Re: BRAWL 2014 Update Thread!

Not sure what you're asking, but if it's what I think, then yeah. I've had to just place some random red/orange things off in the far corner of sets several times already. Sadly, they can't help but to stick out in an other-wise gray and black set. But on the other hand, red coffee cups look natural just about anywhere they're placed. mini/wink

Also, got all my audio in, and only have a page of script left to animate!
The animation is a bit rough in places, but I think it'll all balance out and look fine in the end.
It's the story I'm concentrating on this time, and boy is it good, even if I do say so myself. mini/devil

*sigh*

Trying to finish with Post Production, but the File corrupts. THANKS A LOT, WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER! mini/madhead

http://www.bricksinmotion.com/sig.png
I WILL NOT USE A SIGNATURE LARGER THAN 400 BY 100 PIXELS

Harborlight Productions wrote:

Has anyone had to put  red and orange pieces together in a weird place but had no choice?

Yes, orange is a very clashing color. I'm currently trying to figure out how to fit it on an ambulance. I think I'll have to alter the entire color scheme of the ambulance for this mod...

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Could you check this frame out and tell me if the Mod is visible, please?

Have a nice day! mini/smile

YouTube

StefanMuscat wrote:

I can clearly see the mod.

PixTron's Personale wrote:

*sigh*

Trying to finish with Post Production, but the File corrupts. THANKS A LOT, WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER! mini/madhead

Well at least you've made it to Post. I still have about a third of the animation to do. Btw, Pix, do you think you could record those lines asap?

GHB wrote:
PixTron's Personale wrote:

*sigh*

Well at least you've made it to Post. I still have about a third of the animation to do. Btw, Pix, do you think you could record those lines asap?

Oh my! I didn't know you got back to me! mini/XD

I'll see what I can do. Most likely tomorrow morning (mainly because during the day/noon/afternoon/night/ect, my Family is insanely busy with stuff while I'm in the Room for all the PCs stacked in there, working on the films, voice-acting, and whatnot).

http://www.bricksinmotion.com/sig.png

Orange and red definitely are very bright colors that make integration of the color mod tricky. I've mostly gotten around it by featuring shots of construction equipment and road cones (orange's natural environment) and making my main character out of red and orange parts.

Also, I've liberally used the letter mod in my billboards. This is the first mod-element-contest I've entered where I've used the letter element extensively.

I've only animated 2 shots so far. I need to pick up that pace. Having to go to work during this contest is rough. At least with THAC it's over a weekend and it's a bit more of an even playing field. You kids and your summers off! mini/tongue

Well, my film is officially going to suck really, really, really bad.

StefanMuscat wrote:

I can see it. Dark red stud on an orange stud.

Nathan Wells wrote:

Orange and red definitely are very bright colors that make integration of the color mod tricky. I've mostly gotten around it by featuring shots of construction equipment and road cones (orange's natural environment) and making my main character out of red and orange parts.

Also, I've liberally used the letter mod in my billboards. This is the first mod-element-contest I've entered where I've used the letter element extensively.

I've only animated 2 shots so far. I need to pick up that pace. Having to go to work during this contest is rough. At least with THAC it's over a weekend and it's a bit more of an even playing field. You kids and your summers off! mini/tongue

I've also had to make my main character out of red and orange parts.

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

GHB wrote:

Well, my film is officially going to suck really, really, really bad.

At least I know I'm not the only one. mini/sad

I haven't really had a problem with the mod element. Here is a frame from my entry:
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3877/14541400977_fbece336d8_o.pngThe Phone Call by Rockydude411, on Flickr

So am I the only one who doesn't have any mod-element minifigs in my film?

In other news I think I'm finally getting the hang of dialogue animation.  I'm building up a really good head of steam here!  I feel like my film is finally taking shape.

Nathan Wells wrote:

Well, you have way more experience, so I guess it balances out. mini/wink

Last edited by Mr Vertigo (July 23, 2014 (01:05pm))

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Can't help but feel I didn't do enough today.  First I started editing the already shot animation, then I procrastinated before going to animate, however the camera's battery needed to be recharged, so I went swimming and played games on my PC whilst the battery recharged.  Then I finally got to animating but only managed to shoot a few seconds. mini/confused   
However looking through all your comments I feel better and that I am at least doing some progress. mini/tongue

EDIT:

FlyingMinifig wrote:

So am I the only one who doesn't have any mod-element minifigs in my film?

I did have one character just in case but I managed to get the mod into the shot he was in.

Last edited by StefanMuscat (July 23, 2014 (01:10pm))

Have a nice day! mini/smile

YouTube

StefanMuscat wrote:

Can't help but feel I didn't do enough today.  First I started editing the already shot animation, then I procrastinated before going to animate, however the camera's battery needed to be recharged, so I went swimming and played games on my PC whilst the battery recharged.  Then I finally got to animating but only managed to shoot a few seconds. mini/confused   
However looking through all your comments I feel better and that I am at least doing some progress. mini/tongue

'

Your lucky you shot something yesterday. I had to redo everything I filmed yesterday. I finished filming it again a little while ago. mini/tongue

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

A frame of my film that I'm really happy with.  I'm on a roll!

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2903/14705363366_72733481c5_c.jpg

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college

I really like it when people get really close to stuff in brickfilms.
Not all cameras can get that close.

You should probably try to keep your LEGO cleaner, though.  A little paint brush is a good way to get rid of little specks of dust.

Squid wrote:

I really like it when people get really close to stuff in brickfilms.
Not all cameras can get that close.

You should probably try to keep your LEGO cleaner, though.  A little paint brush is a good way to get rid of little specks of dust.

It's funny actually, because my camera isn't all that fancy.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  I usually have to get my camera in really close to get these shots--if I zoom in too much it won't focus properly.  The auto-focus can be really annoying as well.

Good point about the dust as well, I'll see what I can do.  I have a big dust problem in my house.

Squid wrote:
backyardlegos wrote:

I stabbed myself in the finger with a 1.2mm diameter needle today at work. This may put me back a little animation wise, but I'm going to try to work through it.

Whilst changing the height of my table, I inadvertently jabbed a bloody huge nasty splinter betwixt my nail and finger.  It went in deep.  I screamed a scream of pain that probably sounded not entirely inhuman then pulled it out.  It hurt like crazy but the pain subsided relatively quickly, and I'm glad of that.

Two years in a row now I've drawn blood whist making a BRAWL film whist I was actually in the process of making it.

I got a massive splinter in my finger while working in the garden today.  I tried to dig it out, causing my finger to bleed a little, but it got stuck so I put a band-aid over it.  While I was animating my band-aid popped off.  I continued with my shot and didn't even stop to replace it.

I'm that hardcore.

I also did have some strange dreams, but I can't seem to recall any of them.

Squid's right, close ups in brickfilms are nice to see. I might go with an even tighter shot though, having his legs in frame doesn't really add anything. However I don't know the context so the wide frame might be necessary.
http://i.imgur.com/0mguCPN.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/IRCtQGu.jpg

It isn't really.  It's just as close as I could get with my camera while still keeping the image in focus.  It certainly looks a lot better--I'll see if I can crop it in post-production.  Thanks for the suggestion!