Re: What was the last movie you watched?

Repomen

At first, the movie seems like your typical future sci-fi action movie, and it kind of is. However, during the film, we see a change in pace as well as characters evolving. It does follow a typical character arc, but the setting and circumstances make it feel fresh. There is very little of that cliche action movie lines, but there are some. The ending was such a twist that it you have to see it for yourself.

Although be warned, this movie is really gory, it makes Saw looks childish.

Hot Fuzz

Dang that movie rocks.

Next
I gave Nicholas Cage one more chance but no, he failed me again! I give it, -42378/10

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

Fantastic. This is what theater movies should be like, a fun-filled-imaginary-fairy-tale-land-of-mystery-and-fun film. I had the good fortune to get to see in the cinema at the last minute (at a very cheap price I might add), and let me tell you, this is definitely a theater movie. So fun, you really had no idea what you would see next, and who you would see play Heath Ledger's part next! That was interesting. The casting was so great in this movie too, the acting was great by everybody but I have to say, Tom Waits did kind of steal the show there. He plays such a fantastic villain. I loved the story too, it was surprising and had a feel good end. This is one of Terry Gilliam's best. Even the over-the-top CGI didn't bother me too much, because it was so creative and seemed like it was coming directly from Terry Gilliam's head. Anyways, putting aside how much I adored the movie, there were a few things that didn't agree with me, very few though. At points it seemed a bit hard to follow and you really had to pay attention, but even still it was hard to follow because then you couldn't really hear or tell what they were saying! That kind of bugged me. And the story did get a bit confusing, but I still really liked the story. I loved how sometimes Christopher Plummer might say something really intriguing. He would have made a great Dumbledore! mini/bigsmile
Anyway, you can say this film is highly recommended by filmyguy. Obviously.

4/5

The Frighteners

definatly a Peter Jackson - Zemeckis Co-up.
It blends with the childfriendly persons and tone of Zemeckis with Peter jackson twisting scary atmopshere and dark humor. It works a bit, but it isn't a masterpiece.

3,5/5

X-Men

Interesting, not bad but not unbelievable.

3,5/5

X2

Now that we have estableshed the characters in the previous film, we can get into The X-Men mini/smile
The movie really got me hooked on some characters (Not Wolverine though). It's another great example how sociaty reacts on stuff that is differant, Magneto feels sorta that way when he was in the Nazi death camps. I would love to see a decent origins film out of that.
For the rest the movie was differant and is the best X-men movie to date.

4/5

X Men: The Last Stand

Why a differant director I don't know, it was decent, although some holes in places but a good enough ending of a trilogy.

3/5

Ben X

Last time I was really moved by a film like this was "Dancer In The Dark", wich is my all time favorite movie. Ben X is about a teenage boy called Ben who is authistic, wich in results in him being picked on in school for being differant than the other students, it sounds like a sad already been done before movie, but this one is really realistic. I know what it's like being picked on for being a bit differant, and the character Ben truly showed what he was going trough, and I recognized those feelings of being picked on. I could understand what he was going trough, if you are never picked on you can't understand Ben.
Ben also is lost himself in an online computer game where he can be someone, I also can relate to that, I remember feeling like nothing until I found this Brickfilm online community where I could feel like being part of something great, being importent and recognized for something your good that while people just look trough you. This film definatly enters as one of my all time favorites.
If you can get emotionally into a movie, you'll cry like a baby at the end.

5/5

-Darkman

https://i.imgur.com/C9qJKA8.jpg
youtube]                   Twitter]

Fight Club

Spoiler (click to read)

I'll put this in a spoiler tag because knowing there's a twist ruins a movie.
This was my second viewing, so I knew the twist. When you know the twist, you realize how superbly written it is. There are all these little things you don't get the first time around. Everything worked with the twist. It was like a revelation when it is revealed.
Speaking of twists, did anyone else think that "Luke, I am your father" was a pretty half-assed twist? It just came out of nowhere. With Fight Club, the entire story was built on the twist, but in Star Wars, it was as if George Lucas just thought, "Hey, Darth Vader could be his father, that would be cool"

Honeymoon in Vegas

Don't ask why.

Actually, it might have been Dark City.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Me And JackpodyDK, just went in and watched Avatar In 3D, man make's Blu-Ray like an good ol' silent film. i would wish that the "Red Baron" was made in 3D though, i just watched that movie too, and THAT would be a great 3D Film, just imagine the planes flying over your head... mini/eek

Ohhh! I slapped my leg but it's actually my balls!- Hal.

UP

Wonderful pixar-movie. But after all the great reviews I expected even more..
4.5/5

The good, the bad and the ugly.

Wow, what an awesome spaghetti western. Loved it.

5/5

Ben-Hur

This movie is epic. It's 3.5 hours but a really good movie.

5/5

I recently watched: Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs.

It wasn't aat all what I expected it to be, I thought it was going to be a really lame Pixar fail. BUt I was proven wrong a thousand fold! That movie is damn funny! Everything about it is great! I give it a 4.7/5!

Lamplight wrote:

I recently watched: Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs.

It wasn't aat all what I expected it to be, I thought it was going to be a really lame Pixar fail. BUt I was proven wrong a thousand fold! That movie is damn funny! Everything about it is great! I give it a 4.7/5!

Erm, you do know that Pixar was not involved at all in that film, right?

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

Pixar never fails, dreamworks does, but they make more movies.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Two words: Bloody awful (pun fully intended, and pardon my language). It's like they took every single thing that was plot important and threw it out in favour of the filler (which as I recall made me want to pull out my own teeth originally), to the point where the genuinely awesome part was so jarring it wasn't even funny (think 'towering inferno' and you'll know what I mean). They also altered the other awesome scene in the whole book and turned it into a damp squid. Have these people not seen Alan Rickman in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves? He would have chewed that scene up and had the ones afterwards for dessert despite the fact he's not in any of them.

We only paid £5 for it, but my mum said afterwards it was a waste of a fiver, let alone the full price.

Rejecting reality since 2000. mini/bigsmile

UniBlog | DA

Looney Toons: Back in Action

A big bowlful of meh.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

Airplane!
I Laughed so hard.  Racist, stupid, and downright lung shattering.
If you're not laughing super hard, rethink your life.

I would however, like to state that you should be at least 14 before watching it. (For the kids on this site.)

Last edited by bloogyo (March 21, 2010 (07:40am))

Bloonimation wrote:

Airplane!
I Laughed so hard.  Racist, stupid, and downright lung shattering.
If you're not laughing super hard, rethink your life.

I would however, like to state that you should at least 14 before watching it. (For the kids on this site.)

That movie is quite funny.
- Aaron

Blue wrote:

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Two words: Bloody awful (pun fully intended, and pardon my language). It's like they took every single thing that was plot important and threw it out in favour of the filler (which as I recall made me want to pull out my own teeth originally), to the point where the genuinely awesome part was so jarring it wasn't even funny (think 'towering inferno' and you'll know what I mean). They also altered the other awesome scene in the whole book and turned it into a damp squid. Have these people not seen Alan Rickman in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves? He would have chewed that scene up and had the ones afterwards for dessert despite the fact he's not in any of them.

We only paid £5 for it, but my mum said afterwards it was a waste of a fiver, let alone the full price.

It still just is a movie adapted from a great book.

https://i.imgur.com/C9qJKA8.jpg
youtube]                   Twitter]

30 Days of Night

A rather good horror movie.

11:41 Hazzat NO FUN ALLOWED IN BRICKFILMING COMMUNITY

It was nothing special.

Spoiler (click to read)

And I can't believe that none of the main characters died. Not ONE! Well.....I suppose almost 7 billion other people died, but those don't matter, haha.

3/5

UP

LOLWUTTF

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

LOLWUTTF
3.7/5