Re: Developers/Programmers Needed! Let's create a stopmotion program!

I know it's case sensitive. I just was trying to ascertain that that's the right folder. However, CWStudios showed me his other repo for BISCUIT that is for the Mac. I'm downloading that now.

Now that I'm finished the downloading process, I built it and ran it, and the same problem, except I think it can't find EDSDK.framework.dylib. I can't find it anywhere either.

Unable to load library 'Macintosh/EDSDK_64/EDSDK.framework/Versions/A/EDSDK.framework': dlopen(libMacintosh/EDSDK_64/EDSDK.framework/Versions/A/EDSDK.framework.dylib, 9): image not found

Last edited by jasper (March 30, 2013 (04:38pm))

Yeah that's an issue caveman has been trying to resolve.

Okay. Thanks mini/smile

Is there anyway I can help?

Last edited by jasper (March 30, 2013 (04:46pm))

Well I don't know to much about the situation, but caveman thinks you might need to symlink the framework files I don't  know how to do this and it's not necessary on windows so maybe you could do some research and testing on that.

Well, forgive my ignorance, but I'm not exactly sure what EDSDK.framework does and why it's required. So if I try to symlink something, I don't know what.

Definitely the second from the left Repelling Spider, and the far left one is my second preference. Really like them!

I was thinking, maybe we should open a separate thread for the graphic design/branding components of the program, to give the actual coders some space to freely discuss what they're doing without having separate conversations in the way? Just a thought. mini/smile

Double post mini/rolleyes

Last edited by Carousel (March 30, 2013 (06:50pm))

tenny1028 wrote:

Well, forgive my ignorance, but I'm not exactly sure what EDSDK.framework does and why it's required. So if I try to symlink something, I don't know what.

The EDSDK is the canon supplied SDK, it lets you interact with the camera in a programmatic environment it's written in c/c++ consider it a .jar library.

Repelling Spider wrote:

Okay everyone, check out these variations and tell me which you like best.

IMO the second one on the left looks great. Clean and simple, thought I'm not sure I'm liking the face....it's still good.

http://i46.tinypic.com/vo24ow.png

Omg lol you guys actually did the face thing... I did not expect people to take my suggestion seriously mini/tongue
Actually, I thought of that because some of the shadows on the bread looked like a face and I thought how cute would that be if it had a face??
Also I think Mr Biscuit needs a shiny in his eyes, for 100% kawaiiness~!! /)^3^(\

EDIT: like this except gooder. Because I don't have illustrator so I can't properly add shinies mini/cat
http://i49.tinypic.com/iyhij4.jpg
guys i m literally creying from teh adrblness here

EDIT EDIT: So Mr. Spider asked a question about the size and placing of Mr Biscuit inside of the circle. I think that for the logo you should choose to do a smaller biscuit (so like, maybe the first one), but for like an app icon on the desktop/dock of your OS, I think that you should do the biggest size biscuit so people can tell what it is supposed to be at a glance (so maybe the second one, because it has no words. The words will be underneath the icon anyways)

Last edited by topit (March 30, 2013 (08:45pm))

I like the second one. Also I think we need to take carousels advice and send the graphic designers elsewhere.

cwstudios wrote:
tenny1028 wrote:

The EDSDK is the canon supplied SDK, it lets you interact with the camera in a programmatic environment it's written in c/c++ consider it a .jar library.

Okay, so I know that the EDSDK is a library, a bunch of code that Canon wrote so developers can use their cameras in the developers' applications. But what I don't get is EDSDK.framework.dylib. I can't tell whether it is a file, package, or what.

Maybe dylib is short for "Dynamic Library", but that still doesn't get me anywhere.

How did you get this code from Canon?

DYLIB file extension is an Xcode Dynamic Library file. I signed up at canons website.

Last edited by cwstudios (March 30, 2013 (09:16pm))

That's where I've seen the file. I remember seeing that type of file somewhere, I just couldn't remember. Okay… lessee… So, maybe… Hang on a second, I'm in my thinking mode. It's kinda hard to type my thoughts into a textbox because, well, they're too dynamic. It's especially hard to sum up my thoughts because I haven't gotten too a conclusion yet… wait what was that you're saying, keyboard? You want me to shut up? Well hang on a second, my thoughts on something like this are always this long. Sorry about that. My iPod is talking to me. mini/tongue

tenny1028 wrote:

they're too dynamic.

mini/lol

I'm serious about my thoughts being so dynamic. I you look it up, a dynamic object is characterized by constant change, activity, or progress.

Well, I'll look it up later tomorrow afternoon on my Mac to see what I can do. If you haven't synced your iPod in a whole month, you get an hour of iTunes making backups, plus another three hours transferring perchases, and nothing addin songs to the iPod. So that's what I was doing today once I got the computer back: Syncing.

In the meantime I'll go read back and pay more attention to what you and Caveman were saying about his problem.

Good luck then.

So seeing that caveman had exactly the same problem I had, even the error message was the same (cwstudios told me caveman had the problem, but I didn't think the same problem)

My main question is this: how far is the code updated on github? According to what cwstudios told caveman to do here…

cwstudios wrote:

It's in the repository under CAVEMAN-TENNY. Some things that you need to do to get this mac ready is.

1. change all occurences of StdCallCallback (StdCallbackLibrary) to Callback (Library) you can use ctrl-f to find all of them.
2. remove all reference to windows api’s. should be easy to find because they make your app crash when you launch
3. remove the dispatch message calls (peekMessage/dispatchMessage/translateMessage)
4. copy the edsdk framework to /Library/Frameworks or /System/Library/Frameworks
5. you’ll have to fiddle with the library loading a bit. it’s inside CanonCamera (i think)
6. if you would like to use callbacks (e.g. for downloading images) make sure to have some awt window open. calling

new Frame().dispose();

seems to be enough to get the nsapplication loop going.

7. before you run anything you need to add

-d32

To the JVM arguments to force 32bit mode. The canon edsdk isn’t 64bit mode yet for Mac it's developmental on windows according to them. Make sure you DO NOT push these changes to the windows version repo I can make a new one for mac or you can make it.

…he finally got it working on Windows 7 I think. Those steps required a lot of changing the code and there's a complete difference between the Windows code now and the Mac code. Did caveman update any of the stuff he did to the repo?

caveman wrote:

Instead, I'll just make a new comment. It claims that the build was successful despite several lapses, and I am comletely unsure if these are significant or not.

So caveman, I want to say this. The build was successful because syntax and the general code is complete, and will run properly. However, there's a meathod that is called, and it threw this exception when trying to start the program.

This is a long shot, but if we catch the error like this it might at least open up the window and show the components.

try{//what the meathod that is causing this error is called
}catch(UnsatisfiedLinkException e){// Do nothing}

I do it all the time: catching an error and doing nothing it he try block fails.

If the meathod is totally important, no matter what camera you're using or where any files are, we needn't catch that meathod.

Last edited by jasper (March 30, 2013 (11:22pm))

All the compatible windows version should be working. The mac repo should be fairly up to date, as for the rest caveman  will have to address.

Oh, and Caveman, I am using a Mac, I thought it was fairly obvious. I've told CW here earlier that I have a mac