Re: What was the last movie you watched?

Hot Lead & Cold Feet (1978)

Ah, I love a good Western film. However, I hate Don Knotts' acting. mini/tongue

8.5/10

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Courageous (2011)

This is actually my third time seeing this film. It was shown at my church tonight so I saw it once again. This film was a great improvement in the overall quality of Sherwood's pictures, so I'm happy to say it is my favorite out of their films so far. It's great to see a Christian film have big screen success and I hope to see more and more in the coming years. I'd highly recommend this film, as it is one of the good Christian movies with good acting, great quality, and an excellent message.

I loved that film! But I've only seen it once.

Spoiler (click to read)

"The Snake King" in the back of the police car was the best part of the entire movie.

And yes, I second Spider on that. It's a must-see.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

I loved that film! But I've only seen it once.

Spoiler (click to read)

"The Snake King" in the back of the police car was the best part of the entire movie.

And yes, I second Spider on that. It's a must-see.

Haha yes, that scene always makes me laugh. I love the Chick-Fil-A reference, especially cause I work there. mini/lol

John Carter

Simply put, I don't think this film is getting the attention it deserves. I think Andrew Stanton did a fine job, and I hope enough people see this film to make a sequel possible.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

Transformers (2007)

Aahhh I remember watching this one for the first time and it was so exciting because the whole awesome cgi thingy was relatively new. Watching it now it's still kinda cool and IMO has better storyline than it's sequels.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009)

If I'd exclude the forest battle scene it was complete garbage, that only scene kinda made it worth watching but overall it's a really bad cheesy film even for a blockbuster. This film was just a pathetic excuse to make a whole bunch of action sequences about giant cgi robots fighting each other. The storyline was more like a filler between the action that's it. Really really bad film.

Bourne Identity

One of the most entertaining and realistic spy movies ever created. The first time I watched it I liked it, but this time I super-liked it mini/bigsmile definitely worth watching, it's not over the top it's exactly spot on!

Canned Gravy's "PIRATES!"

Not necessarily sure this counts as an actual film, but I must say, I love this film. The visual effects with the water were spot on and the storyline and the acting was "pretty swell". I don't know how long it took Doug Vandergrift (the animator/writer) to do this film mini/eek, but it was all worth it in the end. The eye candy is so well added and the animation is so smooth, it makes it feel real. Not like any other LEGO POTC film. This is definitively something else. mini/bigsmile

Bourne Supremacy

The director Greengrass is overrated IMO as Identity was so much better. Tomorrow I'll be watching Ultimatum.

The Hunger Games

Incredible. Just incredible. I loved this. Everything about this film is genius. I found out about this film almost about a year ago...it was well worth the wait. If you haven't read the books or seen the movie... mini/twitch  you don't know entertainment like I do.

10/10

omarnol wrote:

The Hunger Games

Incredible. Just incredible. I loved this. Everything about this film is genius. I found out about this film almost about a year ago...it was well worth the wait. If you haven't read the books or seen the movie... mini/twitch  you don't know entertainment like I do.

10/10

I've been waiting eagerly to see this movie! once I see it my life will be complete

Au Revoir Les Enfants

Very enjoyable film. Solid plot that showed the side of the French resistance against the Nazis.

Big Trouble in Little China
Amazing as usual.

The Hunger Games
Surprisingly good.

Cast Away
Solid film, really got into this one.
"WILLSOONNN!!!"

The Howling II: Stiriba - Werewolf !@#$%
Well that was pretty poor stuff, fellas. At least put some effort in. The two protagonists have almost no characterization and were played by terrible actors, plus the whole thing looked like it a British soap opera from the '90s. Christopher Lee was good in it, I guess. Also there were occasional set pieces that were memorable, such as the aging body bit and the guy's eyes exploding. And the bat. The werewolf transformations were pretty terrible which was disappointing. Had an entertaining third act and it was fun to make fun of.
Plus Sybil Danning. Dayum.

The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Surprisingly, it was a lot better than I had heard. The story didn't stick to the book quite as closely as The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, but it was still very enjoyable. The CGI was also better than TLtWatW. My favorite scene was the

Spoiler (click to read)

sea serpent scene. Awesome!

Last edited by Mighty Wanderer (March 24, 2012 (07:39pm))

The Dark Knight

As you may know, I watched Batman Begins a couple weeks ago. I gotta say, this film must have been all the rage "back then", because it blew me away. I didn't like the first one as much as I liked this one.

"Everything burns..."

-The Joker

Genius, pure genius. It just makes me wanna see The Dark Knight Rises more and more...even if it doesn't come out until July. mini/smile

9.3/10

Last edited by Mickey (March 25, 2012 (02:31pm))

Bourne Ultimatum

Paul Greengrass is one of the most overrated Directors in Hollywood ever. He is yet to impress me, I have no idea how he gets so many films to direct. His overuse of shaky cam effect is horrible. For action sequences I understand but why make the camera shake so much during dialogues? You get the feeling that the poor camera man is spanking his monkey while filming the scene because the camera is shaking randomly.

Green Zone

Yet again was kinda ruined by shaky cam. And I really enjoyed the Body of Lies more, however Green Zone is worth watching once.

Last edited by Leo's World (March 25, 2012 (06:25am))

Danimation wrote:

Cast Away
"WILLSOONNN!!!"

If I'm not mistaken, that clip was used on this week's episode of the NPR game show "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me..."

Zombieland was just a funny zombie film though it did have awesome zombie mayhem. Everything was pretty good about this film 7/10.

Grown Ups was a delightful movie about four friends. It seemed to drag on at the end and it didn't have a great climax to it. Yet it was another funny Adam Sandler movie that his fans eat up 6/10.

I'm back, not like you guys cared
Youtube

Danimation wrote:

Big Trouble in Little China
Amazing as usual.

Awha yeah! Can't get much better then that.

The Ghost of Mrs. Day studios: Home of mediocre brickfilms.

The Adventures of Tintin
It's awesome, but the plot seems a bit rushed. And one of the action scenes is done in one single take, making it seem rushed, sloppy, and confusing. 4.5/5

Pandorum
Just as awesome the third time, if not more awesome. Now I can finally understand the entire plot!

"Doc seriously, do that one more time without warning me first and I'll flip this examination table and roundhouse kick you in the face." - Adam young

How To Train Your Dragon

Second time seeing this film, but I really enjoy it. It's one of the few Dream Work's pictures I like. It has an excellent plot, it is very creative, and the animation is great! Crude humor is almost non existent I believe (thank goodness). Definitely one of my favorite animated films in this genre.