Re: BRAWL 2014

Good luck! I hope you enjoy it mini/bigsmile

Just found out that I will only have four days to do this; challenge accepted.

Ok. I might be able to do this. Although I am rather busy. mini/tongue

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

Looking forward to enter this.
Just btw Chris. W. is that Reginald on ure profile picture?

fartifartek wrote:

Just btw Chris. W. is that Reginald on ure profile picture?

I have no idea. I saw the picture somewhere, thought it was comical, so I set it as my profile picture. The end.

This starts the day after I leave for vacation and ends the day before I get back... D: mini/sad

http://i.imgur.com/KeUIjEo.png

Are other people allowed to help you with your film? Special Effects, etc.

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

I think you can, but you have to say it was a team effort. Not quite sure though

Edit: at the first page, it says at the top under rules and requirements:

Joint entries are allowed, but please specify this when submitting.

Last edited by jasper (July 12, 2014 (09:56am))

If my exams and vacation aren't getting in the way, i may aswell see if i can enter.

signature

5 more days! mini/bigsmile

My first BRAWL, so I'm new to this. Should I be preparing for it already? How should I be preparing? What is life? I'm so scared. mini/dizzy

Moderator note: please do not use signatures larger than 400x100px.

>okay...

This is my first one too. I guess you could start building a set that you could use universally, or at least come up with a location you think you could fit any story around. I'm not taking my own advice, though, because lots of my bricks are being used in a movie I plan to finish Thursday.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

rioforce wrote:

This is my first one too. I guess you could start building a set that you could use universally, or at least come up with a location you think you could fit any story around. I'm not taking my own advice, though, because lots of my bricks are being used in a movie I plan to finish Thursday.

With this being my third BRAWL, I can say that I pretty much do zero preparation before the contests starts, besides making sure that my animation setup works fine and that I don't have any prior commitments that will interfere. I'd personally rather build a set to match an script than a script to match a set. I just find it more fun that way. Otherwise I'll probably end up feeling as though I can't use a good idea I have because the set I built won't work for it.

But hey, to each their own. If you feel like building sets or doing whatever beforehand, that's fine. In the end, just have fun with it!

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]

Last BRAWL I had a lot of bricks so I built a simple nature background with a rock face and grass.  It wasn't camera ready, it needed lost of decoration, but making a rock face takes some time and I do use them in most of my videos, so I went ahead and made that.  But for Odoriferous, everything else besides that was built in a day, even that stained glass window.  I managed to built a lot of sets in a short time to fit the film and I think that made it really good.

Sadly, though, this year I've spent almost all of my good extra bricks building Darkmoor, so I have barely anything left to build something nice for BRAWL, which is a shame.  I can't multi-task with Darkmoor because it looks horrible in colour, and that's kinda a must for BRAWL, unless I did only letter mod.  I'm considering that, though.

I was really hoping to polish up my animation skills, but I've had almost zero time to do so.  And with my animation skills not being the greatest, I'm not sure I'd be able to put together something in time.  Plus, although I've ordered a new mic, it probably won't arrive before the contest starts.  I was really hoping to do something, but it looks like I might need to sit this one out. mini/sad 

Oh well, I guess there's always next year...

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Just making sure, when it says the mod element must be in every shot, does this mean it is like the first BRAWL when the figs were allowed to block it during movement or does it need to be visible at all times?

Hey guys, is there going to be a Skype call this time around?  If so, I'd be quite grateful if someone could put me on the group.  I would rather like to be part of that call, as I have not done so properly as of yet.

Wait, if my math is right, that means BRAWL begins at six or seven Saturday evening here in central time...
It's not a good time for me, especially with 86.32% of my Sunday tied up with prior engagements.
So I'll be off to a terrible start. mini/madhead

Oh well, I'll just try to keep whatever film idea I come up with down to a feasible size. And I did manage to get that last Saturday off, so I can just wake up super-early and work all day until the deadline if need be.

@Squid, you still have several options. You could take a color photo from the same angle as every shot, you could build the letter out of bricks and put it in the background, or you could have a piece of paper with the letter in the very top of the frame, then crop it out for the final film. (You'll just need to send an uncropped version to the judges.)
And you being in the skype call may not be that wise. mini/tongue

@Flying, please come join us in the fun. It's not about your skills, it's about being in the middle of a huge community event. I sure hope you decide to enter.

@Sillypenta, Yep, as long as you can see it in at least one frame of every shot, it counts. So yes, you can block it temporarily, but be careful when doing so. You sure don't want to slip up and be disqualified.

I'm going to try to go into this contest "blind," with no prior ideas. It didn't work for last THAC, but, hey, I was lazy then... mini/tongue

Let's hope that this BRAWL is a good one. I'd love to see lots of long and thought-out brickfilms. mini/smile

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

I'm hoping to either make something silent, a romance, or something that only rhymes.  I've never done those before, so I want to remember to keep those options in mind.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

You could take a color photo from the same angle as every shot

Does everyone else think that would be legit?