Re: Brickfilm Wiki

I believe that's the point of a wiki, to make it as accurate as possible, so yes, correcting grammar, spelling, punctuation etc. should be fine.

I don't make Brickfilms. I trade virtual hats.

*rubs hands together*
I'll get to it then.
EDIT: I added some more to the Bricks In Motion article, it needs some more work, someone else can do that, I'm finished for the night. http://legobrickfilm.wikia.com/wiki/Bricks_in_Motion
Oh, yes, I encountered a major glitch with setting bullets, it messed it all up, so I was forced to use numbering. Maybe someone else can change it back to bullets? I would hope that the glitch doesn't happen to other people. What the glitch is, it just messes all the bullets up, and also puts heaps of </i> behind the text. Just so everyone knows.

Last edited by rogeralans (August 3, 2012 (06:54am))

http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t408/Rogeralans/LOGOsigOfficial_zpscdbbba00.png

Can you really "adopt" the wiki with permission from the owner?

I created the BiM article but wasn't able to finish. And you just go onto the Comunity Wikia an apply for adoption

It's exciting to see everyone getting on board with fixing the Lego Brickfilm wiki.

However would it be better to fix another Jurassic Brick admined wiki: http://brickfilm.wikia.com/ instead?

This simply because of the name not mentioning the LEGO brand and personally I think it sounds like a better name for 'the ultimate brickfilm database'. mini/smile

EDIT: Oh and about listing individial films I think only significant films such as The Magic Portal should have a whole page.

Last edited by BoatsAreRockable (August 3, 2012 (03:15pm))

Boats Animator
Free stop motion software with 1080p support!
YouTubeBrickfilms WikiBoats Animator

I agree with the idea of using a different wiki. That said, we should remember that Cynthia Price of Brickfilms.com still owns the "Brickfilm" trademark and has threatened legal action against us in the past for using the name in a site title. I think it's unlikely that she would do it again now that they seem to have backed away from their own site, but there's always the possibility.

Well, while waiting for a response from Jurassicbrick (which I don't think I'm going to get), I went ahead and made another wiki for brickfilming: brickfilming.wikia.com. It's almost as up to date as the Brickfilm Wiki was already. mini/tongue

Genzarata wrote:

The featured article for August is a ForrestFire film. Oh dear.

I know. This whole site is full of LEGO Harry Potter and Star Wars. Not a trace of good stuff like David Pagano or Unrenewable...good gravy!

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

I think we need to have some sort of universal agreement on which wiki to work on.

So there is:
•Jurassicbrick's Legobrickfilm.wikia.com which has the most articles but an inactive administration and mentions the LEGO brand in its name

• Jurassicbrick's brickfilm.wikia.com which has the superior username, although there is a slim chance of Brickfilms LLC of complaining and again an inactive admin.

• Mighty Wanderer's brickfilming.wikia.com which has an alright name and the benefit of someone who is active with admin rights.

Personally I think Mighty Wanderer's wiki should be 'the' brickfilming wiki

Boats Animator

Could I (or somebody) maybe make an entry on the history of Brickfilm sites, possibly doing a quick summary of this excellent article. I could do it, seeing as I read the entire thing (it's not that long) and have done quite a bit of research about it, I love history so it seemed obvious that a few months ago, when I got into brickfilming seriously, I should know its history, but it was difficult to find anything as most people don't like mentioning it....Which is exactly why there should be some easy way to access these resources today, right? I don't really know if I made any sense there, but whatever, sorry.

I say MW's wiki. The only thing is, I spent a lot of time on that article... mini/tongue

http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t408/Rogeralans/LOGOsigOfficial_zpscdbbba00.png

Let us not forget BiM's shiny, fun and exciting Resources Section! It's fun AND profitable.

rogeralans wrote:

I say MW's wiki. The only thing is, I spent a lot of time on that article... mini/tongue

Well there's always copy and paste mini/wink I was thinking that we could take some of the best parts of the other wikis and put them into MW's

Boats Animator

Same. May I go ahead and make that article?
EDIT: Oops, it's already there. May I copy what is in the other article over? It is a bit empty.
And @Jargon, I see what you're saying, but the resources section doesn't really cover things like the history, the brickfilms, etc. Plus, a wiki would be cool. mini/lol

Last edited by rogeralans (August 4, 2012 (02:02am))

MW's wiki for the win! Yeah, so edit that now please.

If MW is okay with it, I shall do it as soon as possible.
BTW, are there any other articles to copy over? Because there wasn't many good articles in the orginal one.

Last edited by rogeralans (August 4, 2012 (04:11pm))

That's fine! go ahead and edit. mini/wink

Edit: One thing I found out, though, is that I, as the admin, am the only one who can edit the navigation bar. So if you want to suggest something, or want me to redo it, you'll have contact me either via the wiki or here.

Last edited by Mighty Wanderer (August 4, 2012 (04:14pm))

1) Cool idea.
2) Please don't forget to CITE YOUR SOURCES (glob I sound like my teacher)
3) I think that if an individual brickfilm is significant enough there should be an article on it. e.c. Tcoty or Pirates Rule. Not fanboy brickfilms but actual masterpieces. And if a vain little whippersnapper goes and writes half-baked articles about his brickfilms that don't matter too much and aren't famous we can delete or merge them.
Since the wiki is run by the people who it is about essentially, we must be very careful that it doesn't just turn into a social network site where you say you are writing an article on yourself but it just turns into a "profile" or something useless. Unless you are a very famous brickfilmer you probably don't need a page on the thing.

I did the BiM article, and may I add to the competitions page?
I always try to get good information.

rogeralans wrote:

I did the BiM article, and may I add to the competitions page?
I always try to get good information.

Add as much as you like mini/smile The idea of a wiki is for a community of people to contribute to it.

Boats Animator