Topic: The Gravity Falls Discussion Thread

"Welcome to a world of mystery!"

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/357/213/044.jpg
This is the place here on BiM to discuss Gravity Falls, a fairly new Disney cartoon.
Some people have said that Disney channel cartoons aren't that good, but this one is much better (many will agree).

The Main Characters:
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120628022545/gravityfalls/images/1/16/Main_characters_of_Gravity_Falls.png

More information about the show can be found on Know Your Meme (see Resources section below).

Resources:
Know Your Meme entry
Know Your Meme general thread
A place to watch the episodes
Gravity Falls Wiki
Gravity Falls Wikipedia page
A handy dandy decoder/encoder for the secret messages near the end of the credits in every episode. Episodes 7 through 13 use the Atbash cipher; a decoder/encoder is on the same site, it's in the index on the right. Episodes 14 and on use the Letter Numbers code, also in the index.

Last edited by minifig051 (March 10, 2013 (01:45pm))

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

Re: The Gravity Falls Discussion Thread

Ive seen about one episode, I personally don't care for it, but who knows. mini/smile

~Hal

In my opinion, this show is different from most of the shows on the Disney Channel. It's not overrun with flirting and lipstick, it has just the right amount of bodily function humor, and it has such a great storyline.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Gravity Falls is irresistible.
I really love this show, and everyone should see it.
The animation is absolutely fantastic, the jokes are hilarious, and MABEL IS SO WONDERFUL.
I especially love its clever references, and how they have stuff connecting episodes, like the giant time baby.

A few episodes ago, someone got trapped in an arcade game, the actual machine, not the program, and the game was called "Nort" which is Tron backwards. Hehe xD

I love this show! mini/bigsmile

I really enjoy this show, it's definitely a really big step in the right direction for Disney, and hopefully we see more of this quality from them in the future. And yes, I still actively watch cartoons in college, deal with it. mini/smile

I have watched two episodes and it's fun and amazing. mini/smile

Backyard, men watch mlp, it's not hard to imagine a young adult watching cartoons. mini/tongue

"Of The Pond Films"
*funny quote here*   Youtube | Steam | Facebook

I have never seen it. Probably should get caught up on tv... And this site... and brickfilming...

Hmm, I feel like I should disregard my previous comment. mini/lol

~Hal

Gravity Falls is my favorite cartoon on television right now.

This show is amazing. No doubt. I had the same reaction that to my brother did at first glance: "Wow, that looks stupid". Except the difference is that I watched it and now love it.

It seems like they haven't had a new episode in a month. I hope they haven't cancelled the series. mini/blankexpression

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Mickey wrote:

It seems like they haven't had a new episode in a month. I hope they haven't cancelled the series. mini/blankexpression

They haven't.
Alex Hirsch said on Twitter that there's "a wrench in the works at programming".
I think the wrench is Disney focusing on buying Lucasfilm.

It's speculated that the next one (titled Boss Mabel) will come in December.
Here's it's Wiki page.

Watched episode 3 (I tend to watch series slowly with my schedule), bouy boyeee! I'm really enjoying it. mini/smile

"Of The Pond Films"

I was fiddling around with the intro at school today, and one of the things I did with it was reverse it.
The theme music sounds good reversed!
I found a video someone else did: Here.

As part of my messing around, I put the reversed audio over the normal video, and switched the beginning and the end of the audio (to make it flow better). I think I'll upload it sometime.

Gravity Falls is really great, I love it a whole lot.

Looking forward to the next episode (which is titled "Boss Mabel", oh man oh man oh man)

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

"The Multi-Bear is a nice guy...." mini/lol

"Of The Pond Films"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … xci8d01XqY

I'm not sure whether to post this in the MLP thread or the Gravity Falls thread. So how about both?

Click pig or you're fired. Seriously though, click to see some fun screenshots I took. mini/XD
http://i.imgur.com/IN46h.jpg

"Of The Pond Films"

Alex Hirsch just made a tweet about when we'll get a new episode.

Unfortunately, it won't be until early next year. mini/tongue But that's not too long, next years is next month.