Re: Transformer 4 running time.

backyardlegos wrote:

Now, I haven't seen this movie, so take this with not a grain, but a chunk of salt. I'm a big fan of occasional mindless entertainment, I enjoy an action movie every once and a while, or a stupid comedy; but I hate being advertised to when I've already paid for the media I'm ingesting. The last thing I want to see when I've already paid $12 to see a movie is  tons of blatant advertising filling up the screen, it's borderline offensive, and one of the main reason I don't watch these movies.

Then……don't watch them. Nobody is forcing you to watch said movie.
Use your 'voice' with your money and go spend it on some other movie or something else altogether.

By the way, if there's a movie that you think has a chance of being not-so-great…
No one said that you had to pay for it either.
There are ways to watch movies in the theater for free. (Yes, legally.)
Local television stations and radio stations will sometimes give away free movie tickets.
Not to mention, movie companies that are unsure about a film will have test screenings.
Various other companies have sneak previews of films before they are released.

Do some research online and look for this.^
Movies are cool, but free movies are even better.

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG

I didn't want a complete re-creation of the original series, but I wanted to have something that was remotely faithful to the Transformers, the way that Spider-Man 1 was at least faithful to the comic origin and backstory.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

Sméagol wrote:

Michael Bay always has color correction blasting all the bluish tints into the teal range, and the skin tones into the orange range, to create a distilled, teal and orange color palette. It's the laziest way to make sure your film's color palette looks consistent.

Yeah, I was aware of that (I read an article somewhere about the whole "orange and teal" fad, if it can be called that).  Still, it looks really bad, especially considering that that particular image has no teal in it, making the orange look glaringly obvious.

The funny thing is how he is a proponent of shooting on film, then destroys the colors with post-production color changes like this.

What?  Michael Bay, of all people, advocates shooting on film?  He's the last person I'd expect who would do that.  Ironic, given how much he uses digital effects.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive