Re: What was the last movie you watched?

Squirrel!

http://tinyurl.com/yhtws35
   Latest: The Tower: Series 1 - Teaser Trailer
   Rate, Comment, Subscribe!
   Youtube]

The Silence of the Lambs
Anthony Hopkins was really good in this. He didn't over-act the role, he did it just right.

Update!

The Hitch-hiker

Quite a suspenseful noir film. It's interesting that it was directed by a woman but has no female characters at all.

Kiss Me Deadly

Fantastic. Imagine a B-movie made with the highest standards of quality possible.

Andrei Rublev

http://criterion_production.s3.amazonaws.com/release_images/293/34_box_348x490.jpg

Probably one of the greatest films of all time, and I don't say that lightly.

Candyman
Brilliant! Has instantly become one of my favourite horror movies.
This is proper horror, with the spookiness and the eerie music, and the uncomfortable "knowing what's coming" stuff.
And man, the Candyman's voice is horrible. Chilling.
Best served cold, after being lead around supposedly haunted underground vaults.
Forget the gratuitous jump scare gorefests we get nowadays, this is true cult classic brilliance.

9/10

(Although it does not confuse nail biting tension and fear for messy blood and guts gore, this film is still pretty gruesome, anyone too young to deal with that, you have been warned)

Youtube]

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Me and my stupid curiosity. I knew this was going to be bad, but I mean, damn, that was terrible. Probably the most visually chaotic movie I've ever seen; the special effects were so intricate and had so much going on all the time that it actually took away from their overall quality (if anything, they were more distracting than enjoyable to look at). Not only was the story almost completely incoherent, but I was barely able to follow any of the action that was happening on screen. I thought Terminator Salvation was bad, but this might dethrone it as one of the worst films (if not the worst) from last year.

Last edited by MindGame (March 22, 2010 (07:45pm))

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Me and my stupid curiosity. I knew this was going to be bad, but I mean, damn, that was terrible. Probably the most visually chaotic movie I've ever seen; the special effects were so intricate and had so much going on all the time that it actually took away from their overall quality (if anything, they were more distracting than enjoyable to look at). Not only was the story almost completely incoherent, but I was barely able to follow any of the action that was happening on screen. I thought Terminator Salvation was bad, but this might dethrone it as one of the worst films (if not the worst) from last year.

Whole story was basically how to make Megan Fox hotter mini/tongue

Zathura
A not-so-bad adaption of the popular Jamanji, but I wasn't fully convinced by the acting. Oh yeah and,

Spoiler (click to read)

The astronaut is an older version of Walter? WTF?!

Titanic
I was promised tears, but there were none, really. The acting was good, and the storyline was pretty sad, but I just wasn't overwhelmed by it all. Also, my ex-teacher's grandparents were survivors.

Kill Bill Vol 1
Nice. A very good film, the acing was pulled off well, the dialogue was funny, along with the story, but...

Spoiler (click to read)

They used the Wilhelm Scream...

Spoiler (click to read)

...Twice.

Into The Blue
My dad wanted me to watch it with him, but I didn't realise it was based in the water. And I hate water and sharks, and what live in water? Aqua Man, and sharks. And most of you know I'm terrified of sharks. But the film was pretty good, but some pars were confusing for me.

A nice film weekend.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/bluebrickstudios/Sigs/rs_sig.png

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

Really amazing. mini/eek
The Swedes have got good film making nailed (Let the Right One In/30 Days of Night) but then I guess they only release the good ones worldwide.
It does, however, suffer slightly from Return of the King syndrome and ends like 30 times.
There are 6 scenes at the end which, had any of them been skipped, would have still left an incredibly satisfying film.
It is pretty grim (the Swedish title is "Men Who Hate Women" and it deals with a lot of issues such as rape and abuse) but its is a superbly made dark and twisted murder mystery and super tense psychological thriller.
Can't wait for the sequels.

9.5/10

The only bit I didn't like is...

Spoiler (click to read)

The very very last scene where suddenly she hacks her way to millions of money and starts living somewhere tropical is totally out of place with the tone and style of the rest of the movie. It's forced and unrealistic and a bit annoying considering the rest is so good.

Last edited by SquareShapedSoftness (March 23, 2010 (09:38am))

Youtube]

It surely wasn't meant to be a comedy. A plane can't go at that speed: too slow. 2.5/10
The Silence of the Lambs
great movie, too bad I had to watch it in 2 days...9/10

Tyler wrote:

Kill Bill Vol 1
Nice. A very good film, the acing was pulled off well, the dialogue was funny, along with the story, but...
They used the Wilhelm Scream... Twice.

How is that a bad thing?

Lord of the Rings: Return of the King uses the Wilhelm Scream at least twice.

Superman Returns

Best emotionally captivating superhero movie ever (you fail, Spider-man 3, you can't do anything right). I like this movie a lot, the cast is great, although it seemed kind of like they rushed casting Lois Lane. idk. btw, Kevin Spacey is a god. We need him in more movies.

4/5

You are joking right?

No really..

Guys, he IS joking isn't he?..

filmyguy, you silly.
- Aaron

Of course he's not joking, Superman Returns is the greatest, nay the quintessential superhero movie.
In fact, to call it simply a movie would not do such an art form justice.
This movie has transcended mere boring self involved nonsense to be SO boring and SO self involved as to come right around and cement itself as possibly the finest piece of cinema ever created.

Youtube]

The Blind Side

My 10th post!

http://www.youtube.com/user/BrickfilmAnimation
The Ultimate Profile for Brickfilmers.

Brickfilm Animation wrote:

My 10th post!

I wouldn't get too excited; 7 out of your 10 posts have been deleted for being spam.  mini/confused

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Very original name.

Ludvig wrote:

Very original name.

I agree.

- Legoluke

YouTube | Vimeo

SLEEP IS AN IRRESISTIBLE FORCE - BrickLord

Brickyman wrote:

You are joking right?

No really..

Guys, he IS joking isn't he?..

YOU DON'T KNOOW ME

SquareShapedSoftness wrote:

Of course he's not joking, Superman Returns is the greatest, nay the quintessential superhero movie.
In fact, to call it simply a movie would not do such an art form justice.
This movie has transcended mere boring self involved nonsense to be SO boring and SO self involved as to come right around and cement itself as possibly the finest piece of cinema ever created.

This.

Jason and the argonauts.
Totally awesome mini/XD I seriously loved this movie. The stop motion in it was EPIC.

Spoiler (click to read)

And when Poseidon jumped out of the see WTF

Pooping awesome 5/5

Clash of the titans.

WOW, what an epic movie. This was so good. The monsters were awesome, MEDUSA was freaking scary, the Kraken was amazing. The stop-motion was awesome here also. And Calibus was such an awesome character !
Pooping awesome also 5/5

If I had to choose between the two, I'm not sure. They're both incredible ... I'd say Clash of the titans, Calibus was such an awesome Character (+ boobs)

Does anyone else know films like these ? I love the genre and style. Greek mythology rules. Please tell me