Topic: Robin Hood - Developments (BRAWL 2014)

My first BRAWL entry!

Robin Hood - Developments

I have never done BRAWL before, so this was fun. Many thanks to the voice actors Brick7, JonnDthunDer, Divine and Jay Silver and my brother for helping me animate.

Robin and his Merry Men decide to renovate the Sherwood hideout.
Made for BRAWL in one week.

Film Directory

Last edited by Arginnon (August 13, 2014 (12:48am))

https://i.imgur.com/0X6EoJh.jpg
YouTube Channel : All My Links ↑Click for newest animation!↑

Re: Robin Hood - Developments (BRAWL 2014)

Hey Arginnon,

I really enjoyed your entry to brawl, it was great cinematography along with plenty of nice camera shots, nice set designs enjoyable irish music and too top it up an enjoyable short.

I also enjoyed the character I played ha ha mini/lol

Good job!

I especially enjoyed the ending mini/bigsmile

Sincerely,
Divine.

RELEASED! Check out my channel to watch it!
Check out my Youtube Channel New Vid every week: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy5NKN … 7cRn8gsNaw

Thank you for your kind words, Divine and thank you for your help in the video!

The sets and the forested background look lovely, and the voice acting was excellent as well! Kudos to you for making it through your first BRAWL contest!

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this great video!

Everything fits together really wonderfully, this one really feels a lot more polished compared to some of the other BRAWL entries.  The animation is good, as is the cinematography.  I'm really impressed by the depth implied in the sets, and the use of the fake leaves (whatever they were) behind a layer of LEGO trees, it really worked well.  The montage in the middle with them 'developing' the place was great, it really felt like time was passing in a way that I have trouble with, so that was nice to see.
The voice acting was great, I was especially impressed with Robin.  I though the colors were really vivid and the contrast seemed good, the forest really looked lush.  The sound was very good, the ambient noise was wonderfully done and made the forest come alive, and the music fit perfectly where you had it.

The story was also good for a short film, and was executed quite well.  Probably my one complaint would be that the Sheriff and Robin hit swords one time, then he says they're evenly matched.  That seemed awfully quick, but of course you didn't have time to animate a short fight or anything, also that would have defeated the ending in a way. 

Overall, absolutely wonderful film!  Congratulations on 7th, you definitely deserved it (if not a higher placing)!

Thank you for being a part of it! Also thank you for your kind words, I really appreciate it. The fight was written longer, but unfortunately, as you said, I had no time to animate mini/tongue

JonnDthunDer wrote:

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this great video!

Everything fits together really wonderfully, this one really feels a lot more polished compared to some of the other BRAWL entries.  The animation is good, as is the cinematography.  I'm really impressed by the depth implied in the sets, and the use of the fake leaves (whatever they were) behind a layer of LEGO trees, it really worked well.  The montage in the middle with them 'developing' the place was great, it really felt like time was passing in a way that I have trouble with, so that was nice to see.
The voice acting was great, I was especially impressed with Robin.  I though the colors were really vivid and the contrast seemed good, the forest really looked lush.  The sound was very good, the ambient noise was wonderfully done and made the forest come alive, and the music fit perfectly where you had it.

The story was also good for a short film, and was executed quite well.  Probably my one complaint would be that the Sheriff and Robin hit swords one time, then he says they're evenly matched.  That seemed awfully quick, but of course you didn't have time to animate a short fight or anything, also that would have defeated the ending in a way. 

Overall, absolutely wonderful film!  Congratulations on 7th, you definitely deserved it (if not a higher placing)!