Re: BiM 2012: Kitchen Sink [CLOSED]

I don't really enjoy the theme, but this is a chance to get back to animating since stopping a year ago. Plus i have already planned what i'm going to do, hopefully i still know how to animate

legogod wrote:

* Multiple submissions will be accepted but only the last one entered is eligible to compete.

mini/sad Now I will have to decide on a theme.....

This seems interesting and the prizes are cool. Maybe I might make something for this..............

Could people who are collaborating still send in separate entries as well?

Living LEGO wrote:

Could people who are collaborating still send in separate entries as well?

No. You can choose to do something yourself OR with your friends / family and that is it. Good question, I hadn't thought of that one.

Jared

Working on some stuff for the script... I will wright, build, and animate until its finished! (Knowing me it will be as close to the deadline as most THAC entries are...)

EDIT: Added a general thread for posting updates on your kitchen sink entry.
http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/to … on-thread/

Last edited by buikes (May 20, 2012 (08:44pm))

Whoa! New contest! I've been looking for an excuse to do an interactive video (and get back into brickfilming). This seems like a nice concept. I can already feel the ideas starting to form!

AniExer-size 2 contest entry: The QuickcamPro 9000.
View it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf7cLSIjznI

Hey everybody!  I haven't been on BIM in ages.  Finally ready to get back into brickfilming mini/smile

I thought I'd share another interactive Brickfilm I had seen a while back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNOHUDVD … ature=plcp

Hope it gives you all some ideas.  I really like the theme this year, so expect to see an entry from me.

Is their any free software for masking?

END films wrote:

Is their any free software for masking?

bafran and gimp....

"Of The Pond Films"
*funny quote here*   Youtube | Steam | Facebook

I always give up, but not this time, NOT THIS TIME! I will have to...endure the pains of animating! mini/lol

Sounds like it's time for me to dust off my animating fingers, haven't had a good driving force to animate for a while! This sounds great!. . .Just as soon as I finish my GCSE exams XP

I have an idea!

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Right, I've worked out the rough plan for my script. Now to detail it and to start building sets. mini/smile

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-I2UuAgHkQFk/TvS9MypMf4I/AAAAAAAAASc/aGqXEWn5ryk/s320/IMG_0072.JPG
Would this be a problem?

If it is a problem, try messing around with it. Like "Banana's" or "Chilay's" if you want it to be a restaurant like that. mini/wink

"Of The Pond Films"
*funny quote here*   Youtube | Steam | Facebook

I have added a "FAQ" to the initial post in this thread to help you find the answers to questions you might have. They're important and I don't expect you all to go sifting through every page to find one.

buikes wrote:

Would this be a problem? (Chili's image)

Yes and no. There is something about this that is hard to put into words but I will try.

First of all, the chili by itself could be anything- a squashed fruit or vegetable, maybe a sunburned baby. By adding the trademarked logo above it-you want us to know that it is a Chili's restaurant. When I started this contest I wanted to see what you all could make from your own minds. If you needed to use a restaurant I thought you'd make one up. If you wanted a CD cover, cereal box, or book...you get the idea.

Basically you can make any restaurant your imagination comes up with and you'd like to settle with one that is already made?

My problem with this stated, I did say yes and no.

If this is in an establishing shot (say, a pan of a street) it would be okay.

You might like to add touches of realism in a brick movie to anchor it or give it some depth- and if this is your pleasure I understand. I urge you to use your imagination and make something new but please note that a film will not be disqualified if it includes something like Buikes's build for a short period of time. Anything longer might be considered a "commercial."

Jared

Not sure I need it so it will probably not be in my film.

I scrapped my old idea. I need a new one. Now. I won't finish unless I come up with one....now.

As legogod told me that the contest is open ended i might as well do a RPG style like final fantasy?