Topic: Lego Star Wars Part 1 - Duel

Directory Link

Lego Star Wars Part 1 - Duel

YouTube Link

The first part of my Lego Star Wars Trilogy.  I posted a link to this on the forum a long time ago but never got round to submitting to the film forum

Hope you like it

Last edited by AngryChair (April 16, 2012 (02:05pm))

Re: Lego Star Wars Part 1 - Duel

Throughout the thousands and thousands of awful Lego Star Wars muuveys on YouTube - this is one that stands out from the crowd.

I love the choice not to include any dialogue - which is the flaw with most of the terrible Star Wars 'animations'. For some reason the silence adds to the whole thing, making the music speak for itself.
The effects are brilliant. The lightsabers are nice, I enjoyed the part when the Jedi leapt up from the ledge, and I usually hate green screens that use a real life background rather than CGI Lego - but this for some reason works fine.

Its the very rare Star Wars, Indiana Jones, or Batman animations like this that make me believe there is the possibility to make great Brickfilms inspired by movies.

YouTube
Max, She/They

Re: Lego Star Wars Part 1 - Duel

Morning Max.  Thank you for the kind words.  I was hesitant to post these to be honest as you're right there's a million and one Star Wars related videos around.

Noe I'm done with the trilogy, I'm looking forward to taking a break and going in a totally different direction

Once again, thank you for commenting and taking the time to view my film!

Cheers

Jay