Re: 2015: The Contest

can the production logs be on here? If so, where?
Edit: I just don't know where you want them to be.

Twitter | Instagram | YouTube Channel | Tumblr | My Weekly Film Podcast!
"For I am NOT ashamed of the Gospel of Christ" - Romans 1:16

jampot wrote:
GEF wrote:

The aim is very clear, you did a great job setting up the main post.

One question, just for the future, where do I post plot synopsis, pictures, complete plot, ect?

Thanks mini/smile

I will work something out closer to the time. You won't need to upload any of it until the very end.

Ok, thanks.

A year and a half? Shoot, that's plenty of time.

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

I was thinking of animating a really cool Welcome to Darkmoor trailer without using any content from the actual film, but it's a shame that there are a few too many constraints to submit it to this.
Oh well!  I'll just make it anyway.

I'll make sure to enter 3 entries. Each one a different genre.

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

I wrote a short Article about this over at Brickflickers.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Thanks for the mention! I understand the issues with the deadline, and that's something I was toying with for a long while. I came up with the contest in early November and was originally going to upload it sometime around July, but I thought there'd be a greater chance of drumming up interest if there was sufficient time that people could make an entry whilst not having to cut back on their own brickfilming projects. That said if the deadline continues to be an issue - which it may well do, and I will be evaluating this in the coming weeks - I may work out a new deadline that ties better into my as-yet-unpublished ideas for the possible 2015 Festival.

What do the people think? Should I change the deadline, make it sooner? Perhaps mid-December?

Also Onion, I'd be more than happy to do a statement/interview about this or about teh BFCU, though you seem to be doing well for content without.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

I like the current deadline. As you said it allows for it not to interfere with other projects that much.

END films wrote:

I like the current deadline. As you said it allows for it not to interfere with other projects that much.

I agree. It gives me time to work hard on an entry.

no more brickfilming *sad face*.

PushOverProductions wrote:
END films wrote:

I agree. It gives me time to work hard on an entry.

I agree, this deadline is good.

Personally I think it is too long, but there's no need to change it. Although it's kinda ridiculous, it gives enough time to perfect everything.

Chris W. wrote:

Personally I think it is too long, but there's no need to change it. Although it's kinda ridiculous, it gives enough time to perfect everything.

That's the idea. mini/wink

This contest sounds like a lot of fun and I hope to be able to participate. With the current deadline I don't see that being a problem. The deadline is fine as it is to me.
Been wanting to do an original story on a grander scale for sometime but now this contest comes around and really gets me wanting to start sooner than later.

So yeah I'm excited! mini/bigsmile

Is it possible to submit more than one entry?

If you like, yes, although you should probably put all your effort into making one entry excellent rather than spreading yourself thin over several.

"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Heheh mini/lol I was just curious, I'd rather get better at brickfilms than make a bunch of entries.
I do have a lot of free time though....

Uhm... I don't fully understand two things:
- the videologs are optional? And if I they are not, can I do the first one later than March? (because at that point I may won't have done much...)
- Where and how am I supposed to send stuff?
Sorry for being uncomprehensive,  you where very clear on everything. Just I have my limits (do I?)

LegoStudiosP wrote:

Uhm... I don't fully understand two things:
- the videologs are optional? And if I they are not, can I do the first one later than March? (because at that point I may won't have done much...)
- Where and how am I supposed to send stuff?
Sorry for being uncomprehensive,  you where very clear on everything. Just I have my limits (do I?)

To answer your questions: yes they're optional, March is a suggestion and you can upload one whenever you like, and if you read the first page I say that you upload it to a YouTube or Vimeo account the day before but keep it private until the day of the deadline - you don't need to actually send anything to anyone. I'm still working on where the plot outlines go, but they'll probably be in your video upload's description. Hope this helps!

A really last question... can we upload two videos for one entry? I mean, I was doing a faux-trailer, but I found an issue in my plot: I found an important concept really hard to explain in as If I was just showing the scene I have in mind, where it's all explained. I wondered if I could post the movie trailer and this scene as reference for the plot. I say this because you
written in the text that you don't want to complicated things. As if read from the plot it does seem a complicated thing while it isn't, if seen in the scene itself. So, again: Can I post a video as an entry (in this case a Trailer), and show another video as a reference to the plot (in this case, a scene)?
Sorry for staying here asking strange and stupid questions noone asked, but I just have to understand certain stuff...

You can make more than one, but ultimately only one can be submitted to the contest. If you did, say, make a trailer and a scene, but chose to only submit the trailer, you wouldn't be disqualified for having done the trailer. Likewise, having done a scene as well would not give you a greater chance over anyone else. However, the plot must be clear in the one you submit as the other will not be taken into account for this contest - the judges won't even watch the second video until afterwards so that it doesn't affect their decision. Does this help?