Topic: Grounded BRAWL 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3vlulhb-Vw

So, this is my First Ever BRAWL film, and my second completed and submitted brick film. I had limited resources so I'm very happy with the result.

A young man's monotonous life is interupted by a girl that mysteriously appears...

Last edited by PrestigePie (July 27, 2014 (12:42pm))

π Cherry π Banana Cream π Pumpkin π Lemon-Lemon π Black Berry π Quiche π

Re: Grounded BRAWL 2014

This deserves a bump because it's one of the most unique entries to the contest. I like films that aren't afraid to incorporate the room outside the set, especially when it isn't used comedically but manages not to be jarring. The animation is sparse and basic, so it's amazing that you managed to tell you story so well despite this and without dialogue. I really liked the concept, though I was kind of hoping he would get across in the end (but I guess that would have been the obvious ending). Great job and very impressive for your second brickfilm.

This is one of my favorite BRAWL entries. Not because of how pretty or smooth the animation but because of the story telling. This film has a fantastic atmosphere to it. A nice change to the typically brickfilm. It has an avant-garde feal to it which I like very much. The music fits the film nicely. I feel like the ending could have been better. It felt a bit lacking. I would have loved to see them grow old together despite loving apart but that's just my opinion. All in all this is well worth the two minutes it takes to watch.

While I could gripe about the animation and the fact that it was, at times, hard to follow, I'd rather compliment you on the storytelling and atmosphere. As before mentioned, this had a sort of feel to it that is very rare to see in brickfilms. This is a very unique film, and treads boldly on the mysterious atmosphere. Very well done.

YouTube Channel Edmeier Animation
Email: [email protected]

Thank you all for the feedback,

I'd have to agree with all of you that the animation is not the strongest (more so the weakest) point of the film, but I am very proud of how far I have come from my last film.

As for the ending, well... I liked the ending, but then again I would have rather had a different, more developed one. Time restraints and the simple will to finish in time fueled the rushed and depressing ending. But, what I do like is that the film has created an interesting alternate ending phenomenon. Where everyone seems to want the film to end a different way; I'd really like to explore that phenomenon in future films.

I'm glad you all liked it so well and I'm very happy that you too appreciate the atmosphere of the film.

Thank you all once again for all the great feedback, I'll continue to create and work on my filmmaking skills as well as my animation.

Cheers

PrestigiousPieProductions wrote:

I liked the ending, but then again I would have rather had a different, more developed one.

I see what you did there. mini/wink

On a serious note, I really liked this film.

Willco66 wrote:
PrestigiousPieProductions wrote:

I liked the ending, but then again I would have rather had a different, more developed one.

I see what you did there. mini/wink

On a serious note, I really liked this film.

...That was totally intentional...

Glad you liked the film!

Last edited by PrestigePie (July 29, 2014 (07:47am))

It can't help but remind me of this video, but of course there are some differences. I really like this entry, and I must congratulate you on being able to make it through your first BRAWL!

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?