Topic: LEGO Minecraft

I couldn't find this so here we go!
LEGO is going to launch LEGO Minecraft. So what are your opinions? Good? Bad? I personally like the creeper.
Also some info can be found here and the "trailer" here.

Last edited by Keesret (February 16, 2012 (01:01pm))

Re: LEGO Minecraft

The actual pre-order page with nice hi-res shots and stuff is here:
https://www.jinx.com/legominecraft

I think it's a little bit of a let down (considering it's so expensive) but it's cute. I might get some, we'll see.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

I don't really like that...
Even though Minecraft is my favourite game (when i'm playing games at all), I don't think it should be combined with lego. Lego is great as it is, and I think Minecraft would kind of ruin the concept. It is much more fun to BUILD a creeper than having an own creeper figure if you understand.

YouTube channel
N00bToob ebovv

Hazzat wrote:

The actual pre-order page with nice hi-res shots and stuff is here:
https://www.jinx.com/legominecraft

I think it's a little bit of a let down (considering it's so expensive) but it's cute. I might get some, we'll see.

Added it!

I agree with Briks, it shouldn't be mixed with lego...

It gives you a great selection of the square 1x1 plates and flats, though. I might get it because of that.

Oh, I didn't think of that!

YouTube channel
N00bToob ebovv

Gosh, that is an outrageous price though. mini/confused

"Of The Pond Films"
*funny quote here*   Youtube | Steam | Facebook

1011ev wrote:

Not really, it's actually a relatively good price.
A good price/piece count ration is $0.10 per piece. This set has 480 pieces for $35, which is normally a very good price, but because most of the pieces in the Minecraft Micro World are small (1x1 & 2x2), it (mostly)  makes up for the price. It's still a good selection of useful little pieces.

Also, it comes with some extra "wood," "stone," and "dirt." Also two "Micro Mobs," but I'm not sure what those are.

Last edited by Mighty Wanderer (February 16, 2012 (01:07pm))

1011ev wrote:

Yeah, 35 dollars is a lot for such a small set. If I'll ever buy it I'll wait for a price drop. Also I hope that LEGO doesn't make creepers "friendly". I think LEGO or Mojang never should have made this. I mean, Minecraft is a game, not a toy.

Ha, true to that... but it was only due to lego cuusoo.

EDIT: They got 10,000 supporters quite fast, except I don't think most of the supporters expected it to be small at that price...

"Of The Pond Films"

dats actually pretty sweet

The Ghost of Mrs. Day studios: Home of mediocre brickfilms.

Mighty Wanderer wrote:

It gives you a great selection of the square 1x1 plates and flats, though. I might get it because of that.

Haha, this is exactly the only reason why I would get it. I have never even played Minecraft but still think this would be a good source for some Bricks if you'd want the set.

Keesret wrote:
1011ev wrote:

Yeah, 35 dollars is a lot for such a small set. If I'll ever buy it I'll wait for a price drop. Also I hope that LEGO doesn't make creepers "friendly". I think LEGO or Mojang never should have made this. I mean, Minecraft is a game, not a toy.

Harry Potter is a film AND a game yet, there are Lego sets.
So is Star Wars yet, there are Lego sets.

LASF wrote:
Keesret wrote:
1011ev wrote:

The difference? Both Harry Potter and Star Wars were films. THEN made into games, to follow the storylines of the films. THEN made into LEGO sets, to show certain scenes from, as you would guess, the films. NOT the games.
In my opinion, making Minecraft LEGO sets seems kinda pointless. I mean the essence of the two is exactly the same, build and create; but with the LEGO Minecraft sets, you take out both the survival aspect of the game, and the limitlessness of it. What we are left with, dear friends, is a LEGO microscale landscape. All it does is make little plates easier to get. If you want my opinion, I say just go on Bricklink and order the exact pieces in the exact numbers from the sets, for about $5-$10. Then find the instructions online. It's so much easier.

kcirb-- its brick backwards.
Youtube

kcirbfilms wrote:
LASF wrote:
Keesret wrote:

The difference? Both Harry Potter and Star Wars were films. THEN made into games, to follow the storylines of the films. THEN made into LEGO sets, to show certain scenes from, as you would guess, the films. NOT the games.
In my opinion, making Minecraft LEGO sets seems kinda pointless. I mean the essence of the two is exactly the same, build and create; but with the LEGO Minecraft sets, you take out both the survival aspect of the game, and the limitlessness of it. What we are left with, dear friends, is a LEGO microscale landscape. All it does is make little plates easier to get. If you want my opinion, I say just go on Bricklink and order the exact pieces in the exact numbers from the sets, for about $5-$10. Then find the instructions online. It's so much easier.

True, they were films though they are games, too.

I personally would like to see a Lego Diamond Ore block.

I personally think they're okay. A tad overpriced in my opinion, but not too overpriced. They could've been better, but they're kinda cool. I'll probably pick up one, possibly two.

Can anyone find a microfig walk cycle animation?

mini/smile

I'm working on putting one together, and will show you once it's complete. mini/wink

A microfig walk cycle? It's more like a hop thing, a tad bit different from doing a bunny hop. mini/smile

"Of The Pond Films"