Topic: Archery!

Directory Link

Archery!

Thu Tuub

Made for the "Shooting a Bow/Arrow" Animation Challenge. Music by Machinimasound.com

Re: Archery!

I know it's not much, but could I get some feedback?

There was some light flicker, and the post-production camera movements should have been in-shot, but the "Pulling back of the bow" clip was great. It gave off the right illusion without any CGI or masking. The arrow size was very inconsistent, it started out slightly longer than the minifig's body is tall, and ended nearly the length of the whole fig.
The sound for shooting the bow was a little late, and the lack of sounds in general was odd. Also, why would the guy have fallen that way? And of course the guy went from arms out facing the bowman, to arms in facing the rock in about a second.

The actual shooting of the bow was pretty good, but the extra stuff just dragged the whole thing down.

Yeah, I didn't really know what else to use for the arrow. For the bow shooting sound, I don't know why it would be late, because I didn't actually show the guy shooting at all - the shooting was out-of-shot.

PritchardStudios wrote:

Also, why would the guy have fallen that way? And of course the guy went from arms out facing the bowman, to arms in facing the rock in about a second.

Well, what I was trying to have happen is the guy think he is shot, and fall over backwards, but it didn't work very well. xD

Props are absolutely wonderfull for that test/release and I like the minifig animations but yes, there are few light flicking parts in the end. The most visible light flicking part is "the arrow goes to the wall" and that part doesn't look very much animation. I'm not sure of that. Or maybe the problem is on my eyes. mini/lol But this video short is very good and the quality is great. I know your camera. It's LQP9000 and I know it's pretty good webcam. Keep going. mini/sunnies