Topic: [BRAWL 2013] Homefront

Directory Link

[BRAWL 2013] Homefront

YouTube

An entry into BRAWL 2013.

(And although I accidentaly posted this topic this two minutes early, I deleted the link until after the deadline. Promise.)

Last edited by Chris W. (August 3, 2013 (04:03pm))

Re: [BRAWL 2013] Homefront

Wow, the first one uploaded to the Forums! This is a great one, Chris!

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

That was absolutely amazing.
One of my favourite brickfilms in years, and one of the only ones I can remember that conveyed strong emotion.
And oh god the ending was brilliant.

Chris I love you.

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

I'm proud to have helped with this, nice work Chris!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

Whoa, I really like the camera work and the war setting.
The interpretation of the theme is also quite good.

Like I said before Chris, I'm just awe-struck, it was so creative and the best take on the theme yet. It was stylish, original, short yet perfect in pretty much every way. You've come so far since 'Clean-up Day' in 2011. Keep on animating, because you're honestly so talented.

a 1st place entry imo, still have to see some more first though.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

I'm commenting again just to say how much I love this wow

Wow I love you let's make out

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

Wow, thank you all so much for your feedback! I put a lot of hard work into this film so I'm glad it seems to be paying off. mini/smile

I also will be uploading a BRAWLumentary soon too.

Nice!
The war-time images vs the revealed ones really make a great contrast, and I love the twist.
It's a very good, and very serious take on the theme, and you've pulled it off very well.
You also did a great job on the pacing, as it felt much longer than a minute and a half.

I love it, fantastic job.

I'm just going to second everything everyone else has said, since I can't really say it any better. Great job, Chris!

Very good. The shakycam was a bit much, but you executed the concept very well.

Short and simple, but very well-executed. Of the entries so far, this has the best and most subtle interpretation of the theme.

Wow! Very nice! Wasn't exactly what I expected, but I still liked it! I'm sure this'll get in the top 6.

This was excellent. One of my favorite entries so far. It leaves you at the end with something to think about it. Great job executing this concept, very powerful. The only major issue I had with it was the voice audio... it stuck out really sharply because of the room it was recorded in and the type of mic that was used. Still, it wasn't enough to stop this short from delivering. Keep up the wonderful work!

Just watched it, I just saw you reached third place. Since I liked it, I felt I had to say something, although there is not much I can say.
That was brilliant, you deserved third place and more.
The ending was fantastic, probably the most mature entry that I have seen (which isn't very much, actually), and my favourite. 5/5

This was kinda like if Apocalypse Now and The Hurt Locker were squashed into a nice juicy minute.

I would complain about the runtime, but honestly - any longer and it would have lost its impact.

YouTube
Max, She/They