Re: Lego Film Documentry (Need Help)

JedGrant/AnimationStudios wrote:

sorry buddy, yours ain't coming through, what did you label it as?

LASF wrote:

Did you receive mine?

I sent it as a reply, but I just forwarded it as "LASF's Signed Contract (RESENT)".

The first one definitely went through. Check to make sure you have it, but I resent the email in case.

I am currently working on a research paper for English class about brickfilming, I could send you a link to it when I'm done. I also have done a lot of research into the past of brickfilming in my free time and would be glad to share with you some good sources.

don't worry buddy, i got it at last, thank you for your contribution

LASF wrote:

sorry buddy, yours ain't coming through, what did you label it as?

LASF wrote:

Did you receive mine?

I sent it as a reply, but I just forwarded it as "LASF's Signed Contract (RESENT)".

The first one definitely went through. Check to make sure you have it, but I resent the email in case.

that could actually help me in the production of the film, if you can get it finished, i will add you as a screen writer in the credits

END films wrote:

I am currently working on a research paper for English class about brickfilming, I could send you a link to it when I'm done. I also have done a lot of research into the past of brickfilming in my free time and would be glad to share with you some good sources.

that could actually help me in the production of the film, if you can get it finished, i will add you as a screen writer in the credits

END films wrote:

Did you find the sources I sent you helpful? Are there any more particular types of sources you need?

nah buddy, this is all good stuff, thank you very much for the help

END films wrote:

END films wrote:

Did you find the sources I sent you helpful? Are there any more particular types of sources you need?

a quick message, to all the guys who have already signed their contracts, can you send me an email to your youtube channels, just it saves time searching the sites for your videos and makes the production a hell of a lot easier, you should all know my email by now, [email protected], send the links as soon as possible, only the people who have signed the contract though, thank you:)

Will we get to see the finished documentary?

a quick message, to all the guys who have already signed their contracts, can you send me an email to your youtube channels, just it saves time searching the sites for your videos and makes the production a hell of a lot easier, you should all know my email by now, [email protected], send the links as soon as possible, only the people who have signed the contract though, thank you:)

My YouTube channel.

i will upload the finished video on the 22nd of may after the film has been premiered to my college co workers and tutors

Cool! mini/bigsmile

Well guys, after weeks of working my ass off, i've finally done it, here is the documentary you have all been waiting for, thank you all so much for helping out, i really appreciate it. Here's the link, enjoy, comment and subscribe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz7obrBnVto

That was really cool! The brickfilming part had a bit of light flicker, but it was really good. You put me in the credits, but I didn't see my film.

Well done, Jed! That was truly fantastic.

So the Studios theme didn't exist?

Surely those three first brickfilms have been put on YouTube a lot later than 2005, when Brickfilming only just began to catch on to YouTube. The Studios theme was centered around Brickfilming and even had a set with a camera and props to get younger people to brickfilm, and that's what majorly kickstarted the film genre, back in the early 2000's. From there on, people started making more brickfilms and when YouTube was launched, started promoting them there.

Jed, you're making it look like those people watched The Magic Portal and got inspired by that, yet it's rather likely they just got a Studios set and started off there. It's just not logical, and it's a bit of a bummer for me that the documentary goes on with the first thought.

Besides that, i really liked the presentation and it was a very nice documentary.

signature

It looks great!
It did have a few mis-steps, but it was still well put together, informative, and fun.

You could have interviewed some more big names in brickfilming such as Fallentomato/NightlyNewsandNine, Our own dear, wonderful Smeagol, Mobiledeli, Ect...But again, I'm sure you wanted to keep things more concise. That being said, while I've seen his work, what made you choose to interview Bricktease? Nothing against him for sure, and please don't take this the wrong way, but it seems if you could only pick two that you'd go with a much bigger name for the second person.

Anyway, I like how you did the interviews in Lego, since you couldn't in person. The mouth animation is well done, but the basic set and lack of animation could have seen some improvement. And it was nice to see that you looked hard enough to see that the Magic Portal wasn't the first brickfilm ever. You did miss some things, (Lego Studios, a bit of detail on BF.com/BiM, and brickfilming pre-Youtube) but you did a good job on what you did hit, and I wish you the best of grades on this project. I'm sure it'll do well.

Also, the letter for Lego was a great touch, I'm glad you waited on an answer about that.

I know, i missed out the Lego studios part, but this was a college project which had to last seven minutes and i couldn't squeeze that part in unfortunately. Maybe one day i will be able to remake this documentary, but for now, its best if i just let it be, you know

Thanks a ton for including me in the credits and video description.
It was a very cool and interesting documentary.

OsomStudios

Last edited by osomstudios (May 24, 2014 (09:24am))

This world is a dark place. One day I will see my Savior face to face.
My Youtube

That was very well done! Sure there were a few faults here and there, but for a college project I was impressed.

WIll watch later 2day!

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

Hey! Just watched it.  There were significant sound issues, but other than that, this was solidly written and the layout of everything was well-thought out.  Good job.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."