Topic: [THAC XII] The App

Directory Link

The App

Youtube

The boss of a company decides to have a fresh start with his employees by making them an app. But is that really true?

There is an allegory in this movie, a few in fact.

Written, Directed, Animated, Editing, and Visual Effects by Liam Siegler.
Boss played by Harrison Allen
Employee played by Liam Siegler
Special thanks to Walter Benson for giving me his swoosh library. (it really saved me)
Sounds from Freesound.org
Music by Kevin MacLeod and from freesound.org.

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

Re: [THAC XII] The App

I liked the concept and humor, I felt both were spot on. Perhaps using the LEGO smartphone printed tile would have helped (but I suppose you don't have it), fixing the special effects would have helped (but nothing could have really fixed that because of course time constraints), and maybe alter the white balance on your camera for more appealing colors. Sorry if my tips don't help, I just like to see people improve. But like I said, I enjoyed the entry and look forward to more content from you. mini/smile

LPGPictures wrote:

I liked the concept and humor, I felt both were spot on. Perhaps using the LEGO smartphone printed tile would have helped (but I suppose you don't have it), fixing the special effects would have helped (but nothing could have really fixed that because of course time constraints), and maybe alter the white balance on your camera for more appealing colors. Sorry if my tips don't help, I just like to see people improve. But like I said, I enjoyed the entry and look forward to more content from you. mini/smile

Yeah, if I had the lego smartphone I would have used it. Those effects were rushed, so I did the best I could in 40 minutes. mini/tongue 
I'll keep the white balance in mind next time.

Thanks for your feedback!

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

Not bad! I liked the concept, and the story. The whoosh sound effects did help, I liked them. I think that even though the phone wasn't a printed tile, it worked, because we all knew that it was a phone. Though, who makes a gigantic machine to load an app on a phone? I thought that you could do it via USB. mini/tongue

(By the way, you might want to consider making the image in your signature smaller in height so it doesn't get removed, because the image size limit is 400x100. mini/wink

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

I'm glad you were able to stick with this and finish THAC! This was a fun film. The animation was pretty smooth, and I especially liked some of the smaller movements - the quick head turn and the phone tossing, particularly.

rioforce wrote:

Not bad! I liked the concept, and the story. The whoosh sound effects did help, I liked them. I think that even though the phone wasn't a printed tile, it worked, because we all knew that it was a phone. Though, who makes a gigantic machine to load an app on a phone? I thought that you could do it via USB. mini/tongue

(By the way, you might want to consider making the image in your signature smaller in height so it doesn't get removed, because the image size limit is 400x100. mini/wink

I thought the story was one of my weak points. mini/tongue
Yep, changed my signature.

Thanks rioforce for the feedback! mini/smile

Mighty Wanderer wrote:

I'm glad you were able to stick with this and finish THAC! This was a fun film. The animation was pretty smooth, and I especially liked some of the smaller movements - the quick head turn and the phone tossing, particularly.

Yes. I completed this film 28 minutes before THAC finished!  Thanks! mini/bigsmile