Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Teaser Trailer (in LEGO)

The trailer got featured on comicbookmovie.com...
Link

A news feature on comicbook.com….
Link

Someone posted the trailer on reddit…
Link

Featured on Geeksofdoom.com…
Link

Featured on toybox.io9…
Link

Featured on nerdreactor…
Link

(I'll try to keep this list updated as soon as I see/hear about any news stories relating to the trailer.)

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG

Now all we need is for this to be featured on the website of a popular tabloid newspaper mini/lol
I think this is really good, even if it is a bit late on the bandwagon, but probably one of the better recreations out there!

Ahaha! I was going leave a comment earlier about how typical some of the comments are. I was amazed throughout the entire trailer. People on here should just admire the amount time and effort that has been put into this. I think why people are being picky is because they're intending to find imperfections, where as the average YouTube user will watch this for entertainment and think it's briliant.

You two paired animation with vfx in such a fluid, convincing way; this video is really something to be proud of. I adored the use of brick built effects; the dust trail in the 2fast4furious speeder bit, and especially, in the X-Wing flight. That entire scene was atmospheric and I really liked the detail within the background environment. I usually find the recycling of concepts and Star Wars in general to be kind of tired, but this video was executed so well that it quickly blew all my quibbles away.

Moderator edit - please refrain from intentionally misspelling coarse language to get around the site's filter.

The execution and visual look of the film greatly reminds me of the LEGO movie.  Using all of those brick built things all around really gave it that LEGO feel.  I'm particularly fond of the shot of the X-Wings flying over that lake with the LEGO smoke and the trees in the background.

It's all fantastic.  I'd love to see more stuff that looks like this in more brickfilms.

A side-by-side comparison with the original trailer!

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

This is great! Best adaption of a trailer to LEGO ever in my opinion. Well done! mini/delirium

I knew it was very good, but having now seen the side by side, I'm blown away by the accuracy you guys achieved; the work must have been painstaking. Serious respect for putting such a painstaking level of detail into matching the framing and grading. mini/bigsmile

The animation to this literally looks so animated it looks like it's computer generated, not stop motion. This is one of the best I've seen so far.

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

Amazing ! mini/eek
The scene with the X-Wing is just fantastic ! mini/love

Worldwide Brickfilm Community : Brick à Brack

YouTube Channel : MBstudio
Twitter : @MBstudio_Movies

Ne'er have I seen anything so well done. I think everyone else has probably already said everything that I can say, but you guys did a spectacular job! The positioning, the timing, the recreation, it was all absolutely perfection! I got chills and screamed like a tiny child just like i did when they released the original teaser. Fantastic! The Force is clearly with you!

"Heal the world.  Make it a better place...." -Michael Jackson
"I like to stroke them." -Hazzat
http://bit.ly/jzKLdD ←YouTube!
-Jedi Master, DarthVincentPrice, who's retired...again... from the animation. Voicing's still a go!

DarthVincentPrice wrote:

Ne'er have I seen anything so well done. I think everyone else has probably already said everything that I can say, but you guys did a spectacular job! The positioning, the timing, the recreation, it was all absolutely perfection!

Yes, it's definitely the most faithful adaptation of the original teaser. But, I've seen so many of these recreations, and I can't say I got too excited when I first saw this in the Releases forum. In fact, I actually cringed a little bit. I'm terribly exhausted of them; nevertheless, I gotta say you and Philip did a great job on this.

I finally get to see the ball droid done right!

Last edited by Mickey (December 30, 2014 (08:46pm))

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

I think there were too many special effects.

Last edited by Smocktopus (January 28, 2016 (12:44pm))

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.

Tim's Videos wrote:

I think there were WAY too many special effects.

I disagree, half of the actual trailer was just special effects and this recreation simply follows that, and does so very well I might add.

Personally I think Star Wars has always been about having loads over the top special effects - especially in the original trilogy.

Boats Animator
Free stop motion software with 1080p support!
YouTubeBrickfilms WikiBoats Animator

BoatsAreRockable wrote:
Tim's Videos wrote:

I think there were WAY too many special effects.

I disagree, half of the actual trailer was just special effects and this recreation simply follows that, and does so very well I might add.

Personally I think Star Wars has always been about having loads over the top special effects - especially in the original trilogy.

Well, yes but I think there should be more animation in a stop motion animation video.

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.

About 90% to 95% of this video is stop motion animation comprised of photographed LEGO elements, with some digital compositing to put those elements together. That people are mistaking it for something else speaks to the polish of Zach's animation.

For the record, most of the special effects you see is just the compositing of multiple stop-motion animated layers. Even if not everything was animated on the same set at the same time, most everything was, in fact, done in stop-motion.

For example, in the X-wing shot, all three X-wings were individually animated, the lake water was animated, the wake that trails them was animated. The only CG elements there were the background hills and the clouds.

EDIT: Phil beat me to the punch, but basically what he said.

When Ep VII is put on DVD, this could be a bonus feature.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

MindGame wrote:

For the record, most of the special effects you see is just the compositing of multiple stop-motion animated layers. Even if not everything was animated on the same set at the same time, most everything was, in fact, done in stop-motion.

For example, in the X-wing shot, all three X-wings were individually animated, the lake water was animated, the wake that trails them was animated. The only CG elements there were the background hills and the clouds.

I would love to see an animation breakdown video of this.

Life is like a box of LEGO, you never know what you're gonna build. - mrgraff

For those interested, I finally put together a vfx breakdown of the video!