Re: Knights' Kingdom film in preproduction/update thread

I'm glad you like the sound of this Generalned, that's what I'm hoping for!  The more people looking forward to this the better. 
I'm getting close to done with the script I think, it's taking forever because of school and work but I am doing it. 
I'm really not sure when I'll have a casting call, whenever I'm done with the script most likely, I don't really have an accurate estimate. 
Thanks for your interest!

No worries man it is a great project, and I applaud you for thinking of it and fair enough, I just have a question to ask which I am really eager to know, will be there be a narrator for this? I honestly think a narrator for possibly the start of your film or throughout some parts of the film will make it alot better, but of course this is personal preference but if you do decide on having it narrated in either the beginning or other parts, I'd love to try out for it!

Kind regards,
Generalned

Moderator Notice: This user has been banned for mass vandalism of the Brikifilms wiki.]
"You don't know what you have till you lose it, but then when you realize it, it's probably to late.."
Working on a better community
Proverbs 26:21

Right now in my script there is a narrator needed for a few voiceover sections.  Whether or not the narrator will still be there when I'm entirely done with the script...I don't know, it kind of depends on how the character dialog works out.
Of course, feel free to audition for any characters you wish once the casting call is out!

Uhm, question: at what point are you? I mean, did you complete the script, have done some more pre-production? just because, as I saw you where doing a Knights Kingdom movie, I changed up my mind so now I'll do something like a spin-off, like 20-40 years later, or, as I read you're not interested in doing it, the storyline from the 2008-9 times (the third line), and that I'm farly more interested in doing than doing the first ones, soo... thats kinda the reason. I can't do an unofficial spin-off or sequel until the original work exists. (another reason for you to make the movie!)

LegoStudiosP wrote:

Uhm, question: at what point are you? I mean, did you complete the script, have done some more pre-production? just because, as I saw you where doing a Knights Kingdom movie, I changed up my mind so now I'll do something like a spin-off, like 20-40 years later, or, as I read you're not interested in doing it, the storyline from the 2008-9 times (the third line), and that I'm farly more interested in doing than doing the first ones, soo... thats kinda the reason. I can't do an unofficial spin-off or sequel until the original work exists. (another reason for you to make the movie!)

Well, I'm not entirely finished with the script.  Real life has gotten very busy for me lately between being behind in schoolwork, having French and piano (not really schoolwork), working as a cashier and teaching swim lessons, and having swim practice 3 hours a day, I'm so busy these days I'm barely hanging on with my normal stuff.  As I can, I'm slowly adding to the script but I'm not done with it yet, I've started some very basic set designs for a few things I know I'll need, and I've written a main theme for the movie on the piano. 

So it's very slow.  I completely intend to finish this, I'm not giving up or anything, it'll just take time.  I don't expect to be able to actually start filming until summer.

Because it will be a while, if you want to go ahead and make your film it should be fine as long as you don't stray from the original story that LEGO has since that's what I'm doing.  If you do go ahead with it I can read through the script when it's finished, if you like.

JonnDthunDer wrote:
LegoStudiosP wrote:

Well, I'm not entirely finished with the script.  Real life has gotten very busy for me lately between being behind in schoolwork, having French and piano (not really schoolwork), working as a cashier and teaching swim lessons, and having swim practice 3 hours a day, I'm so busy these days I'm barely hanging on with my normal stuff.  As I can, I'm slowly adding to the script but I'm not done with it yet, I've started some very basic set designs for a few things I know I'll need, and I've written a main theme for the movie on the piano. 

So it's very slow.  I completely intend to finish this, I'm not giving up or anything, it'll just take time.  I don't expect to be able to actually start filming until summer.

Because it will be a while, if you want to go ahead and make your film it should be fine as long as you don't stray from the original story that LEGO has since that's what I'm doing.  If you do go ahead with it I can read through the script when it's finished, if you like.

uhh, I was enfatyzing a little the storyline, as the Mistlands are strange and misterious lands, with also trying to include the pass, as there was no battle at a pass in the story, but lego made the set

Wow, it's been a while.  Sorry to dredge this up from halfway down the page, but I think it's high time for an update. 

I've got a lot of things going on this summer between work, schoolwork that I'll be doing over the summer, an online filmmaking course I'm taking, and a live action short film made for a contest and I just can't put that much time into this currently.  I will continue to work on it off and on when I feel I can dedicate some time to it, but it's going to be a long project.  Like one of those 2-3 year projects, probably.  I may still be able to start filming this summer, but I can't guarantee it, especially since I haven't finished with the screenplay yet.

This is still something I'll be working on, I still want to finish it, just not as soon as I had hoped.  Hopefully no one made it their life dream to watch my Knights' Kingdom film this year.