Re: THAC X is coming soon!

I can do voices for people during THAC, since I really don't think I'll be able to enter based on time and the excess of natural light during the day in my current animating location. It starts at 4 a.m. for me, so I probably won't be awake until at least a few hours in. mini/smile

I'm going to enter, even though I won't win. It'll be fun to compete! mini/bigsmile

Are we allowed to use copyrighted music in this?

I was thinking of using music from the old Harry Potter games, since I have it all saved on my computer, and there are quite a bunch of good pieces among them, perfect for all sorts of situations.

Yes, you may. We don't expect you to write a whole new score within the time limit!

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

If the anouncement is delayed will the deadline be pushed back?
And also how do you enter? Do you just put it on youtube and post a link or do we email it to you?

Last edited by END films (December 23, 2012 (05:39pm))

We're taking measures to make sure the announcement won't be delayed this year.

That said, in the past the deadline has been pushed back when the announcement was late.

Guess who's entering?

This kid.

When I am done with my entry, do post it as a private clip on youtube and send the link or do I send the whole film as a file?

Yes! I finally get to enter my first THAC! mini/bigsmile

Looks fun.  Think I'll give it a shot.  Great to see Hazzat, Squash, and some of the long time BiMers still on here.

Anyone know approximately how many cups of coffee it'll take to get me through the night?

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

Unfortunately I have to work part of the day and will need to be up early the next morning so I probably won't be participating... I may be open for voicing though depending on my schedule. I may swing by the chat or Skype group whenever I get a chance.

Repelling Spider wrote:

Unfortunately I have to work part of the day and will need to be up early the next morning so I probably won't be participating... I may be open for voicing though depending on my schedule. I may swing by the chat or Skype group whenever I get a chance.

Theres a skype group! Wow... Who's in it? Btw I'm a big fan of your work, your animation skills are amazing, not to mention your plot developments (in the longer films). Merry Chistmas mini/smile

"With those bricks we know and love, anything is a possibility!"-Smoky Air Studios

It starts near midnight for me, I'll be missing out on the first 9 hours! And I will ot be able to complete it from 9pm-11 pm (the deadline next day) so I'll be wasting alot. So in all, I'll have much less than 13 hours to complete it, however, I could do it if my Mum doesn't make me go anywhere so I won't have distrac.... It'll be on a Sunday. And I am always away from home on Sundays... CRAP! (I'm Australian so I'm a day ahead) I WANTED TO ENTER mini/sad

"With those bricks we know and love, anything is a possibility!"-Smoky Air Studios

Nasrsarian wrote:

Theres a skype group! Wow... Who's in it? Btw I'm a big fan of your work, your animation skills are amazing, not to mention your plot developments (in the longer films). Merry Chistmas mini/smile

If you want to be in the skype group just add one of the brickfilmer's who's entering on skype and we'll put you in it. My skype name is moviefigure by the way.

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

jstudios wrote:
Nasrsarian wrote:

If you want to be in the skype group just add one of the brickfilmer's who's entering on skype and we'll put you in it. My skype name is moviefigure by the way.

Ok thanks mini/smile

If you don't have/like Skype, remember we have a #brickfilms IRC channel (chatroom). You can find the link to it just below "Other Films" in the forum index.

Starts at 10pm her in Australia for me, which means an all-nighter. Why would you waste precious time sleeping for half the contest?

mini/smile

I have about 300 frames on a pre-THAC test montage to get into the swing of things. I'll probably put it out tomorrow when it's done.

How is submission going to work the time around? Does the YouTube video have to be unlisted? And will we PM you or do we send an E-mail?

YouTube or Vimeo, sent via email. And yes, your video will have to be unlisted until the 24 hours are up.