Re: The Animation Challenge

Here's my entry mini/smile : https://youtu.be/9fhkNAZKYYk

it would seem I am late. but:
we have a winner, and, that winner would be....
Undershadow Productions
good job. I like how what he was holding was visible. mini/bigsmile

also, good job Galactic films, seeing them move a bit while half visible would have improved yours a bit though..

Yes! mini/bigsmile
How does breaking a window sound for the next challenge?

YouTube | Twitter | Brick à Brack | Discord @ Undershadow#9982
   -- If a frame were worth a dollar, I'd be a millionaire by now --

Yes

Okay then.

The next animation challenge will be Breaking a Window and the deadline is the October 27
Can't wait to see some entries!

Last edited by Undershadow (October 24, 2015 (08:14am))

Congrats Undershadow Productions. mini/bigsmile And thanks for the suggestions Cooked Cat. I'll definitely keep them in mind if I ever try to animate someone being invisible again. mini/smile

Wouldn't the deadline be the 27th? usually it is on a monday so people can animate over the weekends

-RandomBoaz    YouTube

Not so much entries, huh?)
Think, I'll post mine on Sunday.
(I agree with RandomBoaz about deadline)

The change has been made to the deadline.

Undershadow Productions wrote:

Okay then.

The next animation challenge will be Breaking a Window and the deadline is October 27
Can't wait to see some entries!

My entry is here!:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8beCSrBVRU

Good entry, Sergey's Studio, although it would have been much better if you taped down your set or camera, whichever is moving.

LMDigitalMovies wrote:

Good entry, Sergey's Studio, although it would have been much better if you taped down your set or camera, whichever is moving.

Actually, the camera was on the tripod and set was taped down, but because I don't have remote control, the camera is moving a little bit each frame.

Last edited by Sergey's Studio (October 26, 2015 (12:21am))

And the winner is Sergey's Studio.

Nice job! I really liked the way the glass shattered. You might want to get a remote so you can fix the shaky camera, though.

Take it away!

Thanks, Undershadow Productions! Remote control is No1 in my list of things-I-want-to-buy)
Now to the next theme. What do you think about car accident?

Sergey's Studio wrote:

Thanks, Undershadow Productions! Remote control is No1 in my list of things-I-want-to-buy)
Now to the next theme. What do you think about car accident?

We did "Totaling an Automobile" just a few challenges back, as well as "Getting Hit/Ran Over By A Car," so I'd say we should do something else. We just did breaking a window, so how about breaking through a wall? (Just a suggestion mini/wink ) Either way, I'll probably have a go at this round, as I've sat out the last few.

YouTube  |  Flickr  |  Twitter

I think it would be good to move away from the "destruction" themes. Let's try something new and fresh. How about preparing food?

Willow Tree wrote:

I think it would be good to move away from the "destruction" themes. Let's try something new and fresh. How about preparing food?

That's kinda broad a topic for a challenge. There's so many ways to prepare food that one entry might be too hard to compare with another. I mean, you'd probably have to narrow it down to "chopping vegetables" or something for that to work. mini/wink

YouTube  |  Flickr  |  Twitter

Ehhh, these all sound boring and not much of a challenge. This is the animation challenge after all. Let's do stuff that is not often used, challenging, and interesting. Here's some ideas:

• Brick Motion Blur (like they did in The LEGO Movie)

• Squash and Stretch with LEGO (A great challenge, since LEGO is so rigid)

• Anticipation and follow-through (notice I'm using a theme of the 12 Principles of Animation)

• Moving weighted objects (a lot of time objects in our animation seem to be weightless and consistent)

• Exaggeration (again, more of a cartoony effect not easily pulled off with rigid bricks)

Here's some examples of those principles of animation I was speaking of.

Let's actually do things here to improve our animation! Let's go beyond our limits, let's try something unique! Let's be exciting! Let's bring life to objects instead of simply moving them!

Last edited by rioforce (October 28, 2015 (08:21am))

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Great ideas, Rioforce I cannot agree with you more. Ideas on the Animation Challenge have been running low and I think referring to the 12 principles of animation is a great idea as it will obviously help us all improve our animation.