle. mini/wink

MarkNelsonMovies, your film Egg toss was pretty good. I like the windup and the part when the egg broke.

N0odleBrick, I liked this animation. The throwing of the ball was very smooth. I also liked how it bounced at the end.

The winner is........N0odlebrick. I loved the way you threw the clay ball. The only problem was that your support was slightly visible. Congrats mini/smile

So... What do you guys want to animate?

Sky diving?

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.

How about some sort of fighting?
That is an area I certainly could improve on.

YES! Fighting! with Superpowers?

Ok... The new theme is Hand to hand combat and/or super power fighting this animation is mostly focusing on hand to hand combat or rather combat without any guns.  The super power fighting is optional but if you do decide to animate it keep it hand to hand... use super powers such as super strength, speed, flying ect.  No eyeball lasers or telekinesis.  The due date is Sunday the 10

Hope you have fun with this one... Happy Animating!

Last edited by soupmanjack (April 1, 2016 (05:44pm))

When is the due date?

Batmanjpd Entertainment